2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

The refs hand the Packers a win they don't deserve with several terrible calls.

awful, Awful, AWFUL reffing last night. Everyone is remembering the two nonexistent penalties for hands to the face, but don't forget the blatant uncalled pass interference on Detroit's last drive of the night. Let's do whatever possible to gift-wrap the victory for the Packers...

awful, Awful, AWFUL reffing last night. Everyone is remembering the two nonexistent penalties for hands to the face, but don't forget the blatant uncalled pass interference on Detroit's last drive of the night. Let's do whatever possible to gift-wrap the victory for the Packers...

Yes. But at least the Lions could have challenged that and didn't (because it wasn't blatant enough to get overturned.) But the hands to face calls were just awful and both probably cost the Lions the game. Why is that not reviewable?

Just give every team 2 renewable challenges and let everything be reviewable. Eliminate all booth reviews for scoring plays, TO's, last two minutes. If you used your challenges/time-outs, you're SOL. Let them know that holding etc. will only be overturned in the most extreme cases, so don't bother challenging that. (Teams already have that message on PI.)

Last edited:

Vikings 42-30 win today. Cousins with 4 td passes. Nice running by Cook. Defense didn't show up today at all.

Last edited:

Vikings 42-30 win today. Cousins with 3 td passes. Nice running by Cook. Defense didn't show up today at all.

4 TD passes for Cousins. First time he's ever done that in back-to-back weeks. Especially impressive without Thielen for most of the game.

We can stop worrying about the Bears. Mitch Trubisky is Mark Sanchez 2.0. Maybe Ponder 2.0.

Cousins is the Kyle Gibson of the Vikings. You can see it in his eyes that he doesn't have it and you know that his teammates have lost confidence in him.
You’re no smarter on football than you are on politics.

That was a joke. Lighten up, Francis. And Teddy's playing quite well.
Like anyone can tell the difference between your jokes and seriousness.

Ugly game but will take a win during a short week. But why do they keep running TE screens to Rudolph when they just drafted an athletic TE? Makes no sense to me.

Ugly game but will take a win during a short week. But why do they keep running TE screens to Rudolph when they just drafted an athletic TE? Makes no sense to me.

6-2 at the half way point with an extra few days to get ready for KC. Right where you want to be, and their only two losses were division road games. But damn, the defense has not looked good for a few weeks.

Rhodes is completely cooked. I can't recall seeing a player decline so rapidly between 27 and 29. They were targeting him almost exclusively until he went out with another injury. The D played better after that, but Keenum was also out. He should really be dropped to about 4th CB once Hill comes back next week.

Sounds like Mahomes will miss the GB game and be back for the Vikings. Bad luck there.

Nice to get the win but we didn't impress any voters last night.
I guess that doesn't matter for NFL games.

Rhodes is completely cooked. I can't recall seeing a player decline so rapidly between 27 and 29. They were targeting him almost exclusively until he went out with another injury. The D played better after that, but Keenum was also out. He should really be dropped to about 4th CB once Hill comes back next week.

Sounds like Mahomes will miss the GB game and be back for the Vikings. Bad luck there.

I just can't understand how he can decline so fast. Last night on the PI call he was in great position, why not turn around and play the ball instead of clothesline the guy like that? It was an easy interception.

I am thinking Rhodes might have to convert to Safety, he has the size. He does look horrible. G Elflein abused all day, but no suprise.
Bradbury has improved. kline seems ok.

Yes fustrating to see te screens to Rudolph, when Smith is twice as fast.

Nice to see Barr get to rush the passer more. Wait why doesnt griffin move inside on 3rd and long and play Barr at end?

Cousins is on fire. If we could pass block we would scare everyone.

6-2 at the half way point with an extra few days to get ready for KC. Right where you want to be, and their only two losses were division road games. But damn, the defense has not looked good for a few weeks.

1. Not fair the Vikings have to play their division rivals on the road first.

2. I could be wrong, but Zimmer doesnt blitz as much as he used to. His defense doesnt appear to be as aggressive as it used to be.

