Which QB will lead the 2019 Gophers in passing yards?

• Tanner Morgan

Votes: 51 68.0%
  • Zack Annexstad

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Seth Green

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Jacob Clark

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cole Kramer

• Other

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I went with Morgan. I think he's going to win QB1 in the next week and will be off to the races for a very good breakout season.

Whatever quarterback plays more.

Morgan but it could be either one. I think one of the two QBs takes a solid hold on the job this year.

I think the question is: where will Minnesota rank in the final B1G rushing stats... cuz we are going to run the ball hard and often, folks.

I think the question is: where will Minnesota rank in the final B1G rushing stats... cuz we are going to run the ball hard and often, folks.

The only way we are going to run the ball to the full capability of this offense os to also throw the ball with success. Annexstad will be the guy but in the end, I don't care who is behind center as long as they are effective in steering this offense into the end zone.

The only way we are going to run the ball to the full capability of this offense os to also throw the ball with success. Annexstad will be the guy but in the end, I don't care who is behind center as long as they are effective in steering this offense into the end zone.

Hmmmm....

2018, Minnesota 41, Purdue 10 — Minnesota 150 yards passing, 265 yards rushing. Time of possession: Minnesota, 33:13

2018, Minnesota 37, Wisconsin 15 — Minnesota 124 yards passing, 201 yards rushing. Time of possession: Minnesota, 35:06

2018, Minnesota 34, Georgia Tech 10 — Minnesota 132 yards passing, 260 yards rushing. Time of possession: Minnesota, 30:43

TOTALS for these 3 huge wins: 406 yards passing (135/per game) / 726 yards rushing (242/per game)

I'm no expert, but I see a strong pattern here, and it seems to lead to successful outcomes. I'd be shocked if Fleck & Co. weren't thinking along the same lines.

Last edited:

Hmmmm....

2018, Minnesota 41, Purdue 10 — Minnesota 150 yards passing, 265 yards rushing. Time of possession: Minnesota, 33:13

2018, Minnesota 37, Wisconsin 15 — Minnesota 124 yards passing, 201 yards rushing. Time of possession: Minnesota, 35:06

2018, Minnesota 34, Georgia Tech 10 — Minnesota 132 yards passing, 260 yards rushing. Time of possession: Minnesota, 30:43

TOTALS for these 3 huge wins: 406 yards passing (135/per game) / 726 yards rushing (242/per game)

I'm no expert, but I see a strong pattern here, and it seems to lead to successful outcomes. I'd be shocked if Fleck & Co. weren't thinking along the same lines.

Throwing the ball with success =/= throwing for a lot of yards

It's a moot point now for Annexstad, hate that he got hurt again. Let's hope Morgan can stay healthy and continues to change his best.

Still some intrepid souls voting weeks later and post-injury - very nice. Maybe time to close the poll. Barring crystal balls into injury the season rides on TM2’s shoulders.

I went with Morgan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom