First 2020 Basketball Recruit to Verbally Commit

Who do you think will be the first 2020 basketball recruit to verbally commit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfing18now

Reaction score
Who do you think will be the first 2020 recruit to verbally commit to the Gophers?

...and when do you think it will happen..:confused:

Might have said Jahari Long if you asked me a week ago. Gordon planning an official is a good sign, but that’s not until October so I imagine even if he does commit here, he won’t be our first. Went with Walton.

Hoping for a Garcia commitment

A class with Garcia - Mashburn - Walton - Crowl would be fun!

It will probably be someone that I'm underwhelmed by. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Seems pretty unanimous that most are thinking Walton will be first to commit. Has he said anything that gives people this impression? Are we one of his favorites?

Seems pretty unanimous that most are thinking Walton will be first to commit. Has he said anything that gives people this impression? Are we one of his favorites?

Probably just a perception that he’s the most attainable in-state target along with Gabe Madsen, but that we won’t get Gabe because we won’t offer Mason.

Here's to hoping its a tie. With Walton, Garcia and Suggs all committing at the same time.

Here's to hoping its a tie. With Walton, Garcia and Suggs all committing at the same time.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/EI1EHOldds5KU" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/clap-EI1EHOldds5KU">via GIPHY</a></p>

I'd vote the recruit generally assumed to be the least desirable of the Minnesota kid listed above. So that's probably Crowl?

Why is Suggs listed as warmer? Gopher Illustrared have any context on this. Walton is listed as cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dominoes will fall. Recruits with the best options will shop around for the best scenario. The Gophers will get their players. It is only a matter of time.

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2020-Basketball/Targets/

Exactly. This is going to be the third exciting recruiting class in a row. Recruiting has broken wide open for Pitino and staff. Can you beat a class of Walton, Garcia, and Suggs? If we miss on Suggs we are going to get a very good point guard anyway.

Exactly. This is going to be the third exciting recruiting class in a row. Recruiting has broken wide open for Pitino and staff. Can you beat a class of Walton, Garcia, and Suggs? If we miss on Suggs we are going to get a very good point guard anyway.

If we miss on Suggs, how many years are we really missing? Carr has 3 years of eligibility.

And for now Willis and Greenlee look better than most expected. I liked Willis better than most. Pitino picked up Greenlee for a reason. We will know more at the end of the season.

And for now Willis and Greenlee look better than most expected. I liked Willis better than most. Pitino picked up Greenlee for a reason. We will know more at the end of the season.

Get used to the new normal. Pitino will reload each year with B1G quality players that compete for playing time. No more roster filler spots, every player needs to able to step up when called upon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get used to the new normal. Pitino will reload each year with B1G quality players that compete for playing time. No more roster filler spots, every player needs to able to step up when called upon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, we can afford transfer sit out or red shirt here and there, but we can't afford 4 year guy that never contributes along with: transfer sit out, injury, etc

I mean technically with how the question is worded, Crowl and Carlson both committed before "not listed" they just didn't commit to the Golden Gophers.

Yeah I suppose. I'll post a better question next time. :)

Here’s a fun thought: Let’s assume first that Garcia commits to the Gophers (a very fun thought in and of itself). That would mean two commits, and Garcia > Carlson; Mitchell > Crowl. Add Mashburn and I’m quite certain you would have MN > WI.

Here’s a fun thought: Let’s assume first that Garcia commits to the Gophers (a very fun thought in and of itself). That would mean two commits, and Garcia > Carlson; Mitchell > Crowl. Add Mashburn and I’m quite certain you would have MN > WI.

And people would still complain that we "missed" on local recruits.

Top Bottom