The BBQ is this Saturday!

Cause it’s maddening when threads go off topic.

You don’t “own” this thread, anymore than you “own” GopherHole itself. You’re not responsible for it, and you don’t control it. You use it for your own entertainment, free of chargeI might add, the same as everyone else.

So bugger off win your perverse sense of “decorum”, on a free internet message board.

Act like an adult: skip past the posts you don’t want to read. And don’t complain about posts. Be grateful that this even exists in the first place, for you to post. Sheesh

Cause it’s maddening when threads go off topic. If you were at least talking about bbq from the wwll
era.

I guess I don't see this as going wildly off-topic because the nature of the discussion turned to differences in approaches to recruiting across generations. People can bark about the accuracy of the McKinsey chart (or Strauss' and Howe's The Fourth Turning or Generations from a couple of decades back), but tastes change with the times and good programs are able to pivot to successfully reach the current stream of recruits.

You don’t “own” this thread, anymore than you “own” GopherHole itself. You’re not responsible for it, and you don’t control it. You use it for your own entertainment, free of chargeI might add, the same as everyone else.

So bugger off win your perverse sense of “decorum”, on a free internet message board.

Act like an adult: skip past the posts you don’t want to read. And don’t complain about posts. Be grateful that this even exists in the first place, for you to post. Sheesh

Where was this guy when I was ripping Pitino last year?

:cry::cry: When a grown up child asks someone to act like an adult.

Im guessing 3 of the 4 4-stars on campus that Burns’ is referring to are Athan K., Sullivan, and Kpai. Anyone know the other?

What I can see here is the tension rising as we all want to know if guys are committing at the BBQ. I'll take my BBQ sauce Texas, Big Mo, and any regional variation that lands a bunch of commitments.

And, for your entertainment, would somebody bring in the fembots.

Who is the top 100 player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think a lot of it is the coaching staff making him feel comfortable being so far from home. Also I think he likes the direction of the program under Fleck and to be able to features his talents in their offense. I am a OU alum and really hope he ends up there. But I think at this point this will be his second visit to Minnesota so I think it is just more than a causual visit. I can't speak for him but I get the feeling he likes Minnesota. He plays for a powerhouse program in Texas and is just a Junior so the next two years should allow him to continue to develop his game and become as good as he wants to be.
Thank you for that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, we don’t need to worry about recruits making it all the way through this thread

I don't know about that. There's a fair number of folks that do cross fit or run or exercise. We could make it through camp, we just aren't going to squat 750 lbs like these kids do. Nor are we going to run a 4.4 40. Or a 6.4 40 for that matter. But the conditioning part would be fine. Obviously would need longer rest than the kids do to recover as well...

I think I could make it two weeks, but I don't think I'd earn Nekton of the week...

And to tie this back to the thread, I bet I can eat nearly as much BBQ as these kids can. Well maybe not DF, but certainly any d-back...

SALUTE to anyone over 40 willing to hit with 18-22 year old kids. There is that 1% of freak out there...

Google search turned this up. The music is a nice touch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6UyZJs35EAY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That guy is from South Dakota, and is an OLB at 185lbs. And he's getting pretty high level P5 offers, including from Oregon.

Hmm. Must have some crazy speed and athletic plays on film??

That guy is from South Dakota, and is an OLB at 185lbs. And he's getting pretty high level P5 offers, including from Oregon.

Hmm. Must have some crazy speed and athletic plays on film??

He looks bigger than that in the picture, but it’s hard to know for sure. I’m assuming that’s the weight he played at as a Sophomore. He tagged the defensive backs coach in his tweet. Maybe he’s projected as a safety at the next level? Either way, he must have done something impressive to earn that rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nephew will be there Friday and Saturday he holds an offer from Minnesota. Seems to really like it and I think PJ Fleck has made a great impression on him. Time will tell.

Soonerfw, how did Brady's visit go? Any inside info on the BBQ weekend?

Last edited:

He looks bigger than that in the picture, but it’s hard to know for sure. I’m assuming that’s the weight he played at as a Sophomore. He tagged the defensive backs coach in his tweet. Maybe he’s projected as a safety at the next level? Either way, he must have done something impressive to earn that rating.

Ah. Maybe he's a projected safety, with LB hitting, and DB speed/athleticism?

Clearly, he has earned some respect by doing some good things.

I feel like no matter what you do any BBQ ... once it crosses the MN border ... it's magically just gets mediocre at best.

I really wish someone would fix that.

Went to Old Southern BBQ recently, and I thought it was quite impressive. I travel to Texas and K.C. often for work and have had good BBQ for comparison.

Top Bottom