Annexstad out indefinitely with foot injury

That was my first thought. That ended Decker's college career, right? Obviously he recovered and had a nice NFL career.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Not to throw cold water on the subject, but every time I had a QB explain hearing a pop throwing the ball, it was the Achilles. Just saying ....

Not to throw cold water on the subject, but every time I had a QB explain hearing a pop throwing the ball, it was the Achilles. Just saying ....
They said foot though, and I don't consider an Achilles injury a foot injury. I have heard that Achilles pop myself (someone I was playing basketball with).

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

If it was the Achilles PJ wouldn’t say there was a chance for him to be back near the end of the year. Additionally, the pop heard/felt with an Achilles tear/rupture is located in the area from just above the heel to the the junction of the tendon with the calf. This pop was described as being inside the foot. I’m thinkin Lisfranc like Antoine’s injury is the most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if it's a 3-month process, he could theoretically come back in November. at the very least, he could dress for four games as a backup/emergency QB without losing a year of eligibility.

Now, there's a story-line. Annexstad comes off the bench against Wisconsin and leads the game-winning drive.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I’d rather have Morgan throw three first half TDs and Clark mops up in a 42-14 win.

It will be interesting to see how Morgan responds to being “the guy” at the start of camp. He might actually perform better without the added pressure of having PJ’s preferred QB standing on the sidelines with helmet in hand. Throughout high school, I doubt he ever had a “competition” for his job as a 4 year starter, so last year’s situation was new for him.

Kramer would be a stretch, so Clark by default. Both are a big drop-off. Clark has a noticably long throwing motion, hope they work on it.

Wrong. Kramer is not a stretch at all. More mobile and very accurate.

What a fricken’ absolute bummer. Hope all the best for Zack. Hope he has a speedy recovery and they find out it’s not as bad as first thought! RTB, Ski U Mah! Go Gophers!!!

Has not shown either in the three practices I have attended.

Bottom line- who gives the team the best chance to win if Morgan goes down? Green or one of the FR?

Early in the season, I would say Green. Now, if something happens in week #8 or #9, by then, maybe Clark can go in there and not soil his pants. All depends on how fast he picks things up - and how the coaches tailor the game plan to his strengths.

The secondary question - if Green does have to be the regular QB, is he running the regular offense, or some variation of the wildcat? If Green is the last man standing, I would think they would have to tone it down on his rushing attempts. They do have one or two other RB's who can play (or so I've heard).

JC is vastly more experienced and more productive coming out of high school than ZA, running a system with similarities to Kirk’s so if ZA can start game 1 I’d guess JC could plausibly do even better.

Last edited:

Really too bad about ZA. Obviously it is tough for anyone but particularly athletes to deal with an injury that puts them out of service for an extended time and worst case scenario can lead to chronic issues with the simple act of walking.

This obviously narrows the corridor to a successful season should there be a)be an injury to TM, or b) JC proves unready for the jump in defense. Kramer could be the wild card but seems to have the toughest hill to climb considering all the factors but would never write him off.

Well, that settles it.

Has not shown either in the three practices I have attended.

I don’t know what you were watching. You think Clark is more mobile? Kramer was more accurate on Saturday. Clark has a better deep ball. But he also has a slow delivery. I would ride with Cole short term.

Well, that settles it.

It does. Cole playing this year over Clark is not a stretch. If you read that as me declaring he’s better and will play, that’s your problem.

If it was the Achilles PJ wouldn’t say there was a chance for him to be back near the end of the year. Additionally, the pop heard/felt with an Achilles tear/rupture is located in the area from just above the heel to the the junction of the tendon with the calf. This pop was described as being inside the foot. I’m thinkin Lisfranc like Antoine’s injury is the most likely.

PJ doesn’t always tell the truth. [emoji2957]
The Achilles is close to the foot and maybe he meant ZA could be back within a year.
Really surprised Spoofing didn’t jump on this angle
Really sucks for ZA.
But, I think this will help the development of all three remaining QB’s. TM will get more first team reps and JC and CK will get more second team reps increasing their development. Along with that they should get some game action for both in the NC part of the schedule to see if either can handle the show in case TM does go down for any length of time.

Also...how tf does a 19 year old well conditioned athlete, who can’t be hit in practice, have a potentially season ending foot injury? Did he have injury issues in high school?

