2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Minnesota needs to embrace killer instinct football. This crap is disgusting.

I've been as big of a proponent of Zimmer as anyone.

But at this point, what is the point? Zimmer is supposed to provide defense and toughness. He also talked big game about not making mistakes.

But now his team cant stop the run. They fumble the ball a ton. Give up big plays. Zimmer's defenses are supposed to be elite, and they have been mediocre.

Their offense is solid. But we dont need Zim for that.

But at this point, what is the point? Zimmer is supposed to provide defense and toughness. He also talked big game about not making mistakes.

But now his team cant stop the run. They fumble the ball a ton. Give up big plays. Zimmer's defenses are supposed to be elite, and they have been mediocre.

If we fired Zim he would be at the top of every other team's list. That's a sign we're making a mistake. And we would replace him with who? Kubiak is not healthy enough to take over. Hiring random OC or DC X is a total crap-shoot.

This is a good team. Tonight sucked. Let's see what happens. If we end up 11-5 and make the play-offs, you can't fire a guy who's 58-37-1 and has made the play-offs 3 times.

I’m not sure what’s worse, the Vikings or the announcers. We don’t need to hear everything Wilson says.

Also Seattle still doesn’t have a penalty called against them.
MNF has been in a deep death spiral for a while now. It was bad last year when Witten was there. It's even worse now without him. And that's saying a lot.

MNF has been in a deep death spiral for a while now. It was bad last year when Witten was there. It's even worse now without him. And that's saying a lot.
Disagree. It may not be great, but it's better than it was with Witten.

Vikings defense is pretty mediocre this year. Hard to watch them get RUTM’d all the way down the field.

Not sure how they couldn’t get 3 yards in 3 plays on their last possession.

Losing Cook probably didn’t help. Cousins gave Irv Smith a catchable ball. Timing/route wasn’t quite there.

Also, Seattle is really good and were playing at home. And it was a night game two time zones to the west. Also lost the starting left OT. All that and we still were in it.

Still even could’ve had a Hail Mary at the end. But our special teams f__ed us.

I loved the adjustments Zimmer made to Seattle using 6 offensive lineman?

Wait he didn't. How about 3 defensive tackles? Might have helped them from running it down our throats at the end.

Wait he didn't. How about 3 defensive tackles? Might have helped them from running it down our throats at the end.

team really needs to draft and/or develop an interior lineman.

It is awful. Booger, um, the Minneapolis Miracle was a catch. That's why they call it that.

Losing Cook probably didn’t help. Cousins gave Irv Smith a catchable ball. Timing/route wasn’t quite there.

Also, Seattle is really good and were playing at home. And it was a night game two time zones to the west. Also lost the starting left OT. All that and we still were in it.

Still even could’ve had a Hail Mary at the end. But our special teams f__ed us.
14 seconds, no time outs. They wouldn't have even gotten into hail mary range.

Zim clung to too many of "his guys" on defense when he shouldn't have. Rhodes should have been released in the off-season. Griffin shouldn't have been brought back. They probably should have let Barr go to the Jets. The D will need to rebuild and get much younger.

But there’s that chance the 6th lineman might go out for a pass!!!!!

Sid: Kirk Cousins' season could be a historic one for the Vikings quarterback

Kirk Cousins wasn’t perfect in the Vikings’ 37-30 loss at Seattle on “Monday Night Football,” throwing for 276 yards, two touchdowns and one interception — but it says a lot that his 87.2 passer rating was his second-worst mark of the season, trailing only his 52.9 mark in the Vikings’ 21-16 loss at Green Bay in Week 2.

The fact is that Cousins is putting together a historic campaign.

And he said that even though the Vikings lost to the Seahawks, he can take positives away from that game just as he took negatives away from their 27-23 win over the Broncos.

“I mean there’s always positives and there’s always negatives,” Cousins said. “In a win like we had against Denver, there were a lot of negatives and the result is obviously what drives the narrative, but there are points throughout any game where you can point to good things and bad things.”

Cousins’ 111.9 rating ranks second in the NFL behind only Ryan Tannehill of Tennessee, who has played in just eight games. But that mark would be the highest in Vikings history, a record set in 2004 by Daunte Culpepper, when he threw for 4,717 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Skol Vikes!!

per Shooter:

The Minnesota Vikings could finish 11-5 and not make the playoffs. The way it looks now, at the very least the Vikings probably have to win two of their last three games, and maybe all three, to get into the postseason.

