Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    His thoughts. Please. That was obstruction. So were the other 9 instances Mueller laid out. All of them certainly more blatant than lying about a blow job.

The 35% who worship him don't care. We know. But many others do.
    He has a better approval rating than Obama at the same stage....

Actually Weissman and Zebly (Hillary's atty) wrote the 10 instances. Not Mueller. You can no longer hide behind him. The ten hypothetical accusations were written by Dem hacks that think like you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    This Democrat impeachment internal fight has the potential to really undermine the Democrats prospects for President and the House in 2020.

After the disastrous Mueller hearing, several more congressmen/women have moved over to the ‘impeach’ column, making it about a 40/60 percent split. Really dumb.

Pelosi knows it is certain electoral self-destruction for the Dems if the House proceeds to impeach Trump, so she’s walking the line of keeping impeachment in the discussion only as a way of disparaging Trump going into the election.

The problem is that the public doesn’t generally look at impeachment as a thing Trump has brought on as much as it is the Democrats have b/c of their Trump hatred. You shouldn’t try to impeach a President b/c you don’t like him and he openly and adamantly defended himself.

It may help those Dem Congressional reps in the solid blue districts, but it is going to cost the moderate districts votes and seats. How many may depend on how aggressively the House Dems pursue impeachment investigations while ignoring public sentiment.

And, Dem presidential candidates aren’t helping themselves in a general election if they keep suggesting that they support impeachment.
    That's not why they're doing it. They will need to be careful in how they conduct it if they proceed, but you're just repeating RW wet dream talking points. It will depend on what is found and how they proceed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post

Actually Weissman and Zebly (Hillary's atty) wrote the 10 instances. Not Mueller.
    You can no longer hide behind him. The ten hypothetical accusations were written by Dem hacks that think like you.
    You're truly delusional. None of this insanity originates with Q-Anon though, right? Just your team of researchers.

Trump did adamantly defend himself: he broke the law.

Of course we do. McGahn testified to Mueller and it's right in the report. Which you didn't read.
    Like I said, we’ve learned not to accept the left’s (and by that, I mean the Mueller team) characterization of events b/c it turns out to be utterly biased.

That's not why they're doing it. They will need to be careful in how they conduct it if they proceed, but you're just repeating RW wet dream talking points. It will depend on what is found and how they proceed.
    You do know that the Founding Fathers didn’t want the political opposition to just be able to investigate Presidents without a crime have been committed. These are investigations in search of a crime.

These d-bags continue to ruin themselves by wasting their time investigating instead of solving the nation’s problems.

He won't be removed. The House impeaching him is the right thing to do for history's sake, but not if it means him being re-elected. That being said, I think the Dems are being cowards and miscalculating the risk. Trump's base will have steam coming out of their ears, but their vote still only counts once. Who cares if it "riles them up?" They're going to vote anyway.

The question is whether it will turn off moderates. There's no way to know. As long as they don't make it about personal matters (Stormy Daniels) and keep it on obstruction and his corrupt financial dealings, I don't think it will be a Clinton repeat. But they need to decide one way or the other and get on with it. If it drags to close to the election it will look bad.

Also, there is risk on the other side. If they do nothing, how many Dems will stay home/write in Bernie out of spite?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    +1
    You agree with howie A LOT. That’s not good b/c he’s usually wrong.

These d-bags continue to ruin themselves by wasting their time investigating instead of solving the nation’s problems.
    They're pot-committed. No way they can bail out now. Just plain stupid. If they would have dumped this farce 12-15 months ago and chosen a different tact, they could probably be in strong contention for the WH next November.

They could have admitted they were wrong, moved forward, and a huge portion of their base would have lauded them for their judgment and been way better off for it. It's like the one of the oldest mistakes in the history of man; when you get caught in a lie, admit it, and move on. When you repeatedly keep doubling down and doubling down and doubling down, it just never ends up well.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Maybe you should try to pick apart his thoughtful post, instead of attacking my two-character post.

Blog Entries

You do know that the Founding Fathers didn’t want the political opposition to just be able to investigate Presidents without a crime have been committed. These are investigations in search of a crime.

You're right. But Trump did commit a crime. Mueller laid it out clearly. It's up to Congress to decide if it rises to the level of impeachment or not. I think they should do their job. If they vote it down, fine. Let's have the hearings, hear from all the witnesses, see the relevant evidence and then they can take their vote.

Blog Entries

Like I said, we’ve learned not to accept the left’s (and by that, I mean the Mueller team) characterization of events b/c it turns out to be utterly biased.
    Bill Barr's spin of the report is what is shameful and biased. And you lap that up and call Mueller "leftist" with no evidence.

Blog Entries

Rational people who don't marinate in right wing media all day tend to see things differently from Dear Leader's 35%. You don't live in that world.

Bill Barr's spin of the report is what is shameful and biased. And you lap that up and call Mueller "leftist" with no evidence.
    If you’d look back at my posts, you’d see that I placed trust that Mueller would attempt to be fair, primarily b/c of his reputation. As it evolved, it appeared as though he didn’t deserve that trust. The reason became apparent on Wednesday.

I’ve never accused Mueller of being a “leftist”. But you continue to make stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post

Actually Weissman and Zebly (Hillary's atty) wrote the 10 instances. Not Mueller. You can no longer hide behind him. The ten hypothetical accusations were written by Dem hacks that think like you.