Shooter: Jerry Kill’s deal as AD at Southern Illinois is worth $210,000 annually

jerry kill = grumpy old man

I'm sorry, but have lost all respect for that guy.

Jerry Kill=the guy who finally broke some long standing traditions of apathy by the administration for the football program.

I am thankful for that and have a ton of respect for him. He has plenty of cash.

There would be no PJ Fleck at Minnesota if there was no Jerry Kill before him.

As simple as that.

Jerry Kill=the guy who finally broke some long standing traditions of apathy by the administration for the football program.

I am thankful for that and have a ton of respect for him. He has plenty of cash.

Yep...I realize that...but still a 'NO' for me. I'm sorry man.

I appreciate Jerry for what he did. Took the job and made us respectable when no one else wanted the job.
Good football coach who is a little too petty about things, but good coach. We were better after Jerry's time spent here.

I appreciate Jerry for what he did. Took the job and made us respectable when no one else wanted the job.
Good football coach who is a little too petty about things, but good coach. We were better after Jerry's time spent here.

I like these facts. He was a good coach and happy that he is doing well. Hopefully he and Fleck will come together at some point.

I like these facts. He was a good coach and happy that he is doing well. Hopefully he and Fleck will come together at some point.

Yep I agree. He elevated things when they were about as bad as it could be. He is bitter right now about what he perceives as some people unfairly treating his long time friends and colleagues. I think a lot of it is misplaced, but he is a passionate guy and has trouble dialing it back.

Kill is football. He couldn't recruit worth a ****, but was a hell of a coach, and got the most out of his players. I am glad he was part of this team's history. He's been petty as **** though, after Claeys got sent out the door.

Jerry Kill(ed) his legacy by not keeping his mouth shut.

Kill is football. <b>He couldn't recruit worth a ****</b>, but was a hell of a coach, and got the most out of his players. I am glad he was part of this team's history. He's been petty as **** though, after Claeys got sent out the door.

Okey Dokey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kill is football. He couldn't recruit worth a ****, but was a hell of a coach, and got the most out of his players. I am glad he was part of this team's history. He's been petty as **** though, after Claeys got sent out the door.

He couldn't recruit worth a sh1t, eh? How many Gophers did Kill put into the NFL in 4 full years as the head coach?

Brought in Coughlin, Barber, Martin, Winfield, Brooks, Smith, Campbell, Wilson, BBC, Murray, Maxx and a few others who got NFL paychecks. He built a wall around the state and made kids want to stay home

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Brought in Coughlin, Barber, Martin, Winfield, Brooks, Smith, Campbell, Wilson, BBC, Murray, Maxx and a few others who got NFL paychecks. He built a wall around the state and made kids want to stay home

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

skauma boxed.

dbag.jpg

ol' jer is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood. while the days of roaming the sidelines may be over, there is no doubt in my mind he is using his role as ad to help turn boys into men. football has always been his vehicle in doing so.

Kill left the program in better shape than it was when he got here. It would have been much better for everyone though if he hadn't chosen to burn bridges after he left. All told, he was a good hire at the time.

Jerry Kill(ed) his legacy by not keeping his mouth shut.

Let's see, who would I rather be (or be friends with): a guy that keeps his mouth shut to protect his 'legacy' at a humdrum football program, or a guy that tells folks what he thinks when he feels they've treated his friends unfairly?

Let's see, who would I rather be (or be friends with): a guy that keeps his mouth shut to protect his 'legacy' at a humdrum football program, or a guy that tells folks what he thinks when he feels they've treated his friends unfairly?

You mean a guy who publicly talks crap about people he hasn't known for a while and takes offense at things that have nothing to do with him.

You mean a guy who publicly talks crap about people he hasn't known for a while and takes offense at things that have nothing to do with him.

Well, I mean look at what you just wrote. Honestly, for me I love when coaches and players say what’s on their mind (within some relatively wide cultural norms of course). Maybe it’s just me but coaches have become so...milquetoast and by the numbers. Maybe that’s good, maybe bad but with the advent of social media and everyone “gettin’ upset” about perceived insult or insert XYZ-ism we’ve lost some “realness” and ability to disagree. Kill shouldn’t talk about someone else’s divorce in public but that’s really the only major faux pas. I’m disappointed he didn’t issue an apology.

Pompous Elitist beat me to it, but the irony of this post might just be record setting.

As others have pointed out, Kill and his staff could recruit and were good at finding the under recruited players. They struggled to get players that had other power 5 options and they had a hard time recruiting the QB and WR positions specifically.

Well, I mean look at what you just wrote. Honestly, for me I love when coaches and players say what’s on their mind (within some relatively wide cultural norms of course). Maybe it’s just me but coaches have become so...milquetoast and by the numbers. Maybe that’s good, maybe bad but with the advent of social media and everyone “gettin’ upset” about perceived insult or insert XYZ-ism we’ve lost some “realness” and ability to disagree. Kill shouldn’t talk about someone else’s divorce in public but that’s really the only major faux pas. I’m disappointed he didn’t issue an apology.

Agree...like this, for example...

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2016...all-tracy-claeys-prediction-wins-big-ten-west

How quickly we forget the beautiful facilities Kill had to recruit with.

How quickly we forget the beautiful facilities Kill had to recruit with.

Was it Jerry or TC who told the story about recruiting and while talking to croots in the indoor practice facility....it started to rain on him.... indoors.

Top Bottom