# 2 Receiver in Total Yards (Decker)vs

Add those numbers up and you get a gopher victory. Oh, and Wisconsin sucks.

Another one to chew on.

Tolzien, on third and less than 10 yards, is 19-of-22 for 230 yards and three scores (pass efficiency rating of 219.2) and has converted 17 of those 22 attempts into first downs or touchdowns (77.3 percent).

The Gophers are 9th in the conference in opponents 3rd down conversion percentage.

Good thing the Badgers haven't played anyone or the Gophers would really be in trouble.

Another one to chew on.

Tolzien, on third and less than 10 yards, is 19-of-22 for 230 yards and three scores (pass efficiency rating of 219.2) and has converted 17 of those 22 attempts into first downs or touchdowns (77.3 percent).

The Gophers are 9th in the conference in opponents 3rd down conversion percentage.

Good thing the Badgers haven't played anyone or the Gophers would really be in trouble.

This is exactly what makes me nervous about this game after watching Northwestern march down the field with short passes in the middle of our zone.

This is exactly what makes me nervous about this game after watching Northwestern march down the field with short passes in the middle of our zone.

Ok, since you were so honest, Decker for 10 and 170 makes me a tad nervous. Other then that, I can't think of much to be concerned about.:)

Another one to chew on.

Good thing the Badgers haven't played anyone or the Gophers would really be in trouble.[/QUOTE

Stats are for losers!

The funny thing to me is how different the Gophers have looked on 3rd down depending on the game. After week 1 we were leading the conference in 3rd down defense. Syracuse only converted once or twice on 3rd down. The following week Air Force got in to a lot of 3rd and 2 or less and they converted a lot of them but only managed 13 points. Cal seemed like a pretty normal 3rd down defense with a weak first half and outstanding second half up until they converted a 3rd and 16 that changed the momentum of the game. Northwestern showed why they lead the conference in third down offense as they consistently converted on 3rd down.

I still don't know what I think of the Gophers defense on 3rd down but Air Force and Northwestern are the two games that make us look bad. Wisconsin's offense is much different than either of those but the key to 3rd down is what you do on 1st and 2nd. To me this game hinges on whether Wisconsin can run effectively to open up the PA passing game and put the Wisconsin offense in 3rd and 3 (or less) consistently.

The Gophers are 100% in red zone offense (excluding their taking a knee in the red zone against Northwestern)!

I'd be 16 of 16 with 16 TDs by myself against your non-conference schedule as well.

Ooohhhhh buuuurn! You got him good.

It's great that Decker has such good stats for you. Too bad you have to have 10 other guys on the field with him.

Ooohhhhh buuuurn! You got him good.

It's great that Decker has such good stats for you. Too bad you have to have 10 other guys on the field with him.

So you mock a poster and then drop that steaming, fetid heap of un-funny dung? Seriously, it's fine if you want to mock and ridicule, but have something with real zing to follow it up. Tell me you didn't spend more than three seconds thinking about what you wrote there. Please.

I'm constantly amazed by how unoriginal you Badger fans are. If you're going to go trolling, bring something better than "YOU GUY'S HAVE SUCKT FOR 50 YEARS" or "YOU'RE STADIUM IS TINY!!1!!1" You all make PantherHawk look like a freaking Nobel laureate. :rolleyes:

The Badger mindset: Stop Decker! Stop Decker! Stop Decker!
The Gopher mindset: KISS...Score more points.

So you mock a poster and then drop that steaming, fetid heap of un-funny dung? Seriously, it's fine if you want to mock and ridicule, but have something with real zing to follow it up. Tell me you didn't spend more than three seconds thinking about what you wrote there. Please.

