PP: Isaiah Ihnen shows spark among many new Gopher basketball players

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Kalscheur, Willis, Carr and Ihnen are expected to be the top long-range shooters for the Gophers, with Ihnen impressing in how quickly he has picked up the 20 percent of the Gophers’ offense that has been installed.

“Really, really smart,” Pitino said of Ihnen. “Really talented. 6-8, can shoot the ball. When you watch him, you can see that’s a talented-looking player right there — or a talented prospect. Put on a little bit of weight (15 pounds of muscle) and I do think the sky is the limit for him.”

The Gophers and other NCAA programs are allowed one international trip each four years. The U went to Spain in 2015. This year, Pitino was considering a jaunt to Canada before forward Eric Curry and Carr talked him into something else.

Pitino said he has been doing some extra prep work for the trip. “I’ve starved myself for the last two weeks, solely to eat everything that is put in front of me,” Pitino joked. “It’s by far the best (food).”

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bask...park-among-many-new-Gopher-basketball-players

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

Kalscheur, Willis, Carr and Ihnen are expected to be the top long-range shooters for the Gophers, with Ihnen impressing in how quickly he has picked up the 20 percent of the Gophers’ offense that has been installed.

“Really, really smart,” Pitino said of Ihnen. “Really talented. 6-8, can shoot the ball. When you watch him, you can see that’s a talented-looking player right there — or a talented prospect. Put on a little bit of weight (15 pounds of muscle) and I do think the sky is the limit for him.”

The Gophers and other NCAA programs are allowed one international trip each four years. The U went to Spain in 2015. This year, Pitino was considering a jaunt to Canada before forward Eric Curry and Carr talked him into something else.

Pitino said he has been doing some extra prep work for the trip. “I’ve starved myself for the last two weeks, solely to eat everything that is put in front of me,” Pitino joked. “It’s by far the best (food).”

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bask...park-among-many-new-Gopher-basketball-players

Go Gophers!!

The article has a little more info... nice read. Sure glad Pitino decide to go to Italy instead of Canada, more exciting of a trip. They will play games in Rome, Florence and Bologna. Great experience and great time for team bonding.

Top Bottom