2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Consider me impressed when they do this in the last 1/4 of the season. They are perennial preseason champions, and typically do well for the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the regular season, before crumbling down the stretch.

Vikings final four games each season under Mike Zimmer:

2014: 2-2
2015: 3-1
2016: 2-2
2017: 3-1
2018: 2-2

Total: 12-8 (.600)

Mike Zimmer's overall head coaching record is 49-34-1 (.589), meaning he wins at a higher rate in the "last 1/4 of the season" than he does during the "first 1/2 to 3/4 of the regular season," and he certainly does not "crumble down the stretch."

Just a terrible, awful take. Go back to the drawing board.

Fox could have put one of the two great rivalries in the 3 pm slot today: Vikings/Packers or Cowboys/Redskins. What did they choose? Broncos/Bears :rolleyes:

Fox could have put one of the two great rivalries in the 3 pm slot today: Vikings/Packers or Cowboys/Redskins. What did they choose? Broncos/Bears :rolleyes:

Who could pass up a Joe Flacco/Mike Trubisky showdown?

Vikings final four games each season under Mike Zimmer:

2014: 2-2
2015: 3-1
2016: 2-2
2017: 3-1
2018: 2-2

Total: 12-8 (.600)

Mike Zimmer's overall head coaching record is 49-34-1 (.589), meaning he wins at a higher rate in the "last 1/4 of the season" than he does during the "first 1/2 to 3/4 of the regular season," and he certainly does not "crumble down the stretch."

Just a terrible, awful take. Go back to the drawing board.

I heard on a radio show the other day that since Zimmer has been HC of the Vikings, he has crushed the rest of the league Against The Spread, ATS.

Zimmer is like 67-68% ATS, Belechick is next at about 60%, and the league average I believe was like 53%.

Not saying that makes Zimmer a great HC, but I'll take him all day long right now over the unknown alternative.

Down 21-7 and Cousins sails a pass into the stands when targeting a wide open Theilen. Good god. Defense finally shows up and forces the ball back to us.

Need to get the game down to ten or less before half.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We had about as bad a start to the game as we could and yet I still feel like we are in this game.

Tanner Morgan>Kirk Cousins

This game has started off too embarrassing to be believed. Cousins is pro level awful.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ok maybe i posted my last post too soon. After that interception I now feel we have zero chance.

I'm going to head to the loons game early and not watch the 2nd half of this bs.

Ok maybe i posted my last post too soon. After that interception I now feel we have zero chance.

I'm going to head to the loons game early and not watch the 2nd half of this bs.

We’re going to win on a Dan Bailey FG

Down 21-7 and Cousins sails a pass into the stands when targeting a wide open Theilen. Good god. Defense finally shows up and forces the ball back to us.

Need to get the game down to ten or less before half.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Did the spirit of Mitch Leidner fall upon him?

It’s Rams-Saints.

We don’t get the good game, because you know, the division. Just like we were forced Lions-Cardinals last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs has to learn to leave his helmet on when jaw-jacking the Cheesewhizzers.

The Packers are getting serious home cooking today.

Cousins makes worse decisions than any QB making guaranteed money.

Incredibly stupid throw and incredibly stupid decision not to continue to run it.

Incredibly stupid throw and incredibly stupid decision not to continue to run it.

All he had to do was throw it away. If he'd run he'd probably have fumbled. Dumbest throw I've seen in years.

Last edited:

All he had to do was throw it away. If he'd run he'd probably have fumbled. Dumbest throw I've seen in years.

I meant keep giving it to the RBs. They ran it down their throat that drive and GBs defense was gassed. Inexcusable decision by Cousins though. I’m done defending him. Rarely will I blame one person for a loss but this is one of those times.

Cousins may be the worst QB in town.
Tanner Morgan is better than him. Any of the MIAC QBs are better than him. High school QBs are better than him. Pee Wee football QBs might give him a run for the money.

There just doesn't seem to be an aligned, consistent strategy with the way the Vikes have put together this roster. Why go out and pay big money for a pocket passing QB, pay big money for two seemingly great WRs, and yet at the same time have an offensive line that actually looks like it is getting worse at pass blocking? And then decide to shift the offense back to a running mentality (which we should have stuck with yesterday). It just doesn't make sense.

Skol Vikes!!

This x 10000000000000000000

They were dominating the line of scrimmage and they couldn't stop our runs no matter whcih back was in. Run it again and we win that game easily. Learning experience for our young OC. He better f'n learn.

Also F#CK cousins, you are a veteran QB, throw the d@mn ball away. This isn't hard.

per Shama:

Cook ran for 111 yards in the season opener a week ago Sunday against the Falcons. Minnesota was one-dimensional in that game, too, but the result was better with a 28-12 win over Atlanta. Cook now has 265 yards rushing in two games, averaging 132.5 yards. Over 16 games that 132.5 multiplies to 2,120 yards.

Adrian Peterson holds the franchise single season rushing record with 2,097 yards. Cook, healthy for the first time in his three-season career with the Vikings, is a long shot to reach the lofty level of 2,000 yards but he will receive a lot of carries in an offense committed to run the football. He is one of the NFL’s elite rushers and if he stays healthy is a lock to be the franchise’s first 1,000 yard rusher since Peterson ran for 1,485 in 2015.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Skol Vikes!!

With Big Ben out for the season, Brees out for at least 6 weeks and Andrew Luck retiring...Kirk Cousins is slowly becoming a Top 10 QB that we thought we were signing!

Skol Vikes!!

Cousins may be the worst QB in town.
Tanner Morgan is better than him. Any of the MIAC QBs are better than him. High school QBs are better than him. Pee Wee football QBs might give him a run for the money.

:rolleyes:

With Big Ben out for the season, Brees out for at least 6 weeks and Andrew Luck retiring...Kirk Cousins is slowly becoming a Top 10 QB that we thought we were signing!

Skol Vikes!!

Cousins for Bridgewater!

Top Bottom