The BBQ is this Saturday!

I did a quick google image search on generations, and it was the first one that caught my eye. Clicked on it and quickly determine it was good enough for a discussion of gen X guys talking about their 6 second 40 times.

Man, tough crowd.
Really? No 50-year-olds in here that can hit a 6 something 40? I guess I overshot and should have said 9-10 second 40 times.

Man, tough crowd.
Really? No 50-year-olds in here that can hit a 6 something 40? I guess I overshot and should have said 9-10 second 40 times.
I have wondered what my 40 time would be these days. I am tempted to try it, in decent shape as I walk/run each day but at 57 am afraid of what might snap if I go all out for 40 yds. Actually I would survive but the time would be very interesting compared to my time at age 21. No chance of surviving an hour in a football camp at this age. I see what Fleck puts them through at practice.

I have wondered what my 40 time would be these days. I am tempted to try it, in decent shape as I walk/run each day but at 57 am afraid of what might snap if I go all out for 40 yds. Actually I would survive but the time would be very interesting compared to my time at age 21. No chance of surviving an hour in a football camp at this age. I see what Fleck puts them through at practice.

I once worked at an office staffed by mostly guys in the age range of 28 - 50. I was at the younger end at this point.

There was a lot of fun talk about who could run the fastest so the idea naturally came up to do a footrace.

Bunch of guys who were all more capable at one time but hadn't yet grappled with aging....

Results:

3 torn ACLs, 1 concussion (from a fall), and about half a dozen misc injuries.

Just from running a 40 all out years after they had last tried ;)

HR asked we not do that thing anymore.

I'm with you, I feel fine, but it is really hard to know how your body would respond under stress even running just 40 yards.

Keep an eye on this guy, who was at the BBQ. Expect him to be a gopher shortly!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/miles-fleming-201676

https://247sports.com/Player/Miles-Fleming-46079775/

Yeah, visited here Jul 27, and then on Jul 28 decommits from the MAC team that he had committed to back in March. Note, we offered him in June.

I’m glad to have him and welcome him here.

I will simply point out: if folks here are fine with us offering a kid in June who had given a hard commitment to a MAC school in March ..... then we can’t really complain if any big-time P5 program does the exact same thing to any of our recruits ...

https://247sports.com/Player/Miles-Fleming-46079775/

Yeah, visited here Jul 27, and then on Jul 28 decommits from the MAC team that he had committed to back in March. Note, we offered him in June.

I’m glad to have him and welcome him here.

I will simply point out: if folks here are fine with us offering a kid in June who had given a hard commitment to a MAC school in March ..... then we can’t really complain if any big-time P5 program does the exact same thing to any of our recruits ...
Agreed....

More interested in how we would use him. DB?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use this to time myself.https://static.turbosquid.com/Preview/001192/491/VK/hourglass-sand-3D-model_0.jpg

I once worked at an office staffed by mostly guys in the age range of 28 - 50. I was at the younger end at this point.

There was a lot of fun talk about who could run the fastest so the idea naturally came up to do a footrace.

Bunch of guys who were all more capable at one time but hadn't yet grappled with aging....

Results:

I'm with you, I feel fine, but it is really hard to know how your body would respond under stress even running just 40 yards.

How large was this group? That sounds insane.

How large was this group? That sounds insane.

Better question, how overweight or how many packs a day deep were the guys who got injured? Seems unreal to have dudes tearing an ACL or - even worse - falling down while running 40 yards in a straight line.

Results:

Sorry to hear this but it sounds like some people in the office were probably entertained!

Better question, how overweight or how many packs a day deep were the guys who got injured? Seems unreal to have dudes tearing an ACL or - even worse - falling down while running 40 yards in a straight line.

Dude with a concussions was also one of the ACL injuries. He tore it, was in pain, fell ... they were running in a parking lot so his head hit the bummer of a car ... just happened to be a nice old truck.

Sorry to hear this but it sounds like some people in the office were probably entertained!

I expected injures but not to the scale that occurred.

All in all the general "young guys thinking they are still in their prime" aspect was amusing.

Dude with a concussions was also one of the ACL injuries. He tore it, was in pain, fell ... they were running in a parking lot so his head hit the bummer of a car ... just happened to be a nice old truck.

You put this on Youtube, right?

I’m not convinced it is physically possible to tear an acl at my top speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 63 years old with heart problems. I'm not running a 40 unless my house is burning down. And even then, it will probably be more of a jog. Just have to make it out of the house while I'm still rare to medium rare.

I'm 63 years old with heart problems. I'm not running a 40 unless my house is burning down. And even then, it will probably be more of a jog. Just have to make it out of the house while I'm still rare to medium rare.
You gotta pace yourself, even in emergencies.

My wife tried to get me to sprint one night while we were walking...I've told her that I used to be a pretty fast runner back in my day and she hasn't seen it...I told her no way to which she replied "I'll give you whatever you want tonight." I didn't even think it over I kept walking.

Top Bottom