Who will be the Gopher's leading scorer in 2019-2020?

Who will be the Gopher's leading scorer?

• Marcus Carr

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Daniel Oturu

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Gabe Kalesheur

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Demir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Payton Willis

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Tre Williams

• Isaiah Ihnen

• Curry

• Michael Hurt

• The field

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Just wondering if we can reach a consensus on who will lead our team in scoring.

Odds on favorites:

Marcus Carr
Daniel Oturu
Gabe Kalesheur
Demir

I have Oturu around 14, Gabe 13, Carr 12, and Demir at 9ppg. So Oturu.

Gabe, kid is destined for greatness. Hope Kerwin is paying attention because he can be the next Gabe

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Based on what Pitino is saying about emphasizing the three point shot in this year's offense, I have to go with Gabe. I do think our scoring will run a lot deeper this year sans that two departed stars. I think you could see 8-9 guys all over 5-6 points per game. Last year we dropped to 4 ppg after the starting 5.

Based on what Pitino is saying about emphasizing the three point shot in this year's offense, I have to go with Gabe. I do think our scoring will run a lot deeper this year sans that two departed stars. I think you could see 8-9 guys all over 5-6 points per game. Last year we dropped to 4 ppg after the starting 5.

ANd I think we'll be better for it if we can get actual bench production

Kalscheur occurred to me with Pitino's recent remarks about emphasizing 3 point shooting, but unless he's hot all season long, I would imagine someone who can get close to the basket will more consistently score a lot of points. If Gabe can be a threat to drive to the hoop, and score layups, he could be tough to handle on offense, but if he's not getting hot from outside, I just don't see him as the sort of player who will be filling up the basket.

Having a center be the leading scorer seems weird and unlikely, maybe because it feels like we haven't had a really strong offensive center in awhile, but Oturu was third in scoring behind Coffey and Murphy last year despite being fifth in minutes played, and he could become a bigger offensive focus with Murphy gone, especially if he can foul less and be able to stay on the floor longer.

After writing that, maybe I should have gone with Oturu, but I said Carr as I imagine he will have the ball in his hands the most, being the starting point guard and I get the impression that he will be one of the more complete players on the team.

I thought gabe too but for the same reason as you (the new emphasis on the 3 and our supposedly better shooters) I think it's going to really open up the middle for Oturu so I went with him as he might get a lot of easy buckets if the D is super spread out covering all our 3 point shooters.

I thought gabe too but for the same reason as you (the new emphasis on the 3 and our supposedly better shooters) I think it's going to really open up the middle for Oturu so I went with him as he might get a lot of easy buckets if the D is super spread out covering all our 3 point shooters.

No doubt- that's a possible outcome! I think Oturu is going to have a fantastic year.

If we have four shooters on the court at all times, they'll be splitting up the 3 pointers, with Oturu scoring most of the down-low buckets. I went with Oturu to lead the team.

I voted Carr, sounds like he is a good 3 point shooter.

No doubt- that's a possible outcome! I think Oturu is going to have a fantastic year.

I really hope so! It will only open up more room for our shooters if he is a force down low.

Yesterday at the first Italian game we saw a return to the pure 3 guard offense of Pitino's earliest years here. His quantitative depth is in the front line but that doesn't appear to be quality depth yet, especially if Curry can't get truly healthy for awhile.

I would say Gabe because he likely will play the most minutes and will need to assert himself more often like he did at the end of the last season.

Daniel will play as much as he can but he's fairly foul prone (4.6 per 40 minutes last year - not as bad as Reggie Lynch or Bakary but enough to limit minutes played) so I don't see him as the leading scorer.

If Willis' play in yesterday's game is a fair approximation of what he can approach in the regular season, he should be a double figure scorer. I hope that Carr is better than what he showed yesterday but he should be a double figure scorer if for no other reason than the number of shots he may take. I really don't know what to think of Demir yet.

My money would be on Gabe. Tough to imagine it being a center, even though i think Oturu will be real good this year.

Tre Williams is looking like a dark-horse after leading the team in scoring at 2/3 games in Italy. Of course, these were blowouts and Gabe and the starters weren't needed for defense.

Ihnen racked up 19 with some extended run as well.

Top Bottom