2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Vikings have a legit chance, I'll be watching, though more of a Gophers fan.

Re Vegas comments above: give me summertime heat over the East's bone-chilling winter cold. At my age, heat is necessary for me to move about.

Last edited:

Vikings have a legit chance, I'll be watching, though more of a Gophers fan.

Re Vegas comments above: give me summertime heat over the East's bone-chilling winter cold. At my age, heat is necessary for me to move about.
Honestly I'll be surprised if they stay within 2 scores. Already off to a terrible start.

It's going to be hard to win if they're going to be calling phantom holding calls on our WRs. That was terrible.

A toss on third and 1.....
Got about a yard and a half running up the middle on 1st and goal, then didn't try again. Trying to get too cute. OL has owned the LOS in the run game so far. Pound it in. Huge missed opportunity again for the offense.

The Vikings have actually dominated this game for the most part. Game could be like 21-10 or even 21-3.

Edit: And then they allow a long return so now NO will get a FG attempt. They probably just take a knee if it's a normal return.

Vikings have a shot.... hope they win especially since all the FOX broadcasters predicted New Orleans by 14 to 17 points.

Raise your hand if you thin the Vikes are winning this.

Raise your hand if you thin the Vikes are winning this.
Zimmer blowing that 10 point lead was as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. What an awful late-game coach, what awful play calling, what awful pussiness; not that Minnesota football hasn't had plenty of that over the years. The difference between Zimmer blowing leads by playing soft O and D with a lead, and PJ holding onto them is the difference between someone who wants to win, and someone who plays not to lose.

Wow. Nice pass by Cousins to Theilen down to the 2 yard line.

Three plays to punch it in.

Wow. After losing a couple of yards on two runs....Cousins just lofted one up to Rudy. Touchdown in OT. 26-20.

Vikes will be playing the 49ers in Cali next weekend.

Wow. After losing a couple of yards on two runs....Cousins just lofted one up to Rudy. Touchdown in OT. 26-20.

Vikes will be playing the 49ers Cali next weekend.

pfft. Wow. That's unreal they ended up winning. First 3 Q-Zimmer deserved it, 4th Q-Zimmer did not. I'm not sure if I'm happier that the Vikes won or that the Saints lost. I hate the Saints more than any other team after that 2009 BS. The Saints don't deserve a Super Bowl title, not one bit. That the Vikes have beaten the Saints in heartbreaking fashion the past two playoff games - and how the Rams won last year - can be no less than karma-retribution.

Stofanski has been around long enough now to know that you don't pitch the ball in run-heavy situations like that where you cannot lose yards.

Too much ultra conservative play calling at the end. Nice to see them be aggressive in OT. I still don’t get the pitches at the goal line.

Great win, especially since it’s against NO.

Stofanski has been around long enough now to know that you don't pitch the ball in run-heavy situations like that where you cannot lose yards.

It's a terrible play call in that situation. But it's even more alarming that he called a pitch at that point in time.....after that pitch play had been stuffed all game long.

Zimmer blowing that 10 point lead was as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. What an awful late-game coach, what awful play calling, what awful pussiness; not that Minnesota football hasn't had plenty of that over the years. The difference between Zimmer blowing leads by playing soft O and D with a lead, and PJ holding onto them is the difference between someone who wants to win, and someone who plays not to lose.
So...let's fire him?

Too much ultra conservative play calling at the end. Nice to see them be aggressive in OT. I still don’t get the pitches at the goal line.

Great win, especially since it’s against NO.
The pitches at the goal line are maddening. But I have to put that on Kubiak/Stafanski. Run Mattison up the middle 3 times and you score easily.

It works 50% of the time every time. BTW, didn't see you raising your hand.
I was watching the game, not on here whining about losing. I don't give up very easily.

It's going to be hard to win if they're going to be calling phantom holding calls on our WRs. That was terrible.
Indeed, although in this game, the calls actually seemed to work both ways. Unsurprisingly, in that case, the team that deserves to win usually wins.

Zimmer's MO is to play an extremely conservative offense in the 4th quarter if he has the lead. He never plays to win or expand the lead. He relies on his defense to hold the line. It's his greatest shortcoming as a coach.

Last edited:

The pitches at the goal line are maddening. But I have to put that on Kubiak/Stafanski. Run Mattison up the middle 3 times and you score easily.
This I agree with you on!!

So...let's fire him?
As you argued earlier in the year, it’s as likely as not that the Vikes would end up with a worse coach. So no, they’re stuck with Zim.

As you argued earlier in the year, it’s as likely as not that the Vikes would end up with a worse coach. So no, they’re stuck with Zim.
He's old school and a little to conservative. He's also 17 games over .500 and has won multiple play-off games. Unless Kubiak will take it, it's a downgrade. That said, if the Cowboys want to offer a 1st round pick, I'd take it.

He's old school and a little to conservative. He's also 17 games over .500 and has won multiple play-off games. Unless Kubiak will take it, it's a downgrade. That said, if the Cowboys want to offer a 1st round pick, I'd take it.
Agree with this except for the Kubiak part. I’m not sure he’s an upgrade. IMO, at best he’s on par with Zim. Regardless, Zim is going to get an extension so it’s a moot point.

He's old school and a little to conservative. He's also 17 games over .500 and has won multiple play-off games.
Yep, multiple ....... 2 ..... now as of today.

Zim post-season vastly has underperformed compared to his regular season. Regardless, they won today, and they deserved to win today. 9ers are "only" 3-2 in the playoffs in their new stadium, so who knows maybe he'll get all the way up to 3-3 by next weekend.

Cryboys can go suck it, though. I doubt they're willing to mortgage to the future to the tune of a first rounder just to get the rights to Zim. They can hire someone else.

Top Bottom