2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, multiple ....... 2 ..... now as of today.

Zim post-season vastly has underperformed compared to his regular season. Regardless, they won today, and they deserved to win today. 9ers are "only" 3-2 in the playoffs in their new stadium, so who knows maybe he'll get all the way up to 3-3 by next weekend.

Cryboys can go suck it, though. I doubt they're willing to mortgage to the future to the tune of a first rounder just to get the rights to Zim. They can hire someone else.
I'm not sure a 2-2 play-off record with one of the losses on a missed 27 yard FG is "vastly under-performing."

I'm not sure a 2-2 play-off record with one of the losses on a missed 27 yard FG is "vastly under-performing."
I misread the Souhan article I posted earlier, it said 1-3 ... but that was talking about if they lost today.

Seems like we should be better than 2-2 in the playoffs in six years under Zim at 57-38-1. Oh well

They're whining almost as loudly. It was a good no call.
That no-call is all the national media wants to talk about, so I suppose we ought to flesh this out. I have two ideas on the subject:
1) It WAS pass interference.
2) Aikman said it best in the broadcast. He put it something like, "The way things have been called this year..." If you make that call based on season-long consistency, you don't call it, and they didn't.

My gripe for years has been that offensive players are allowed to get away with murder...or at least get away with things that defenders would never be allowed to. If there were a point of emphasis for a future season, this should be it. Level the playing field between O and D in the defensive backfield.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Vikings won. Even better was that it came against the Saints (I will never forget '09). That said...

The 4th quarter coaching was terrible. It was maddening to watch ultra-conservative (and idiotic at times) play-calling on both offense and defense. The pitches were getting stuffed (or losing yards) all 2nd half. Why keep trying them and losing yards? How about make an actual effort to get a 1st down instead of being 100% okay with 3-and-outs? Why were our cornerbacks playing 7+ yards off the receivers and allowing easy passes all quarter? I don't care that we were thin at that position. Through 3 quarters, that pass defense bottled up Brees pretty well. I understand prevent defense, but we were only up 10 points with one of the best offenses in the league marching down the field. How could it possibly be that hard to stop the Taysom Hill wildcat? The Vikings playing not to lose in the 4th quarter almost cost them the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Vikings won. Even better was that it came against the Saints (I will never forget '09). That said...

The 4th quarter coaching was terrible. It was maddening to watch ultra-conservative (and idiotic at times) play-calling on both offense and defense. The pitches were getting stuffed (or losing yards) all 2nd half. Why keep trying them and losing yards? How about make an actual effort to get a 1st down instead of being 100% okay with 3-and-outs? Why were our cornerbacks playing 7+ yards off the receivers and allowing easy passes all quarter? I don't care that we were thin at that position. Through 3 quarters, that pass defense bottled up Brees pretty well. I understand prevent defense, but we were only up 10 points with one of the best offenses in the league marching down the field. How could it possibly be that hard to stop the Taysom Hill wildcat? The Vikings playing not to lose in the 4th quarter almost cost them the game.
They've been pretty stubborn trying to make those stretch plays and trick plays work. Hey, maybe they're not going to!

Magary is a genius, but this is exceptional even for him. Great read.

I thought the rules prevented interviews while a team is still in the playoffs. I guess not.

That no-call is all the national media wants to talk about, so I suppose we ought to flesh this out. I have two ideas on the subject:
1) It WAS pass interference.
2) Aikman said it best in the broadcast. He put it something like, "The way things have been called this year..." If you make that call based on season-long consistency, you don't call it, and they didn't.

My gripe for years has been that offensive players are allowed to get away with murder...or at least get away with things that defenders would never be allowed to. If there were a point of emphasis for a future season, this should be it. Level the playing field between O and D in the defensive backfield.
If you want to emphasize fairness for the sake of fairness, sure.
If you want to emphasize more scoring, then they should allow receivers to get away with more than defenders.

Why would any coach want to work for the Browns owners??

Even if you lump in Gregg William's 8 games with the rest of Hue Jackson's 40 games, then the last six coaching regimes have only averaged coaching about 29 games each.

I hope the Browns hire Josh McDaniels. They deserve each other.

So what does everyone think about today? Win the turnover battle and I think they have a good chance.

So what does everyone think about today? Win the turnover battle and I think they have a good chance.
I like their chances better today than I did last week in NOLA.

First playoff game for Jimmy G and Levi stadium is not exactly a daunting home field advantage. The thing that scares me the most is a genius like Shanahan having 2 weeks to get ready for this game; 49ers will throw a few things offensively at the Vikings that they haven't seen before.

If we run the ball successfully I like our chances. Especially if the D shows up like it did against NO. I don’t think moving Hunter n Griffith to the interior will work as well against SF but we have other weapons. Kendricks n others need a big game against Kittle as he is a beast. We need to not let him beat us like we did with Thomas last week. Skol !

Zimmer is too scared to throw, and the running game is going nowhere fast. The Viking have already lost. The O-line is the culprit once again.

Zimmer is too scared to throw, and the running game is going nowhere fast. The Viking have already lost. The O-line is the culprit once again.
If that’s the case, I might as well swap over to the Hallmark Channel. There’s a feel Good story on about a lonely middle aged professional woman contemplating a move to Vermont to help her once college beau realize his dream of remanufacturing covered bridges, barrel staves and cast iron stoves. Lots of wool, leather and implied sex. It may be formula?

The gameplan and execution today were both putrid. Gross. And other teams actually want Stefanski? Good, let them have him.

If that’s the case, I might as well swap over to the Hallmark Channel. There’s a feel Good story on about a lonely middle aged professional woman contemplating a move to Vermont to help her once college beau realize his dream of remanufacturing covered bridges, barrel staves and cast iron stoves. Lots of wool, leather and implied sex. It may be formula?
I thought Christmas was over?

Getting completely owned on in the trenches. Spielman's repeated failure to address the O-line rearing it's ugly head. And they need to cut the old wood out of the defense (Rhodes, Griffin etc.)

There is just no fire in the players. It’s like they’re just going through the motions. Did they use up all their emotion last week?

It’s been the same all year. Go up against a good D-line, and the suspect O-line and slow developing plays/Cousins inability to evade pressure will do in the offense.

There is just no fire in the players. It’s like they’re just going through the motions. Did they use up all their emotion last week?

It’s been the same all year. Go up against a good D-line, and the suspect O-line and slow developing plays/Cousins inability to evade pressure will do in the offense.
It’s been that way under zimmer his entire tenure. The team only seems to have any fire if fortune goes their way, otherwise they just go through the motions until they fold. Remember that Eagles game a couple years back? Packers this year? Zimmer may be the “best” we can get, but truth is there is no hope for a SB appearance under this guy. Playoff football is a lot more than x’s and o’s, and his playoff x’s and o’s arent good either.

Top Bottom