Not the cleanest game last night, we have to cut down on the penalties, but 6-2 is really good, especially after the 2-2 start.

Skol Vikes!!

Not the cleanest game last night, we have to cut down on the penalties, but 6-2 is really good, especially after the 2-2 start.

Skol Vikes!!

Exactly. Like all Vikings fans, I was ticked off after that abysmal showing at Soldier field (and I still place most of the blame on Zimmer for that game). However, that seems to have been the perfect wake up call. The offense is extremely balanced now, and Cousins is playing lights out. Hopefully we can keep this up.

Exactly. Like all Vikings fans, I was ticked off after that abysmal showing at Soldier field (and I still place most of the blame on Zimmer for that game). However, that seems to have been the perfect wake up call. The offense is extremely balanced now, and Cousins is playing lights out. Hopefully we can keep this up.

Had the D not forced Trubisky out of that game, I don't think the showing would have been as bad and we probably would have won the game.

I am thinking Rhodes might have to convert to Safety, he has the size. He does look horrible. G Elflein abused all day, but no suprise.
Bradbury has improved. kline seems ok.

Yes fustrating to see te screens to Rudolph, when Smith is twice as fast.

Nice to see Barr get to rush the passer more. Wait why doesnt griffin move inside on 3rd and long and play Barr at end?

Cousins is on fire. If we could pass block we would scare everyone.

He had 3 incompletions last night. Two throw aways and one dropped pass by Cook. He's looked very good lately.

Coaches change. Uniforms change. Vikings doing dumb stuff and getting arrested never changes.

Blew a .10 I believe. Not terrible but still stupid. I don't get why these guys don't have someone on call to come pick them up or drive them around. Even for a guy like him who doesn't make much in terms of the NFL, there's not reason he couldn't find someone to tag along. I'd do it for $100-$200.

Blew a .10 I believe. Not terrible but still stupid. I don't get why these guys don't have someone on call to come pick them up or drive them around. Even for a guy like him who doesn't make much in terms of the NFL, there's not reason he couldn't find someone to tag along. I'd do it for $100-$200.

An Uber or a Lyft is usually around $20. Overall drunk driving rates have dropped since they became popular. You have to almost be willfully ignorant to get a DUI these days.

Also, it's always the Vikings. When is the last time you heard about a Twins player getting arrested? Liriano got a DUI in Spring Training in ~2006. That's the last time I can recall. That and the pitching coach a few years ago.

An Uber or a Lyft is usually around $20. Overall drunk driving rates have dropped since they became popular. You have to almost be willfully ignorant to get a DUI these days.

Also, it's always the Vikings. When is the last time you heard about a Twins player getting arrested? Liriano got a DUI in Spring Training in ~2006. That's the last time I can recall. That and the pitching coach a few years ago.

Yeah, I think some of these guys like their privacy too so that's why I mentioned a friend instead. But you're right, uber or lyft is so easy to use.

Yeah, I think some of these guys like their privacy too so that's why I mentioned a friend instead. But you're right, uber or lyft is so easy to use.

Based on my experience with MSP Lift and Uber drivers, few of them would know a Viking player if they saw one. Certainly not Jaron Kearse. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know who he was if I saw him on the street either.

If that wasn't offensive PI on Watkins, then there's no way they should have called the one on the Vikings against Green Bay earlier this year. I can't stand the reviewing of PI already. Not to anyone's surprise, it's called very inconsistent.

Cousins a couple of drives ago slides a yard before the first down line like a complete wuss on third. Could have EASILY gotten the first.

If that wasn't offensive PI on Watkins, then there's no way they should have called the one on the Vikings against Green Bay earlier this year. I can't stand the reviewing of PI already. Not to anyone's surprise, it's called very inconsistent.

I get wanting it be blatant for them to overturn. But that was blatant.

Cousins a couple of drives ago slides a yard before the first down line like a complete wuss on third. Could have EASILY gotten the first.

Their trained to slide. But he wasn't even close and could have gone 2 more yards easily.

Top Bottom