PP: P.J. Fleck: 2018 win over Badgers set tone for ‘decades of Gopher football’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Fleck also mentioned how the Gophers had three fourth-down conversions in that game, including two on the same touchdown drive to take a 10-0 lead in the second quarter.

“We went for it on fourth down three times because we were going to go win the game!” Fleck said. “We were going to go win it! We weren’t going to sit there and say, ‘Let's play field position.’ We were going to go win the game because that game, in my opinion, set the entire tone for the next two or three decades of Gopher football.”

Fleck is 1-1 with the Gophers against Wisconsin, but last year’s result avenged the Badgers’ 31-0 rout in 2017. Then, last year’s Gophers went on to blow out Georgia Tech 34-10 at the Quick Lane Bowl in December to become the first team in program history to win its final regular-season game and a bowl game in the same year.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/spor...ers-set-tone-for-‘decades-of-Gopher-football’

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

Fleck also mentioned how the Gophers had three fourth-down conversions in that game, including two on the same touchdown drive to take a 10-0 lead in the second quarter.

“We went for it on fourth down three times because we were going to go win the game!” Fleck said. “We were going to go win it! We weren’t going to sit there and say, ‘Let's play field position.’ We were going to go win the game because that game, in my opinion, set the entire tone for the next two or three decades of Gopher football.”

Fleck is 1-1 with the Gophers against Wisconsin, but last year’s result avenged the Badgers’ 31-0 rout in 2017. Then, last year’s Gophers went on to blow out Georgia Tech 34-10 at the Quick Lane Bowl in December to become the first team in program history to win its final regular-season game and a bowl game in the same year.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/spor...ers-set-tone-for-‘decades-of-Gopher-football’

Go Gophers!!

This is one of the main reasons I believe Fleck can and will elevate this program to the next level. He's going to maximize everything he can from the players. Kill wasn't willing to do that.

Top Bottom