Pitino summer blog post

lol was literally just about to post this same thread so thank you, good read and updates. I am excited to watch this team play, i'm hoping for a poor man's Golden State with all the shooting, if we're lucky.

These three were good to see:

Payton Willis - Has been so solid across the board this summer. Multi-positional. Can really shoot! Lives in the gym. Love his work ethic.

Tre' Williams - Very impressive summer so far. Makes tough shots! Can't believe how underrated he was in high school. Plays with great confidence. Good size and skill.

Marcus Carr - Tough! Has terrific leadership qualities for a sophomore. Should be a major factor on our roster this year. Doesn't care where he plays. Just wants to win!

I was hoping to see more positivity on Omersa.

Go Gophers!!

Payton Willis - Has been so solid across the board this summer. Multi-positional. Can really shoot! Lives in the gym. Love his work ethic.

Tre' Williams - Very impressive summer so far. Makes tough shots! Can't believe how underrated he was in high school. Plays with great confidence. Good size and skill.

Marcus Carr - Tough! Has terrific leadership qualities for a sophomore. Should be a major factor on our roster this year. Doesn't care where he plays. Just wants to win!

Go Gophers!!

I'm not expecting much from Omersa this year. Hoping he will be a major contributor before he leaves here though. Will be interesting to see who starts at the 3. Hoping Tre Williams comes in day 1 and makes a similar impact as Gabe did last year.

I'm not expecting much from Omersa this year. Hoping he will be a major contributor before he leaves here though. Will be interesting to see who starts at the 3. Hoping Tre Williams comes in day 1 and makes a similar impact as Gabe did last year.

I think/hope we are going to see a team that works better as a unit using 8-9 guys situationally all year. I still think we get 15 minutes from Omersa for defense, toughness and rebounding. Sounds like Pitino is happy with Demir.

I'm looking to see a 4 out - one in, motion offense with crisp ball movement and good looks from the perimeter. I envision us looking similar to a Beilien coached Michigan team.

Gotta love Pitino....

“As I said before, we are making some big changes to the offense. Feel free to tweet me your thoughts during the season. Especially after losses!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Agree, the Omersa comment is disappointing. Makes it sound he's not putting in the gym time required to reach his potential.

Agree, the Omersa comment is disappointing. Makes it sound he's not putting in the gym time required to reach his potential.

Possibly, or maybe he is and just needs more time. I don't think one offseason is enough time for him to become a good scorer.

I'm looking to see a 4 out - one in, motion offense with crisp ball movement and good looks from the perimeter. I envision us looking similar to a Beilien coached Michigan team.

Love the 4 out for this roster.

"If we want to take the next step as a program we need to be more consistent. We had a solid year last season. We have to follow it up with an even better one. No excuses about having a bunch of new guys. If we stay healthy we can be right there!

I echo many of the other noted concerns and insights but maybe the biggest mindset change I saw was the coach raising the bar!

How about the schedule comment about adding one more high major home game?! That's sweet

How about the schedule comment about adding one more high major home game?! That's sweet
Probably be for the four game invitational. Like what we did with Arkansas three years ago

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've been saying it all summer, but I think Willis is going to have a big impact on the team next year. Also, I love the comments on Tre. If he has Nate Mason freshman level confidence, I'll be super happy. Not surprised at all about Carr. He'll be the leading scorer on the team next year, followed closely by Oturu.

Not at all saying it's the same thing, but it was in Pitino's blogs around this time last year where he started to chide Isaiah Washington a bit. Lets hope Jarvis' Sophomore year doesn't mirror Isaiah's.

Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom