2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Stephanski just made a very poor decision for his career.

As long as he's healthy enough, Gary Kubiak at OC works for me.

But will Diggs be down with that? He didn't get "enough" throws at times this season.

Whoa, Klint? Why wouldn't it be Gary?
I think Gary likes where he is. He's basically in charge of the offense without the work, press conferences etc. It's natural to elevate the QB coach, especially when he's your kid.

I think Gary likes where he is. He's basically in charge of the offense without the work, press conferences etc. It's natural to elevate the QB coach, especially when he's your kid.
Does he do the game planning? Call plays? What do you mean in charge of? Just sets the philosophy?

Does he do the game planning? Call plays? What do you mean in charge of? Just sets the philosophy?
Yes, they did the game plan together. He offered suggestions, but Stefanski called plays. Bottom line, we will still be running the Shanahan/Kubiak offense next year no matter who is officially OC. Shurmer's not going to sign up to work "under" Kubiak.

At least on passing downs, Barr should take over for griffin
I remember after he signed the big deal to stay, Zim made some comment about how Barr will be used more creatively (I think more like a 3-4 rush end) at times, and that would justify paying him that much. Well, he was used exactly the same way this year as he has been in the past.

I remember after he signed the big deal to stay, Zim made some comment about how Barr will be used more creatively (I think more like a 3-4 rush end) at times, and that would justify paying him that much. Well, he was used exactly the same way this year as he has been in the past.
Maybe he was just saying that to get people off his back? Zim wants to control and own the defense and do it his way, and Zim thought that Barr needed to stay and at that cost, for that role.

Could've been a big mistake to give into Zim on that.

Sounds like Shurmer is going to Denver to be their new OC. Funny how it works out. Elway tried to make Vic Fangio hire Kubiak as OC, but he didn't want to (I get why. That would have been awkward). Shurmer is a good hire for Denver.

Pack won, as we knew they would. Come on 9ers! It’s clearly your year ... Pats and Ravens bow out early.

9ers KC

It's always fun to read Rosenfels talk about quarterbacking, particularly the admiration he has for Brett Favre after playing with him here. What comes across is his appraisal of what it takes to be a great QB and what separates the great ones from the good ones. In short, you have to prepare and know how to prepare; see what's happening in front of you and assimilate it in real time; and do something about it. God knows if Kirk can consistently digest what's happening in front of him, but it's so obvious that he has profound trouble doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done.

Tarkenton says it over-and-over-and-over, arm strength is overrated. The most important body part on a QB is his brain.

Top Bottom