I'm constantly amazed by how unoriginal you Badger fans are. If you're going to go trolling, bring something better than "YOU GUY'S HAVE SUCKT FOR 50 YEARS" or "YOU'RE STADIUM IS TINY!!1!!1" You all make PantherHawk look like a freaking Nobel laureate. :rolleyes:

Pot, meet kettle. "Wisconsin fans are all fat drunk and stupid!" "We have 6 national championships". It's the same sh!t. And what's wrong with casually swearing on your board? Goddamn Minnesotans are pu$$ies.

ok. I ll be the source of profanity u seek. Im a teenager. I can hang wit a dumbass drunk 0 championship wisconsin fan in swearing.

*&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@# you u god damn c*ck sucking Becky fan. Eat *&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@# and die.

Wow, i typed that out and they even "*&^" blurred my spaces. Im hardcore.

Pot, meet kettle. "Wisconsin fans are all fat drunk and stupid!" "We have 6 national championships". It's the same sh!t. And what's wrong with casually swearing on your board? Goddamn Minnesotans are pu$$ies.

Uh, I'm not condoning Minnesota fans repeatedly posting the same tripe over on Buckyville or other sites of that ilk. It's all garbage as far as I'm concerned. But we're not talking about them; we're talking about you and your trite witticisms.

If you're going to come over here and troll, at least be amusing or pithy. Give us something worthwhile to get pissed about or otherwise provide a reason for us to respond. With your current tack, you're just wasting your and everyone else's time.

With regard to casually swearing on this board, I suspect it's because a lot of the fans of our "irrelevant" program visit this site at work. Those of us with jobs appreciate the mods keeping this site SFW by editing the invective-filled rants of the fat, drinking, jobless Sconnies.

The funny thing to me is how different the Gophers have looked on 3rd down depending on the game. After week 1 we were leading the conference in 3rd down defense. Syracuse only converted once or twice on 3rd down. The following week Air Force got in to a lot of 3rd and 2 or less and they converted a lot of them but only managed 13 points. Cal seemed like a pretty normal 3rd down defense with a weak first half and outstanding second half up until they converted a 3rd and 16 that changed the momentum of the game. Northwestern showed why they lead the conference in third down offense as they consistently converted on 3rd down.

I still don't know what I think of the Gophers defense on 3rd down but Air Force and Northwestern are the two games that make us look bad. Wisconsin's offense is much different than either of those but the key to 3rd down is what you do on 1st and 2nd. To me this game hinges on whether Wisconsin can run effectively to open up the PA passing game and put the Wisconsin offense in 3rd and 3 (or less) consistently.

But see, this is the beauty of a coaching staff that makes ADJUSTMENTS (something we haven't had for a while).

Cosgrove plays a sometimes frustrating but often very effective bend-but-don't-break style of D, especially early in games and sometimes through the first half. Teams occasionally get lots of yards and sometimes lots of first downs, but often don't get many points because the D tightens up naturally in the red zone.

I attribute some of Syracuse's problems to their own ineptitude but a lot to our D-line's short yardage play stuffing the inside run. Air Force did a great job of exploiting our weakness against the outside rush. They didn't break off a lot of long runs, but could pick up those 3rd and 2's up until we tightened up inside our own territory. Against NW, we were constantly focusing our LB's on keeping Kafka from running wild, while playing a soft zone to prevent long passing plays. That resulted in them getting a lot of completions underneath, but for most of the game we contained them.

I trust our D right now and I'm really looking forward to seeing if the offense can sustain the momentum it built against NW last week.

Dear God, did I just post something sane and football-related in Wisconsin week on this board? :eek:

Our defense can be nervewracking to watch at times, but as others have mentioned, they do tighten up at clutch times. They've also demonstrated an ability to occasionally get a big tackle for loss (sack, blowing up a running play). In a perfect world every Wisconsin series would be a 3-and-out, but I'd settle for giving up a few first downs, then dogpiling Tolzien to set up a 3rd and 16. Then let's see how the Becky QB does against a defense where the players aren't majoring in truck driving or how to prepare a proper roux while making gravy (a must in cooking school).

Top Bottom