If the Vikings (9-4) end up tied with the Rams (8-5) for the final NFC playoff spot, the Rams would win the tiebreaker because of a better record against common opponents.

Skol Vikes!!

per Shooter:

The Minnesota Vikings could finish 11-5 and not make the playoffs. The way it looks now, at the very least the Vikings probably have to win two of their last three games, and maybe all three, to get into the postseason.

If the Vikings (9-4) end up tied with the Rams (8-5) for the final NFC playoff spot, the Rams would win the tiebreaker because of a better record against common opponents.

Skol Vikes!!
Didn't the Broncos once have an 11-5 team that failed to make the playoffs, sometime in the 80's, maybe? Seems that was back when the league only had ~28 team and only 4 or so in each conference made the playoffs, though, so it was less surprising than it would be to have such happen now.

Is this the place to comment on todays game vs. Chargers? I live at an undisclosed location in the East and was pleasantly surprised to see the game will be televised here.

per Shooter:

Skol Vikes!!

Keep in mind that the Packers only have a game advantage over the Vikings right now and they have to come to Minneapolis still. We beat them and gain the tiebreaker.

Keep in mind that the Packers only have a game advantage over the Vikings right now and they have to come to Minneapolis still. We beat them and gain the tiebreaker.
That's not accurate. They have a 2-game lead in the loss column on games played within the division, so we have to hope for a Packers loss today against the Bears or in week 17 against the Lions. If they win both of those they win the division, and our game next week doesn't matter.

Vikings with a 39-10 win over the Chargers. Chargers with 7 turnovers. Cook is hurt.

That's not accurate. They have a 2-game lead in the loss column on games played within the division, so we have to hope for a Packers loss today against the Bears or in week 17 against the Lions. If they win both of those they win the division, and our game next week doesn't matter.

My mistake. I thought that the latest head to head game was the tiebreaker. Inter-division record makes more sense.

Didn't the Broncos once have an 11-5 team that failed to make the playoffs, sometime in the 80's, maybe? Seems that was back when the league only had ~28 team and only 4 or so in each conference made the playoffs, though, so it was less surprising than it would be to have such happen now.
I don't recall that. The Patriots only missed the play-offs once in the Brady era. The year he got hurt, they went 10-6 but didn't make the play-offs. I don't recall any 11-5 teams missing.

I don't recall that. The Patriots only missed the play-offs once in the Brady era. The year he got hurt, they went 10-6 but didn't make the play-offs. I don't recall any 11-5 teams missing.
The Patriots were 11-5 and missed the playoffs in 2008, the year Brady was hurt.

The results yesterday kind of took the juice out of the Packer game next week. We can only win the division if GB loses to Detroit at home in week 17. And the Rams might be eliminated on Sunday. So all we really have to play for is the #5 seed vs. the #6 seed.

The results yesterday kind of took the juice out of the Packer game next week. We can only win the division if GB loses to Detroit at home in week 17. And the Rams might be eliminated on Sunday. So all we really have to play for is the #5 seed vs. the #6 seed.
The week 17 Packers/Lions game is in Detroit not Green Bay.

I kind of like the lost juice in this case. Vikes can breathe a bit.

Vikings and KFAN extend their broadcasting deal 5 years. I'm less than exciting about this.

For a team that has won 10 games with games left to play, I have never been less excited about a Vikings team.

The Patriots were 11-5 and missed the playoffs in 2008, the year Brady was hurt.
My biggest gripe with the NFL playoffs is that a division winner is automatically a top 4 seed. That's fine if they want to give a division winner an automatic spot but they should rank them 1-6 based on record. It's ridiculous that an 8-8 team could be hosting a 12-4 team. With just 4 teams, winning the division is not that hard in the NFL.

My biggest gripe with the NFL playoffs is that a division winner is automatically a top 4 seed. That's fine if they want to give a division winner an automatic spot but they should rank them 1-6 based on record. It's ridiculous that an 8-8 team could be hosting a 12-4 team. With just 4 teams, winning the division is not that hard in the NFL.
It's always been an issue, but this year will be really blatant. You wonder if the NFL won't look at revising it.

That said, I don't want to play Dallas on the road again, if they beat Philly. Give me SF or GB before Dallas.

Top Bottom