Annexstad out indefinitely with foot injury

Annexstad out indefinitely with a foot injury

Ron Johnson nails it.

Ron Johnson
@3RonJohnson

The good thing for #Gophers football is that we saw Tanner Morgan win games. BIG GAMES!!! So w/ Tyler Johnson, Rashod Bateman, Chris Autman-Bell, Demetrius Douglas & the plethora of RBs they have they will be just fine. Morgan has to mentally become the starter in his head NOW!!!

https://twitter.com/3ronjohnson/status/1157734082220048384?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oMRum9l.gif

Expect 6 to 12 weeks just to heal, which is a lot of play. Depends if there is also a dislocation. We’ll know more in a couple of days.

To be clear, you are saying that you don't know what the injury is, but you expect it'll take 6 to 12 weeks for this unknown injury to heal. Is that correct?

To be clear, you are saying that you don't know what the injury is, but you expect it'll take 6 to 12 weeks for this unknown injury to heal. Is that correct?

A broken bone in foot is six weeks. Broken bone with dislocation is up to twelve. Just trying to give folks general facts about the probable injury and recovery. The word “indefinitely” points to the latter. Annexstad appears most likely lost for the season. We’ll find out more in a couple of days. The upside could be a redshirt year for Ax and select playing time for the non-wildcat QBs. This isn’t a disaster.

I sure hope we don't have to play Clark this year more than 4 games.

Clark will get more reps though, which is awesome.

Maybe I am selling Kramer short though.

On the plus side, it will give Morgan more time to develop chemistry with all the WRs, while also giving KC more time to tailor the offense around his skills. It will also help in speeding up the development of the Jacob and Cole as they will more reps now than if ZA were taking some. With the new rule of being able to play 4 and keep your redshirt, they still have quite a bit of flexibility in playing those two, as long as Morgan stays healthy, especially in the NC
I don’t agree with D House on his downfield throwing. As the season went on Morgan hit some big passes that were deep balls. He’s only going to get better at it now with the increase in reps with the first team.

On the plus side, it will give Morgan more time to develop chemistry with all the WRs, while also giving KC more time to tailor the offense around his skills. It will also help in speeding up the development of the Jacob and Cole as they will more reps now than if ZA were taking some. With the new rule of being able to play 4 and keep your redshirt, they still have quite a bit of flexibility in playing those two, as long as Morgan stays healthy, especially in the NC
I don’t agree with D House on his downfield throwing. As the season went on Morgan hit some big passes that were deep balls. He’s only going to get better at it now with the increase in reps with the first team.

I wanted to see Annexstad behind the solid offensive line. I think he was ready to take off.

No.

Yes.

Morgan is now the starter. Kramer and Clark are backups. Any other silly, silly, silly questions?

Guess what genius? Seth did at least one set of passing drills with the QB group today.

The way they are talking about this sounds season ending. Must have been something like a severe ankle injury with dislocation, or broken bones. Gonna be deep into the season if at all before he’s back.

Who is "they"?

Annexstad out indefinitely with a foot injury

Non-contact injury.

It’s Tanner’s team now. He has a chance to forever end questions around who the starting QB is going to be.

Last edited:

Fleck did say Kramer and Clark had good days.

Was anyone there to confirm this?

Tough for Annexstad.

I though Morgan was the more talented QB and hoped he would win the job outright instead of like this.

No question it’s Morgan’s team now. Interested to see what he can do for a full season.

So maybe Zack gets a medical redshirt on this if they keep him out and he will still have a four game redshirt year.

Almost sounds like Seth Green could be an emergency option to keep Cole and Jacob both at our under their four games this year should Tanner have a health issue.

Zack could possibly end up playing his Senior year here the same year as Jacob Clark in 2023.

2019 - medical redshirt
2020 - redshirt
2021 - sophomore
2022 - Junior
2023 - Senior

Fleck did say Kramer and Clark had good days.

Was anyone there to confirm this?

I was and it was mixed. It's a big drop off to those two. Kramer struggled all practice. Clark's throws were off to begin but he got better. His long balls were maybe 50/50. Still big drop-off. I mentioned this in another post but Seth did at least one set of passing drills with the QBs.

I was and it was mixed. It's a big drop off to those two. Kramer struggled all practice. Clark's throws were off to begin but he got better. His long balls were maybe 50/50. Still big drop-off. I mentioned this in another post but Seth did at least one set of passing drills with the QBs.

How did Morgan look?

Sounds like there is a chance he might return, but doesn't look good. Any chance a pop in your foot like that is something not too serious?

Sounds like there is a chance he might return, but doesn't look good. Any chance a pop in your foot like that is something not too serious?
My uninformed guess is a partial or complete Achilles tear.

Could be a plantar fascia rupture, as well.

Expect 6 to 12 weeks just to heal, which is a lot of play. Depends if there is also a dislocation. We’ll know more in a couple of days.

You don’t even know what part of the ankle/foot was injured let alone the injury itself. Quit talking about things of which you have no knowledge- your brain must be frying in the AZ sun.

My uninformed guess is a partial or complete Achilles tear.

My thought as well. Non contact, pop in foot. Probably out for year. Stress on his face etc.

Ron Johnson nails it.

Ron Johnson
@3RonJohnson

The good thing for #Gophers football is that we saw Tanner Morgan win games. BIG GAMES!!! So w/ Tyler Johnson, Rashod Bateman, Chris Autman-Bell, Demetrius Douglas & the plethora of RBs they have they will be just fine. Morgan has to mentally become the starter in his head NOW!!!

https://twitter.com/3ronjohnson/status/1157734082220048384?s=21

Kind of dumb, actually. Why wouldn’t Morgan already think he won the job. Many of us believe that. The depth issue is what stings. JC era could start sooner than anyone imagines.

What a bad break. I hope Zack Annexstad recovers fast. My biggest fear of any season is key injuries. Let's hope that the Gophers can get the next man up with much better depth than we've had for a while.

My thought as well. Non contact, pop in foot. Probably out for year. Stress on his face etc.

Could be but plenty of other possibilities especially since the pop was “in his foot” not his heel or lower calf. Lisfranc injury comes to mind.

How did Morgan look?

He looked fine. Had trouble with his long balls, but clearly knows the offense. Seem more animated with other players, running down and congratulating them when there was a good catch or run. Really first time I saw that from him...that is what ZA would do in previous practices.

I wanted to see Annexstad behind the solid offensive line. I think he was ready to take off.

I agree. Thought his upside was higher than TM. I'm no expert though.

Top Bottom