Leistikow: Predicting every Big Ten team's 2019 record (Minnesota: 8-4, 6-3)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Leistikow:

T-2. Minnesota
Crossovers: Rutgers (road), Maryland (home), Indiana (home)

Why tied for No. 2?
The Gophers have the friendliest schedule of any team in the West, and it’s easy to overlook that this team is filled with skill-position talent. P.J. Fleck may have the best receiving tandem in the conference in Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman, and the Gophers are stacked at running back with 1,000-yard rusher Mohamed Ibrahim plus veterans Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks (both coming off injuries). Nine wins and the Gophers’ first Big Ten West title are well within reach.

Potential issues
The roster is still young, and that means inconsistency, which surfaced in last year's embarrassing blowout loss at Illinois a year ago. The defense finished strong in 2018 after a coordinator change. It remains to be seen how much of a bounce the Gophers can get from beating Wisconsin for the first time 2003.

Leistikow’s 2019 record prediction
8-4, 6-3

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...eyes-iowa-football-chad-leistikow/1803038001/

Go Gophers!!

He's got the wrong teams.
We don't play Indiana.

He's got the wrong teams.
We don't play Indiana.

It's amazing. I was taught in 7th grade language arts to proofread essays before handing them in. What professional journalist doesn't do the same thing?

He may be inaccurate, but I can't fault the sentiment. I'd take 8-4, 6-3.

JTG

We aren't dropping a noncon game. toughest of them lost 80% of their production and offensive coordinator from last year

Top Bottom