View Poll Results: Who will be the Gopher's leading scorer?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcus Carr

20 29.85%
  • Daniel Oturu

18 26.87%
  • Gabe Kalesheur

26 38.81%
  • Demir

0 0%
  • Payton Willis

1 1.49%
  • Tre Williams

0 0%
  • Isaiah Ihnen

0 0%
  • Curry

1 1.49%
  • Michael Hurt

1 1.49%
  • The field

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yesterday at the first Italian game we saw a return to the pure 3 guard offense of Pitino's earliest years here. His quantitative depth is in the front line but that doesn't appear to be quality depth yet, especially if Curry can't get truly healthy for awhile.

I would say Gabe because he likely will play the most minutes and will need to assert himself more often like he did at the end of the last season.

Daniel will play as much as he can but he's fairly foul prone (4.6 per 40 minutes last year - not as bad as Reggie Lynch or Bakary but enough to limit minutes played) so I don't see him as the leading scorer.

If Willis' play in yesterday's game is a fair approximation of what he can approach in the regular season, he should be a double figure scorer. I hope that Carr is better than what he showed yesterday but he should be a double figure scorer if for no other reason than the number of shots he may take. I really don't know what to think of Demir yet.

My money would be on Gabe. Tough to imagine it being a center, even though i think Oturu will be real good this year.

Tre Williams is looking like a dark-horse after leading the team in scoring at 2/3 games in Italy. Of course, these were blowouts and Gabe and the starters weren't needed for defense.

Ihnen racked up 19 with some extended run as well.