LSU's New Football Locker Rooms Are Ridiculous

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Koster:

LSU’s football operations building was nice before a dramatic makeover. Now it’s something out of a glossy magazine only available to millionaires who jaunt around the world in first-class and use expensive oils and lotions. You know, those who really embrace the lifestyle.

The improvements were unveiled on Sunday night and while I could describe them, it’s best to just take a look and drink in the opulence.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://thebiglead.com/2019/07/22/l...tm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

Go Gophers!!

Nice locker room.

Will flight attendants hand out beverages?

Seriously, designing a locker room so that it's as nice as a seat on an airplane? Bad idea from the start.

But is it SHAPED LIKE A FOOTBALL? NO

They look cool but the design is based around what a person needs when they are stuck in a flying tube with nowhere else to go and few entertainment options.

Airline first class is also designed for personal space and entertainment in a group of strangers. Locker rooms should be designed for team interaction.

Nobody is sitting and watching that TV, especially with 90 other ones going at the same time, plus phones.

Last edited:

Is there another room where they store the rest of the uniform/pads? Looks like there's only room for the helmet in this setup...

Seems a bit much to go all-out to design a sleep space for players for 6-7 days a year, right?
I know the guy in the video says they will use it every day, but that doesn't make sense.

Gross. I’ve never been a fan of Peacock culture but to each their own. Obviously LSU football is self-sufficient - but....would be nice to see some of that money go towards scholarships or faculty in a higher education system that IIRC was near collapse a few years ago and may still be. With the NCAA tripping over its own bootlaces and conferences unwilling to rein in the largesse...I suppose we should expect more and more as schools try to outdazzle each other. The burbs brought to university.

Last edited:

I saw a tweet from an LSU faculty member earlier today that retweeted it and said something like "Meanwhile across campus I clean my faculty office with a used Dirt Devil."

To add insult to injury he whole idea of the sleeping are/first class pod is pretty stupid. Locker roooms don’t smell like ass anymore?

To add insult to injury he whole idea of the sleeping are/first class pod is pretty stupid. Locker roooms don’t smell like ass anymore?

Yeah that was my thought. From my football days the most useful aspects of a locker room would be smell management, moisture management, and a door to exit the sweaty stench.

Saw this on Twitter, from an LSU student - Right: New locker room @ LSU
Left: LSU library
3aa56fe59bc0c89e8aa0705d3dceee25.jpg
1727e1f992e383908c074f3640b35eb5.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I saw a tweet from an LSU faculty member earlier today that retweeted it and said something like "Meanwhile across campus I clean my faculty office with a used Dirt Devil."

He/she should get off their butt and do a little fundraising to get themselves a new Dirt Devil.

Saw this on Twitter, from an LSU student - Right: New locker room @ LSU
Left: LSU library
3aa56fe59bc0c89e8aa0705d3dceee25.jpg
1727e1f992e383908c074f3640b35eb5.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I think these two images are the new SEC logo. Then again the library was technologically obsolete when I was in school almost 20 years ago.

Gross. I’ve never been a fan of Peacock culture but to each their own. Obviously LSU football is self-sufficient - but....would be nice to see some of that money go towards scholarships or faculty in a higher education system that IIRC was near collapse a few years ago and may still be. With the NCAA tripping over its own bootlaces and conferences unwilling to rein in the largesse...I suppose we should expect more and more as schools try to outdazzle each other. The burbs brought to university.

I second your thoughts. I'm a huge football fan, but this... well, this looks like Bad Taste, Misguided Priorities and Wretched Excess all went out bar-hopping together, got really wasted and made some very bad decisions.

Looks like they ripped off Soul Plane.

All kidding aside, I think LSU may have passed the point where the money they spent exceeds the payoff in recruiting and on the field performance.

Can't imagine why people say there's too much money in college athletics.

JTG

Yeah, I don’t get it. Their recruiting is doing just fine. Are kids going to choose LSU over Alabama or Clemson because of this? I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cubbies look like they could have multiple purposes. A great space for individual lap dances. TVs for tuning into online classes. Oh, and a locker room changing area.

Are those bowling ball returns? Im confused. is there a bowling alley in the locker room? That might be excessive.

Top Bottom