Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default BarnBurner's list of young coaches who could achieve faster than legends.

Since our 2020 recruiting thread has been gummed up lately with this subject I thought it appropriate to make a thread just for the topic.

Now keep the anti-Pitino talk out of the recruiting threads please!!!!!

By the way, Shocker Richard is not as good as all-time great coaches like Wooden, Knight or even Brad Stevens. There's a reason those guys are revered. How does he compare to his old man?

Thank you for doing this. I played a role in hijacking that thread. My apologies, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Since our 2020 recruiting thread has been gummed up lately with this subject I thought it appropriate to make a thread just for the topic.

Now keep the anti-Pitino talk out of the recruiting threads please!!!!!

By the way, Shocker Richard is not as good as all-time great coaches like Wooden, Knight or even Brad Stevens. There's a reason those guys are revered. How does he compare to his old man?
    Good idea, but Pitino gets attacked in so many threads by the same handful of posters that it is hard not to respond. I have been guilty of many responses that go off topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Good idea, but Pitino gets attacked in so many threads by the same handful of posters that it is hard not to respond. I have been guilty of many responses that go off topic.

They are not all attacks. Posts that deal in facts of record or lack of accomplishments, or poor efficiency and seasons of mediocre defense are observations based on evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    They are not all attacks. Posts that deal in facts of record or lack of accomplishments, or poor efficiency and seasons of mediocre defense are observations based on evidence.
    Builtbadgers’s, it is very very clear you do not think rp is a good coach.
    You state it over and over and over while at the same time reminding gopherhole
    Of your generosity to Mn bb.

I have challenged you many times to name those badgerbuilt approved young coaches that
    Are really going to be home run hires.

No names to this point.

Lay it out built.

Sorry Barn Burner, This should have said BuiltBadgers list...…...

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Sorry Barn Burner, This should have said BuiltBadgers list...…...
    Not to worry Otis.

Built doesnt like the word "list".

So now we go with names. Multiple names.

thanks Otis. he’s not young, but I like Jay Pivec and would like to see what he could do at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    But there are more facts that you are not taking into consideration. Having serious injuries to key players that make them start a walk on at PG typically impacts your conference record. Of course it falls back to the errors in recruiting that created such a thin roster. But even in those very bad seasons that you repeatedly hold as the examples of being a poor coach, there was some examples of excellent coaching. Us Pitino backers are not just full of promise and false hope. We have seen many examples of good player development, good game planning, good coaching, good recruiting, learning from mistakes, etc... Pitino has grown and is a much better overall head coach than he was when he first arrived at the U. If he can just get a couple more of the local “stars” to build the program, it will accelerate his jump up to the top of the B1G. There is no doubt in my mind that Pitino will be eventually be in the B1G conference mix every year.

Re reading builts post. He said he never said there was a list.

Then built turns around and says any good AD has a list handy at all times.

Built.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbert View Post
    thanks Otis. he’s not young, but I like Jay Pivec and would like to see what he could do at that level.
    For a Big Ten head coaching job, you want to hire a guy who retired a year ago from his position as a Division III assistant? K.

But there are more facts that you are not taking into consideration. Having serious injuries to key players that make them start a walk on at PG typically impacts your conference record. Of course it falls back to the errors in recruiting that created such a thin roster. But even in those very bad seasons that you repeatedly hold as the examples of being a poor coach, there was some examples of excellent coaching. Us Pitino backers are not just full of promise and false hope. We have seen many examples of good player development, good game planning, good coaching, good recruiting, learning from mistakes, etc... Pitino has grown and is a much better overall head coach than he was when he first arrived at the U. If he can just get a couple more of the local “stars” to build the program, it will accelerate his jump up to the top of the B1G. There is no doubt in my mind that Pitino will be eventually be in the B1G conference mix every year.

Preach. This is 100% correct.

I support Pitino. Because I've already articulated the reasons for my support several times, I'll spare all of you. (Unless anyone wants to hear it again.)

Just a difference of opinion, no big deal. Does that include Big 10 titles ? How long will you wait ?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Re reading builts post. He said he never said there was a list.

Then built turns around and says any good AD has a list handy at all times.

Built.
    Not a AD BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is how you go about the hire. We have hired very poorly for 50 years. Terrible AD's until now. Coyle had a awesome approach to hiring Fleck. I spoke to a list AD's have not my own. Butler did it, WSU did it UVA did it. Are you thinking that Pitino is a top 5 coach in his conference. It is fine by me if you think so. I am not hurling insults or digs at people with different opinions. My past involvement in this business has been strictly what do you win. Even scouting now either advance or prospect it is about specific, time proven intangibles. In a business of my own we recognized the best young lawyers by talent and fit and then it was easy to see where the best results came from. I never said he was a poor coach but there is not any indication of greatness and that is the only thing i shot for. Just my opinion.

Names built. Your personal favorites that will be the next Boeheim. Thompson.

Tell us the specifics about coyles approach