6 College Football Coaches Facing Pressure in 2019 (3 from BT: Lovie, Harbaugh, Ash)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per TheBigLead:

Winning in college football comes and goes in bunches. Teams can be successful for a long time, creating dynasties, while others win for a few years and lose for many others.

Even in the preseason as college football programs prepare for the upcoming 2019 campaign, there are several head coaches facing pressure to win now, some as much on the hot seat entering 2019.

Guys like Lovie Smith, Brent Brennan, and Chris Ash could be the first coaches fired this season after overall disappointing tenures with their programs, while guys like Clay Helton and Jim Harbaugh have their seats warming up a little bit despite being overall successful with their respective programs.

Here are six head coaches entering this year’s college football season who are facing pressure to win in 2019.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/07/22/s...e=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

Go Gophers!!

Surprised Harbaugh lasted this long. I think he burned some bridges in the NFL and the timbers are hotter than people know under the bridge in Ann Arbor. No matter to him, he is financially set.

I don't think Ash or Smith survives the season, the big question is, who gets fired first.

Has anyone reported on the buyouts for those coaches? Sad to say but that is probably the biggest factor in keeping poor performing head coaches around. People can talk themselves into thinking improvement is just around the corner...despite abundant historical evidence that is unlikely to happen after a certain period of time. Additional factors might include whether the current AD hand selected them.

Surprised Harbaugh lasted this long. I think he burned some bridges in the NFL and the timbers are hotter than people know under the bridge in Ann Arbor. No matter to him, he is financially set.

He's not going anywhere. He'll win the east this year and cement his position.

Top Bottom