Big Ten Football: Ranking 2019 Uniforms (8. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

ThomasBarber_2018_gophersports.jpg

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-ranking-2019-uniforms#8

Go Gophers!!

To save you a click:
14 Rutgers
13 Northwestern
12 Indiana
11 Maryland
10 Illinois
9 Purdue
8 Minnesota
7 Wisconsin
6 Michigan St
5 Iowa
4 Nebraska
3 Penn St
2 Ohio St
1 Michigan

Personally if I were to rank the Big Ten, mine would be:
14 Maryland. Not a fan of the flag being used on the helmet. Maybe save it for the shoulders, but switch to a helmet with the Terps mascot logo
13 Rutgers. They have a knight as a mascot, put the knight, or at least knight helmet on the football helmet like Michigan St or USC. Would be a big improvement
12 Wisconsin. Kinda boring, but biased of course
11 Nebraska. Same as Wisconsin, but the tradition carries them ahead
10 Indiana. Hoosiers come out in front of other reds because I like the crimson shade, plus the interlocked IU logo works
9 Ohio St. Scarlet and grey gives more of an identity than just red and white, but never have been a fan of the stickers
8 Illinois. Real big fan of the updated uniforms introduced recently. The uniforms before just had too much trim, the new ones are straightforward and boldy present the school colors
7 Penn St. Basically like the red teams of the Big Ten, but blue. That said, the dark blue looks really good and the helmets don't need a logo to have an identity
6 Michigan St. The dark green looks solid and the Spartan Helmet logo give an appearance of toughness
5 Northwestern. Not a fan of every single combo, but a few of them work really well. When they combine the black and purple, they look pretty mean.
4 Iowa. Not a fan of the Hawkeyes, but they wear the Steelers' uniforms, and the Steelers have a good look.
3 Michigan. The blue is just dark enough and the maize is just light enough to have a really good combo. They look really nice on a Saturday afternoon
2 Purdue. Not always a fan of the railroad trim, but overall it's hard to mess up black and gold. When it's just the black and gold standard uniforms, they look great.
1 Minnesota. Nothing better than the good old maroon and gold. The image shown above looks pretty intimidating. I have to say the best look from the new uniforms for me was the full maroon with the chrome gold helmets vs Iowa.

I still think the 2012-2017 was the best look though:

To save you a click:
14 Rutgers
13 Northwestern
12 Indiana
11 Maryland
10 Illinois
9 Purdue
8 Minnesota
7 Wisconsin
6 Michigan St
5 Iowa
4 Nebraska
3 Penn St
2 Ohio St
1 Michigan

Personally if I were to rank the Big Ten, mine would be:
14 Maryland. Not a fan of the flag being used on the helmet. Maybe save it for the shoulders, but switch to a helmet with the Terps mascot logo
13 Rutgers. They have a knight as a mascot, put the knight, or at least knight helmet on the football helmet like Michigan St or USC. Would be a big improvement
12 Wisconsin. Kinda boring, but biased of course
11 Nebraska. Same as Wisconsin, but the tradition carries them ahead
10 Indiana. Hoosiers come out in front of other reds because I like the crimson shade, plus the interlocked IU logo works
9 Ohio St. Scarlet and grey gives more of an identity than just red and white, but never have been a fan of the stickers
8 Illinois. Real big fan of the updated uniforms introduced recently. The uniforms before just had too much trim, the new ones are straightforward and boldy present the school colors
7 Penn St. Basically like the red teams of the Big Ten, but blue. That said, the dark blue looks really good and the helmets don't need a logo to have an identity
6 Michigan St. The dark green looks solid and the Spartan Helmet logo give an appearance of toughness
5 Northwestern. Not a fan of every single combo, but a few of them work really well. When they combine the black and purple, they look pretty mean.
4 Iowa. Not a fan of the Hawkeyes, but they wear the Steelers' uniforms, and the Steelers have a good look.
3 Michigan. The blue is just dark enough and the maize is just light enough to have a really good combo. They look really nice on a Saturday afternoon
2 Purdue. Not always a fan of the railroad trim, but overall it's hard to mess up black and gold. When it's just the black and gold standard uniforms, they look great.
1 Minnesota. Nothing better than the good old maroon and gold. The image shown above looks pretty intimidating. I have to say the best look from the new uniforms for me was the full maroon with the chrome gold helmets vs Iowa.

I still think the 2012-2017 was the best look though:

I love those solid maroon uniforms.

Top Bottom