2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I'm unable to watch the Vikings today, and didn't realize until I saw a 23-7 deficit that we were getting smacked down at home by a bad team. At the time, I looked at the stat lines going across the bottom of the screen and didn't see anything at all that stood out on the Broncos' stat line; while I saw that Cousins was 15/17 with a TD and no INT at the time; and Cook had 7 rushes for 11 yards. First half deficit was 20-0. What in THE hell were the Vikings doing?? Were they, just like the Gophers yesterday, trying to force a rushing attack that wasn't working in spite of a passing game that couldn't be stopped, in route to digging their own deep hole?

It's 23-20 at the moment I am posting this, after a long Diggs TD. Cousins is now 25/31 for 251 and 2 TDs. Why do Minnesota football coaches continue to force rushing attacks in spite of successful passing attacks? Intriguing minds want to know.

Denver is better then their record, especially on D, but the 1st half was a disaster. Xavier Rhodes is getting toasted again repeatedly. He needs to be released since Zim not only won't bench him but keeps putting him on the other teams best receiver.

I see it's 23-27, 2:00 to go, Denver threatening. Vikes continue to allow Denver's putrid offense to short-pass us to death and convert bad situations (watching the ticker on ESPN). Vikes have no business being in this situation. Zimmer continues to disappoint me as a supposed "defensive mind". His reputation is much bigger than his results.

You have to give Cousins his props for this comeback.

The zebras decided the game. Two holding or pass interference calls ignored.

ZZZ. They haven't called/overturned stuff like that all year. You think everything is a conspiracy. Denver got away with multiple delay of games today as well.

ZZZ. They haven't called/overturned stuff like that all year. You think everything is a conspiracy. Denver got away with multiple delay of games today as well.

Either grabbing and holding a Jersey is a penalty or it isn’t. What is the purpose of the holding and pass interference rules, howie?

Either grabbing and holding a Jersey is a penalty or it isn’t. What is the purpose of the holding and pass interference rules, howie?

There was holding on the one they reviewed but it wasn't review-able. There's 10 plays like that in every game. On the list of game decided by bad officiating this year, this one wouldn't break the top 40.

There was holding on the one they reviewed but it wasn't review-able. There's 10 plays like that in every game. On the list of game decided by bad officiating this year, this one wouldn't break the top 40.

Holding in the end zone on the last play of the game. No penalty. If that play happens on Denver on the last play if they were on d, the flag flies. Admit it

Fant completely pushed off on the final play of the game. Damn near caught the ball because of it, too. Should have been offensive PI (and game over).

Holding in the end zone on the last play of the game. No penalty. If that play happens on Denver on the last play if they were on d, the flag flies. Admit it

Back to the ignore list gnat.

Jesus. The last play of the game? Did you not see the most obvious OPI shove in history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus. The last play of the game? Did you not see the most obvious OPI shove in history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Games with BB officiating would never get past the first play. Just a permanent loop of "There are fouls on BOTH SIDES! Replay 1st down."

Last edited:

49ers doing the Vikings a favor tonight.

Other than their matchup against Minnesota (and perhaps against the Bears defense) this might be the last losable game for Green Bay this season.

49ers doing the Vikings a favor tonight.

Other than their matchup against Minnesota (and perhaps against the Bears defense) this might be the last losable game for Green Bay this season.
True. The Vikings probably have to win out win the division. As bad as Green Bay looked last night, their remaining games outside of the Vikings are Detroit, Chicago, NYG and the Redskins. They are very likely going be 12-4 worst case and the Vikings won't have the tie-breaker. The Vikings could easily go 12-4 and be the #6 seed. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

True. The Vikings probably have to win out win the division. As bad as Green Bay looked last night, their remaining games outside of the Vikings are Detroit, Chicago, NYG and the Redskins. They are very likely going be 12-4 worst case and the Vikings won't have the tie-breaker. The Vikings could easily go 12-4 and be the #6 seed. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.
At least the #5 seed would get #4 seed (NFC East).
Not too worried about those teams.
Playing a WC against Green Bay or New Orleans is the other option at this point.
Maybe the Packers choke against Detroit and the Bears.

The NFC East is bad.

Vikings are getting pretty close to clinching a playoff spot.
If they beat Seattle, they are 99% there.

The NFC East is bad.

Vikings are getting pretty close to clinching a playoff spot.
If they beat Seattle, they are 99% there.

The way the Vikes have played lately do they have a hope of beating Seattle AT Seattle?

The way the Vikes have played lately do they have a hope of beating Seattle AT Seattle?

If you can tell me if Kirk is going to play well, or if he's going to look like a deer in the headlights, I can better provide an answer.
Yes they can beat Seattle, but we can also look like the worst team in the league against Seattle.

We're that bipolar.

By "way the Vikes have played lately" are you referring to how they've gone 6-1 in their last 7 games?

They’ve now missed 3 obvious false starts on Seattle. Who knew the 12th man actually meant the refs?

Cook fumbles, injures his shoulder and Diggs injures his knee. All on the same play. Entire season just blew up. #Minnesota Sports. And an awful penalty on Xavier Rhodes was the game changer. He should have been released by now. He's there 6th best CB.

This game is like watching a replay of the game on Saturday. Epic choke job by the hometown team.

I’m not sure what’s worse, the Vikings or the announcers. We don’t need to hear everything Wilson says.

Also Seattle still doesn’t have a penalty called against them.

Top Bottom