The BBQ is this Saturday!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Some recruits for this year and next year will be there.

In addition, many of our commits will be there.

I picture Fleck breaking down tape of guys walking around at the BBQ and deciding who moves in the most nekton fashion. One assertive move to the potato salad could make or break you.
:)

Has anyone seen the fall practice schedule? Know it starts next week and BBQ is next Saturday but wondering if any other open practices? Nothing on Gophersports.com yet.

My nephew will be there Friday and Saturday he holds an offer from Minnesota. Seems to really like it and I think PJ Fleck has made a great impression on him. Time will tell.

Hopefully Fleck knows this:

Go Gophers!!

I literally get the chance to chant this at least 3 times a year, and I never pass it up.
My wife thought it was funny the first time. Not so much anymore.

My nephew will be there Friday and Saturday he holds an offer from Minnesota. Seems to really like it and I think PJ Fleck has made a great impression on him. Time will tell.

Will he get to bring home leftovers?

I would love to hear what makes Minnesota stand out for your nephew and how we compare to other schools in his mind. When recruits are interviewed about any school I usually see generic quotes like "love the coaching staff" and "great facilities." Those are probably true, but I'm sure there's more insight to glean.

Great news! Thanks for the information. Weather will be great and they do a nice job with the BBQ. Minneapolis/St Paul are beautiful cities.

Please let us know what he thinks.

I'd love to go and see how this all works .... at the same time I get why folks like me should NOT be there ;)

Well I think a lot of it is the coaching staff making him feel comfortable being so far from home. Also I think he likes the direction of the program under Fleck and to be able to features his talents in their offense. I am a OU alum and really hope he ends up there. But I think at this point this will be his second visit to Minnesota so I think it is just more than a causual visit. I can't speak for him but I get the feeling he likes Minnesota. He plays for a powerhouse program in Texas and is just a Junior so the next two years should allow him to continue to develop his game and become as good as he wants to be.

I saw a tweet from Ryan Burns that a top-100 national player has been added to the list of people attending the BBQ. But of course, he didn't give a name, and I don't subscribe to his site.

Any "insiders" have an idea who he's talking about?

https://247sports.com/Player/Randolph-Kpai-46081425/

I've heard he will be rooming with Justice Sullivan, who currently is a Gopher lean.

NhJ1he2.gif

Anyone find a list of visitors anywhere, or will we not know until after the BBQ happens?

Fleck is just killing it when it comes to recruiting then Gen X kids. Kpai, Justice Sullivan, Joe Moore, Kaden Johnson are all Minnesota leans right now . . . I know they will not land them all but dang. Impressive.

Will the Kaliakmanis brothers be there along with Jackson? I'm hoping they're part of the boat in getting 'cruits to come here.

Fleck is just killing it when it comes to recruiting then Gen X kids. Kpai, Justice Sullivan, Joe Moore, Kaden Johnson are all Minnesota leans right now . . . I know they will not land them all but dang. Impressive.

Thinking you didn't mean Gen X.

Man if we're croot'n gen X....

Top Bottom