Initial 2019 Coaches Poll - Gophers Receiving Votes

Ole Miss is even worse than TN at doing less with more. They had more players drafted in the first 3 rounds off of a 5-7 (1-7 SEC) team than the Gophers have had in the past 12 years combined.

I think they are very close in that respect. TN is usually about 10 spots higher and has been a .500 team the past 10 years with some real bad conference records... including a winless one.

I think I get what you're saying, and I don't necessarily disagree, but ...

So with a stupid 12/1 Neb odds to make the playoffs they can bait stupid fans for sure.

IMO they have to be more careful with points and such as any attempt to bait folks there could expose them to anyone else who knows better. They tend to fall in line a bit more with realistic odds there.
Nebraska is going to be favored by small lines until they start losing.

Amway Coaches Poll

Fresno State gets 32 votes versus 1 vote for the Gophers in the first preseason coach's poll. There has been lots of confidence on this board regarding the non conference games. Apparently the coaches or their SIDs don't agree.

By the way, USC gets barely more love than Fresno State.

I'm surprised swingman didn't pick this up and post it.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/

I hate the idea of the big polls (AP and coaches) even releasing preseason polls. As no games have been played, they cannot be based on this season's onfield performance, and instead are a combination of hype and previous year's performance. That would be fine if the preseason poll was limited to the preseason, but once we have onfield results, the preseason polls serve as an anchor.

I hate the idea of the big polls (AP and coaches) even releasing preseason polls. As no games have been played, they cannot be based on this season's onfield performance, and instead are a combination of hype and previous year's performance. That would be fine if the preseason poll was limited to the preseason, but once we have onfield results, the preseason polls serve as an anchor.

Polls are for fans. They have to start somewhere. By week 2 there will be 5 top 25 teams already with a loss (IMO). Frost stated at his Fan Day interview, that he did not put Nebraska in his top 25. He really doesnt care for the hype right now. Mostly because it takes focus away from players whether we want to believe it or not. Coaches embrace challenges by nature but year two at UCF has the media expecting crazy things.

The only poll that matters doesn’t release one.
If this poll impacts the committee, they should be kicked off the committee

Top Bottom