Miles Fleming Commits to Gophers!

Claeys and Kill are two entirely different human beings. Claeys signed one recruiting class as a head coach. That's why it's a data point of one.

And you have zero idea where the 2017 class would've ended up had Claeys remained as head coach.

Agreed. Look at who was in that 2016 class. Leaders on the 2019 team. Likely 4 draft picks.

You think that’s what happened? IIRC, virtually every non-MN kid who was committed “walked away”.

Also, to do it right, you need to give all 2016 credit to CC45, not Kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give all credit to the instate class being great that year. The top 6, and 7 of the top 8 kids were from MN. Obviously that was why the class was ranked high, Kill never got a 4 star from out of state according to 247.

Claeys and Kill are two entirely different human beings. Claeys signed one recruiting class as a head coach. That's why it's a data point of one.

And you have zero idea where the 2017 class would've ended up had Claeys remained as head coach.

Actually he didn't sign any classes that he put together without another coach.

When I pointed out that supporters immediately leap to the defense of every coach, not just Fleck, the instant there is the slightest whiff of criticism, I couldn't possibly be right, right?

When I pointed out that supporters immediately leap to the defense of every coach, not just Fleck, the instant there is the slightest whiff of criticism, I couldn't possibly be right, right?

No way, they are much different than people who defend Fleck.

Wait, we are attributing the 2016 class to Claeys alone?

No one knows what would have happened had he stayed. But recruiting wasn’t going well. Particularly at the QB spot.

So Miles Fleming, always nice to see a fast DB commit! It would be nice if we got stability at DB coach to help develop some of these guys

May recruits never find the Hole.

*Miles Fleming gets on computer* “I wonder if my new team has a fan message board? Be curious what they’re thinking for the upcoming season. Probably a lot of excitement and football talk!”

*Googles ‘Minnesota fan message board’* “Hey look at that! ‘The GopherHole’, cool! Let’s check it out! Oh nice, they even have a thread talking about my commitment! That’s great, let me see that!”

*Reads thread* “.........................”

*Phone rings, Fleck answers* “Miles!! Buddy, what’s goin on?? You got your oars in the water? You rowing that boat up to Minny?? You’re an elite Nekton, I bet your back is just rippling as you pull those oats baby!! Am I right??”
“Uh .... yeah, yeah ..... Anyway, say coach .... I’m really sorry, but .... uh, something ... has come up...”

Do the Kill/Claeys supporters deny it as well?

No way, they are much different than people who defend Fleck.

Correct. Much more rational and typically require actual slights not just a *hint* of what could possibly be one, maybe.

Just recently I saw a PJ supporter offended that Chip wrote an article about how fans should have high expectations this year. Seriously, I did.

Top Bottom