Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Nearing 80. Never said it was sage advice. I have missed evaluations, never claimed to be some superior poster. There is no such thing as a recruiting expert. Several advanced reports on former UW players, several more that i thought were reaches and the took them anyway. But from the players side i do know what they are looking for because it is the first question they asked. I have never been asked by any staff here for any evaluations and i am pretty sure they felt they had that covered. For the most part i think the talent brought in has been pretty damn good, that is not the largest issue. These are my opinions. I gave the opinion that i thought given all that Hoffarber was looking for, given his other offers that this was his best fit. The boards are for different opinions, nothing else. If you prefer meeting me for coffee, if your near my age you have the time, i would be more than happy to show you the credentials, the form for evaluations, the family questionaire the pay stubs. You bring some evidence that you know why players pick schools. There should be a few examples you can provide. I am going off a data base on what attracts players to coaches, schools and programs. Every kid is different, some kids actually want academics, some want location, some want a storied brand, nearly all believe that the coach they commit too is someone who has a vision that appeals to the player. I could and have written about all the virtues the U offers. I am just not of the mind that this is the best public University in the country or that it has one of the best coaches. I have praised this staff, especially now for things they have done well. Remember, i am offering my opinion on what i see. I am very comfortable if someone is seeing it differently than i do. That is their right as a fan to pick exactly what they think is great, good, mediocre or poor. Only one thing unites all fans, winning it all. Hell even a final 4 will leave someone disgruntled. I am not asking for that. Iam asking for a identity, the thing a program is known for. Offense, shooting, fundamentals, defense . Anyone of those that you can hang your hat on everyday. Then to contend for a conference title, even win one. Those are my expectations for this program and i have a opinion on how i think it should be done. Along with that i am still cheering for that to happen now. I have never once posted that i am done, fire Pitino etc. Perhaps it is best to agree on the one thing we can, that both of us want the Gophers to win. How we go about that is simply different.
    I am happy to meet for a cup of coffee as my schedule is flexible these days (assuming you are here in the twin cities). No need to prove anything or bring anything. If we haven't both learned something by the end of it I will be disappointed.

You have a few years on me. Good Lord willing I get to near 80 - I will wear that title like a badge of honor. I am closer to the age of your retirement (although my kids still call me "old timer").

Built has said this year Mn wins or he is done supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Built has said this year Mn wins or he is done supporting them.
    Said i will cut back the gifting level . Winning is relative. Winning record ? That is not enough. Contend for the Big 10 , Not finishing miles behind UW.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTMidnight View Post
    I am happy to meet for a cup of coffee as my schedule is flexible these days (assuming you are here in the twin cities). No need to prove anything or bring anything. If we haven't both learned something by the end of it I will be disappointed.

You have a few years on me. Good Lord willing I get to near 80 - I will wear that title like a badge of honor. I am closer to the age of your retirement (although my kids still call me "old timer").
    Will be back in the state for one more cabin run and will post to you in advance of that. Look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Said i will cut back the gifting level . Winning is relative. Winning record ? That is not enough. Contend for the Big 10 , Not finishing miles behind UW.
    Once again your tune changed.