View Poll Results: 2019 Regular Season Wins Poll!

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11 or 12

    10 10.75%
  • 10

    9 9.68%
  • 9

    33 35.48%
  • 8

    29 31.18%
  • 7

    10 10.75%
  • Every party needs a pooper

    2 2.15%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Yeh, Spoofin gets it.

    This video shows what "Barely touching" is.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBv5DBl9SjE
    If you are going to deduct points for a close win at home to a bad team, do they get bonus points for taking the big ten champs to OT on the road? What about for having their only loss by more than one score being a 14 point loss to a top 10 team on the road? Or having no losses to any team worse than a 6-3 big ten team?

    If next year, Fleck wins 9 games, including the bowl game, the three out of conference games, and every game against big ten teams that are 5-4 or worse, I promise I will not rip on him or the team when it is over for how close the wins were. Pretty sure you would praise him after such a season too.


  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    They were, indeed, ahead. And there's no question that that fact alone makes the loss very disappointing.

    But it must be said that the Gophers took the eventual B1G Champions to overtime — on the Nittany Lions home field, in front of a huge, hostile crowd.

    They also went 9-3 over the remainder of that season.

    "Solid" is a very good word to describe that team, and that season.
    It could also be said that the game was somewhat of a turning point for both teams. We had a real chance to win the division with a win in that game and a home game against Iowa the next game. Instead, we gave up a few big plays and let PSU back into the game. I was at that game. The PSU crowd was out of the game and dejected late in that game. If PSU loses that game, their season might have gone in the toilet like when Mase beat them.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    It could also be said that the game was somewhat of a turning point for both teams. We had a real chance to win the division with a win in that game and a home game against Iowa the next game. Instead, we gave up a few big plays and let PSU back into the game. I was at that game. The PSU crowd was out of the game and dejected late in that game. If PSU loses that game, their season might have gone in the toilet like when Mase beat them.
    We are really reaching if we are going down the road of "well, sure, they were the big champs, but they weren't really that good because maybe if we had beaten them, it would have launched them into a tailspin that they would have never recovered from."

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    We are really reaching if we are going down the road of "well, sure, they were the big champs, but they weren't really that good because maybe if we had beaten them, it would have launched them into a tailspin that they would have never recovered from."
    Not really. They got beat by a decent Pitt team that later upset Clemson and got smoked by Michigan. They were sitting at 2-2 going into our game.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    It could also be said that the game was somewhat of a turning point for both teams. We had a real chance to win the division with a win in that game and a home game against Iowa the next game. Instead, we gave up a few big plays and let PSU back into the game. I was at that game. The PSU crowd was out of the game and dejected late in that game. If PSU loses that game, their season might have gone in the toilet like when Mase beat them.
    Can the very first conference game of the season really be a 'turning point' for both teams?

    If we'd won two of the four games we lost, then, yes... we would have had an even better season. But couldn't you say that for most any 9-4 team?
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  6. #66

    Default

    You don't get points for almost beating a Penn St team who lost 49-10 to Michigan the week prior.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Can the very first conference game of the season really be a 'turning point' for both teams?

    If we'd won two of the four games we lost, then, yes... we would have had an even better season. But couldn't you say that for most any 9-4 team?
    I think it can be. We can disagree.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    You don't get points for almost beating a Penn St team who lost 49-10 to Michigan the week prior.
    I dont like giving out points for almost wins of any kind, but on the flip side, I also dont deduct points for almost losses. I just dont understand the bizarre effort to minimize the accomplishments of our winningest team in quite a while.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    I dont like giving out points for almost wins of any kind, but on the flip side, I also dont deduct points for almost losses. I just dont understand the bizarre effort to minimize the accomplishments of our winningest team in quite a while.
    It makes them feel better about the firing.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    You don't get points for almost beating a Penn St team who lost 49-10 to Michigan the week prior.
    So last year, we shouldn't think of our loss to Ohio state as a loss to the eventual big ten champs, but rather a humiliation at the hands of a team that lost to Purdue by 29 one week later? Or do these standards only apply to 2016?

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    You don't get points for almost beating a Penn St team who lost 49-10 to Michigan the week prior.
    Really? ZERO points?

    Even though Penn State eventually won that dumb, silly ol' B1G Championship thing-a-ma-bob?
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    I dont like giving out points for almost wins of any kind, but on the flip side, I also dont deduct points for almost losses. I just dont understand the bizarre effort to minimize the accomplishments of our winningest team in quite a while.
    I know. I don't understand it either.

    In my case, it's probably because I wasn't 'here' during the (apparently very polarizing) Claeys stint.
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    So last year, we shouldn't think of our loss to Ohio state as a loss to the eventual big ten champs, but rather a humiliation at the hands of a team that lost to Purdue by 29 one week later? Or do these standards only apply to 2016?
    It depends on if your team is excelling socially, spiritually, and academically in that case.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Saint Simons Is. Ga, Lalkeland Fl.
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    If you are going to deduct points for a close win at home to a bad team, do they get bonus points for taking the big ten champs to OT on the road? What about for having their only loss by more than one score being a 14 point loss to a top 10 team on the road? Or having no losses to any team worse than a 6-3 big ten team?

    If next year, Fleck wins 9 games, including the bowl game, the three out of conference games, and every game against big ten teams that are 5-4 or worse, I promise I will not rip on him or the team when it is over for how close the wins were. Pretty sure you would praise him after such a season too.
    You don't deduct points for a win no matter if it by 1 -3-6 or 7 points. A win is a win. You can argue the point that a close game against an FCS team doesn't help much or that a loss to an FCS team will heart you worse than a close loss to a G5 or P5 bottom dwelling team. If you look at W/L over the years it is better to lose early than late in the season.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 07-27-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,520

    Default

    Not many folks on hear having the guys to predict a win total. A lot of talk though. How many wins???

    I say 11! Pick one number and post it, then discuss. What’s your prediction??? One number.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •