Mixup at Walmart leaves toddler with a ‘Happy Birthday Loser’ cake

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily News:

This mistake takes the cake.

A Missouri mom who ordered a cake from Walmart on her 2-year-old’s birthday was shocked to find the words “Happy Birthday Loser” on it.

Melin Jones, 27, wrote on Facebook that she had asked for the words “Happy birthday, Lizard” — “lizard” being her daughter, Elizabeth’s nickname. Elizabeth Jones goes by the nickname Liz and her family calls her “Lizard.”

Jones said she was in a hurry and it wasn’t until she was unloading her car that she noticed the unfortunate mistake sprawled in red icing.

QLTGBYQCWJF7JPND5PM2ZGQDW4.jpg

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0190723-md45hwojk5cbvcjlh26mmb3aea-story.html

Go Gophers!!

The biggest mistake was made by the family nicknaming her “lizard”. I’m sure she’ll appreciate it as she goes through her school age years.

The biggest mistake was made by the family nicknaming her “lizard”. I’m sure she’ll appreciate it as she goes through her school age years.

That was also my first thought. Middle school would be tough with a nick name like that...

Life is hard. It's good this young lady learns that early. Better to have a cake that says you're a loser than to have a trophy for finishing in last place.

At the very least, the family should be getting a free cake from Wal-Mart.

And, it leads to a question - whoever put that inscription on the cake must be a complete idiot. Before you put 'loser' on the cake - wouldn't you try to verify that it was correct?

Jones said she was in a hurry and it wasn’t until she was unloading her car that she noticed the unfortunate mistake sprawled in red icing.

It takes a long time to read the word loser apparently.

And, it leads to a question - whoever put that inscription on the cake must be a complete idiot. Before you put 'loser' on the cake - wouldn't you try to verify that it was correct?
If howie got a birthday cake for Section2 or vice versa, that’s exactly what the cake would say.

If the order was put in over the phone it's a little understandable. Lizard is close to loser, combine that with the order may have been written instead of typed into a computer and you have easy potential for mistakes. Or if it was a computer program it could have always auto corrected lizard to loser. I've never baked cakes for a living but I've seen cakes with some pretty weird stuff written on them. I'm sure whoever does the frosting probably just writes whatever the order says and doesn't even think about it. I'm sure the family was able to get their cake paid for or gotten a free one but really when you order something like that you should verify what it says before you leave the store with it. At least that's what common sense tells me.

Walmart does not make mistakes in cake orders. This one is obviously accurate.

per the Daily News:

This mistake takes the cake.

A Missouri mom who ordered a cake from Walmart on her 2-year-old’s birthday was shocked to find the words “Happy Birthday Loser” on it.

Melin Jones, 27, wrote on Facebook that she had asked for the words “Happy birthday, Lizard” — “lizard” being her daughter, Elizabeth’s nickname. Elizabeth Jones goes by the nickname Liz and her family calls her “Lizard.”

QLTGBYQCWJF7JPND5PM2ZGQDW4.jpg

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0190723-md45hwojk5cbvcjlh26mmb3aea-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Ok sweetheart..stand right there...now give mommy your sad look....snap..perfect!

Top Bottom