Could be a lot of things. One that we've seen a lot lately is caused by poorly fit cleats. Try to plant, roll your ankle hard, and snap your fifth metatarsal. You can still play on it, but if you're an elite level athlete, with a chance to go professional, you're going to be in a boot for a few months.

Did we complete the internet diagnosis here?

Does he have a case of rampant foot flu or something?

I don’t know what you were watching. You think Clark is more mobile? Kramer was more accurate on Saturday. Clark has a better deep ball. But he also has a slow delivery. I would ride with Cole short term.

Can’t be true. The passing coach from TX stated JC’s mechanics were superior to both incumbents.

Are we talking Tim Tebow UPS ground delivery time? Were any tennis balls spotted.

Last edited:

Did we complete the internet diagnosis here?

Does he have a case of rampant foot flu or something?

As with Brooks we’ll probably never know what kind of injury it was unless the player decides to go public as Leidner did with his impressive post op pics. Safe to say he’s going to be out until late October to November at minimum. Let’s all hope TM is playing well enough there’s no question of needing a change and on the low percentage chance there does need to be a change for injury or a sophomore slump one of the other guys has the it factor.

Can’t be true. The passing coach from TX stated JC’s mechanics were superior to both incumbents.

Are we talking Tim Tebow UPS ground delivery time? Were any tennis balls spotted.

I thought his throwing motion looked fine. Very accurate deep ball.

As with Brooks we’ll probably never know what kind of injury it was unless the player decides to go public as Leidner did with his impressive post op pics. Safe to say he’s going to be out until late October to November at minimum. Let’s all hope TM is playing well enough there’s no question of needing a change and on the low percentage chance there does need to be a change for injury or a sophomore slump one of the other guys has the it factor.

strong chance it was a lisfranc fracture. Same injury Eric Decker and AWJ had.

strong chance it was a lisfranc fracture. Same injury Eric Decker and AWJ had.

Could well be, the only question about that in my mind is the statements about him possibly coming back later in the year. He won’t be coming back this year with a Lisfranc. Maybe they didn’t have a diagnosis.

If so, circles around to the artificial surface debate - non contact injuries with high torque loads, rotational forces popping ligaments. Shoe and cleat type, etc. This seems like a poorly understood “black magic” area currently.

Could well be, the only question about that in my mind is the statements about him possibly coming back later in the year. He won’t be coming back this year with a Lisfranc. Maybe they didn’t have a diagnosis.

If so, circles around to the artificial surface debate - non contact injuries with high torque loads, rotational forces popping ligaments. Shoe and cleat type, etc. This seems like a poorly understood “black magic” area currently.

I heard he was having surgery today, so it's safe to assume they know what the injury is

One particular out pass drill Kramer missed at least 2 passes (out of maybe 5), one short, one behind; and one of those caught the receiver had to go up and get. In another drill, he overthrew the receiver by several feet. I did not see the same from Morgan or Clark. Yes his down field balls were underwhelming, and receivers had to adjust a lot more to his than the other two. Less concerned about that compared to the short/medium passes his missed on.

Overall both are a noticeable drop-off from Morgan, Clark less so than Kramer IMHO.

Based on the drills/plays run Saturday, I did not see a noticeable difference in mobility between the three. I agree and pointed out in other posts that Clark's delivery is long, and I hope it gets worked on. I'm sure Clark and Kramer will get a lot of attention over the next several weeks, so both should improve.

I heard he was having surgery today, so it's safe to assume they know what the injury is

Yes, but I’m talking about the statements made early on. Have there been any updated statements on him possibly coming back?

Coincidentally or not the “fleck sign” is a diagnostic marker in Lisfranc injuries.

It’s funny how the narrative is that Zack was the starter, and Morgan 2nd on the depth chart. That was the prediction from Burns and a few others in the media, but PJ said it hadn’t been settled. Never mind that Morgan was the more effective QB last season.

From the PP. This doesn’t sound like any typical Lisfranc surgery recovery.

Annexstad’s injury, which was not specified Saturday, could require surgery. If so, it would be done as soon as possible to jump-start the healing.

A more detailed understanding of the injury suggests Annexstad is expected to need to be off his foot for about six weeks, followed by roughly six weeks for weight-bearing activities and then up to six weeks of rehab. Based on the full extent of that timeline, Annexstad could return to prep for a possible bowl game in December.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/...ck-annexstad-out-indefinitely-with-an-injury/

Then again, the MN orthopods might have some tricks up their sleeves for a more rapid recovery that aren’t common knowledge.

Top Bottom