Fleck: ‘I haven’t been this excited … in a very long time’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Fleck shed some light on how he feels the Gophers will be this fall.

"I haven’t been this excited for a training camp in a very long time because I love coaching this group of guys,” he said.

Gophers senior defensive end Carter Coughlin is more outwardly bullish on the team.

“If we keep building upon what we did last year against Wisconsin and how we finished really strong as an entire team offense and defense, we should be really, really good this year,” he said.

https://www.perhamfocus.com/sports/...en’t-been-this-excited-…-in-a-very-long-time’

Go Gophers!!

PJ seems excited all the time.

I'm a bit concerned if he is even more excited.

Has anyone checked his blood pressure lately?

If we can avoid the crippling injuries at key places on the field, the potential for this team is as high as it has been in a long time.

I'm trying to be excited, but I'm German, Norwegian, and a MN sports fan........:( (and don't try to hug me)

I'm trying to be excited, but I'm German, Norwegian, and a MN sports fan........:( (and don't try to hug me)

Yep, our natural instinct is to assume something bad is going to happen. Unfortunately it usually does across most of our teams in the state. But we have to buck the trend eventually right?

Pretty upsetting guys on the team would say stuff like this. They’re setting up too high expectations

PJ seems excited all the time.

I'm a bit concerned if he is even more excited.

Has anyone checked his blood pressure lately?

Actually PJF was severely managing expectations the past two preseasons and openly said that when he feels a breakthrough is nigh that we would all know. Here we are?

Can't wait for the road grader running game, the precision passing to All American Tyler Johnson, The spectacular defense of Antoine Winfield and Carter Coughlin.

Actually PJF was severely managing expectations the past two preseasons and openly said that when he feels a breakthrough is nigh that we would all know. Here we are?

Yeah I feel his messaging has been pretty clear.

Pretty upsetting guys on the team would say stuff like this. They’re setting up too high expectations

They want PJ to fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, our natural instinct is to assume something bad is going to happen. Unfortunately it usually does across most of our teams in the state. But we have to buck the trend eventually right?

It's funny you say that, I believe the Twins were up today 4-1 in the ninth inning against the worst team in baseball.

Your timing for your message was perfect!

It's funny you say that, I believe the Twins were up today 4-1 in the ninth inning against the worst team in baseball.

The Twins didn't play Detroit today.

Yes, they lost today... and I'm pretty sure the Twins are going to lose a few more games this season; I certainly hope us Minnesotans can withstand the bitter disappointment that is sure to come with each of those losses.

Last edited:

You can tell P.J. Fleck isn't really 'one of us': he keeps on saying really optimistic, enthusiastic things that just don't fit the Minnesotan outlook on life.

Yes, they lost today... and I'm pretty sure the Twins are going to lose a few more games this season; I certainly hope us Minnesotans can withstand the bitter disappointment that is sure to come with each of those losses.

I hope they aren't all 4-1 leads in the ninth!

Detroit would beat the Marlins in best of 7

The Tigers are 7.5 games back of a bad Marlins team and have a run differential more than 100 runs worse. The Marlins are 3-0 against the Tigers this season with all 3 games taking place in Detroit. You are wrong.

Last edited:

The Tigers are 7.5 games back of a bad Marlins team and have a run differential more than 100 runs worse. The Marlins are 3-0 against the Tigers this season with all 3 games taking place in Detroit. You are wrong.

Second worst then........I mean, my gawd!

Heather may take offense at that headline.

I was going to mention I said something similar to my wife last night but thought the news might be too low brow for this site. The ellipsis regarding camp really changes the tone of the statement...

I was going to mention I said something similar to my wife last night but thought the news might be too low brow for this site. The ellipsis regarding camp really changes the tone of the statement...

I don't think you could get any brows low enough for that to be the case on GH...

Top Bottom