The BBQ is this Saturday!

I’m looking forward to the “we’re the oldest but least experienced team in the nation” assertion.

How much of an expansion of the training staff would this require

Many big-time 2021 recruits will be at the BBQ. At least 3 4-stars.

Well I think a lot of it is the coaching staff making him feel comfortable being so far from home. Also I think he likes the direction of the program under Fleck and to be able to features his talents in their offense. I am a OU alum and really hope he ends up there. But I think at this point this will be his second visit to Minnesota so I think it is just more than a causual visit. I can't speak for him but I get the feeling he likes Minnesota. He plays for a powerhouse program in Texas and is just a Junior so the next two years should allow him to continue to develop his game and become as good as he wants to be.

That's awesome! I hope he has a good time and makes the best choice for himself. Which obviously is in MN, but reasonable people can disagree:)

SVGZ-GenerationZ-Ex1.ashx

The thing I love about PJ is he optimism. Unlike some staffs in the past, IMHO, he does not see being average as being OK. Seems like past staffs have just been like why bother they are not going come here.

Fleck is just killing it when it comes to recruiting then Gen X kids. Kpai, Justice Sullivan, Joe Moore, Kaden Johnson are all Minnesota leans right now . . . I know they will not land them all but dang. Impressive.

Where do you see that they are all Minnesota leans? or do you have some inside information? I see all as toss ups right now at best.

The thing I love about PJ is he optimism. Unlike some staffs in the past, IMHO, he does not see being average as being OK. Seems like past staffs have just been like why bother they are not going come here.

There has never been a staff here who saw being average as being OK.

Not a jab at you. I don’t know where to start. McKinsey put that out - as useless as the other consulting firms I’ve dealt with.

I did a quick google image search on generations, and it was the first one that caught my eye. Clicked on it and quickly determine it was good enough for a discussion of gen X guys talking about their 6 second 40 times.

I did a quick google image search on generations, and it was the first one that caught my eye. Clicked on it and quickly determine it was good enough for a discussion of gen X guys talking about their 6 second 40 times.

That would be a lively thread full of fist shaking, yelling at clouds, and crying. There are a lot of stereotypes out there...I’m the first to jokingly subscribe to them because there is always a kernel of truth. Probably the only universally true thing is 99% of 40-50 somethings wouldn’t make it through the first two weeks of camp...or maybe the first hour

Your panties are in a wad because ... it put 1940 instead of 1945????

The gall they have!!!!

Sounds good dude

Panties in a wad? Hardly. Just pointing out that graphic, and your response, is incorrect, in a very basic and obvious way.

Does anyone know if they have Texas BBQ there? If they don't I'm going to start hating on Fleck.

What are the odds... that PJ Fleck will land commits for the next two recruiting classes at the BBQ??!

Does anyone know if they have Texas BBQ there? If they don't I'm going to start hating on Fleck.

Exactly. Fleck should have Texas BBQ catered from TX. Home cooked favorites from Florida and Georgia too. Maybe he does this as he is a detail oriented guy.

That would be a lively thread full of fist shaking, yelling at clouds, and crying. There are a lot of stereotypes out there...I’m the first to jokingly subscribe to them because there is always a kernel of truth. Probably the only universally true thing is 99% of 40-50 somethings wouldn’t make it through the first two weeks of camp...or maybe the first hour

I don't know about that. There's a fair number of folks that do cross fit or run or exercise. We could make it through camp, we just aren't going to squat 750 lbs like these kids do. Nor are we going to run a 4.4 40. Or a 6.4 40 for that matter. But the conditioning part would be fine. Obviously would need longer rest than the kids do to recover as well...

I think I could make it two weeks, but I don't think I'd earn Nekton of the week...

And to tie this back to the thread, I bet I can eat nearly as much BBQ as these kids can. Well maybe not DF, but certainly any d-back...

Exactly. Fleck should have Texas BBQ catered from TX. Home cooked favorites from Florida and Georgia too. Maybe he does this as he is a detail oriented guy.

I feel like no matter what you do any BBQ ... once it crosses the MN border ... it's magically just gets mediocre at best.

I really wish someone would fix that.

Top Bottom