View Poll Results: Who will be the Gopher's leading scorer?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcus Carr

19 29.23%
  • Daniel Oturu

17 26.15%
  • Gabe Kalesheur

26 40.00%
  • Demir

0 0%
  • Payton Willis

1 1.54%
  • Tre Williams

0 0%
  • Isaiah Ihnen

0 0%
  • Curry

1 1.54%
  • Michael Hurt

1 1.54%
  • The field

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who will be the Gopher's leading scorer in 2019-2020?

Just wondering if we can reach a consensus on who will lead our team in scoring.

Odds on favorites:

Marcus Carr
    Daniel Oturu
    Gabe Kalesheur
    Demir

I have Oturu around 14, Gabe 13, Carr 12, and Demir at 9ppg. So Oturu.

Gabe, kid is destined for greatness. Hope Kerwin is paying attention because he can be the next Gabe

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Based on what Pitino is saying about emphasizing the three point shot in this year's offense, I have to go with Gabe. I do think our scoring will run a lot deeper this year sans that two departed stars. I think you could see 8-9 guys all over 5-6 points per game. Last year we dropped to 4 ppg after the starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Based on what Pitino is saying about emphasizing the three point shot in this year's offense, I have to go with Gabe. I do think our scoring will run a lot deeper this year sans that two departed stars. I think you could see 8-9 guys all over 5-6 points per game. Last year we dropped to 4 ppg after the starting 5.
    ANd I think we'll be better for it if we can get actual bench production

I went with Carr.

Blog Entries

Gabe, Danny a close 2nd

Kalscheur occurred to me with Pitino's recent remarks about emphasizing 3 point shooting, but unless he's hot all season long, I would imagine someone who can get close to the basket will more consistently score a lot of points. If Gabe can be a threat to drive to the hoop, and score layups, he could be tough to handle on offense, but if he's not getting hot from outside, I just don't see him as the sort of player who will be filling up the basket.

Having a center be the leading scorer seems weird and unlikely, maybe because it feels like we haven't had a really strong offensive center in awhile, but Oturu was third in scoring behind Coffey and Murphy last year despite being fifth in minutes played, and he could become a bigger offensive focus with Murphy gone, especially if he can foul less and be able to stay on the floor longer.

After writing that, maybe I should have gone with Oturu, but I said Carr as I imagine he will have the ball in his hands the most, being the starting point guard and I get the impression that he will be one of the more complete players on the team.

I thought gabe too but for the same reason as you (the new emphasis on the 3 and our supposedly better shooters) I think it's going to really open up the middle for Oturu so I went with him as he might get a lot of easy buckets if the D is super spread out covering all our 3 point shooters.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I thought gabe too but for the same reason as you (the new emphasis on the 3 and our supposedly better shooters) I think it's going to really open up the middle for Oturu so I went with him as he might get a lot of easy buckets if the D is super spread out covering all our 3 point shooters.
    No doubt- that's a possible outcome! I think Oturu is going to have a fantastic year.

If we have four shooters on the court at all times, they'll be splitting up the 3 pointers, with Oturu scoring most of the down-low buckets. I went with Oturu to lead the team.

I voted Carr, sounds like he is a good 3 point shooter.

No doubt- that's a possible outcome! I think Oturu is going to have a fantastic year.
    I really hope so! It will only open up more room for our shooters if he is a force down low.
    Who hates iowa?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I really hope so! It will only open up more room for our shooters if he is a force down low.
    We will be hard to defend with balance like that.
    Kingdom Warriors

Top scorer: Gabe
    MVP: Oturu
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan