So let’s do it! 2019 season prediction thread!

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-W
wi-W

That’s right, 11-1 boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-L
@IA-W
@NW-L
WI-W

9-3. Go Gophers!

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-L
@IA-L
@NW-L
wi-L

7-5 - Lots of crying losing the last 4. Many Mason Years memories brought up about fading late.

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-W
WI-W

Same as above 11-1

SoDakSt W
FresSt W
GASo W
Pur W
IL W
NE W
Rut W
MD W
PSU W
IA W
NW W
WI W
BCG W
Bowl game W
NCG W

Change my mind!

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-L
@IA-L
@NW-L
wi-L

7-5 - Lots of crying losing the last 4. Many Mason Years memories brought up about fading late.
And like most of those Mason years dropping an early one in West Lafayette

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-L
@IA-W
@NW-L
wi-W

Honestly, no idea. How good will the other teams be?

Pure guesswork:
SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-W
@NW-L
WI-W

Last year I was extremely down on the team after the debacle of 2017. This year it’s the opposite and I choose to....believe (until proven otherwise).

SDSU - W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-W
wi-W

10-2.

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GSU-W
@Purdue-W
Nebraska-W
Illinois-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-L
@Iowa-L
@NW-L
Wisconsin-L

8-4

Last edited:

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-L
WI-W

10-2

Now that would be a heartbreaking season. Start out 8-0 and finish with 4 straight losses.....ouch.

Yes, it would be.

I know I'm the eternal optimist, but I can't see that happening. If (big if, I know) they won the first 8 games, they would have to be feeling pretty confident at that point. The team would have lots of good, positive momentum. They might even be getting some positive attention from our esteemed local sporting media! Fleck will have them ultra-focused, eyes on the prize.

If they put themselves in that position, I just can't see them going 0-4 coming down the stretch.

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-L
@Rutgers-W
MD-L
PSU-L
@IA-L
@NW-W
wi-L

7-5

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-L
wi-W

10-2
Iowa wins the division

I dont make predictions until I hear what BayfieldGopher has to say.

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-L
wi-W

10-2
Iowa wins the division

If the Gophers finish 7-2 in the B1G but lose to Iowa, then Iowa would have to be, at worst, 7-2 in the B1G as well.

Iowa plays at Michigan, at Northwestern, at Wisconsin, at Nebraska and they also play Penn State at Kinnick.

It's possible. Iowa will be good this year. I don't know if they'll be that good, though.

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-W
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-L
WI-W

10-2

To me, this seems about right. I agree with these picks. 10-2... it would be great, wouldn't it?

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W
@Purdue-W
IL-W
NE-W
@Rutgers-W
MD-L
PSU-W
@IA-L
@NW-L
wi-W
MI-L (Big Ten Championship)
Mizzou-W (Outback Bowl)

9-3 regular season. Gophers win West in a tiebreaker with Wisconsin and Nebraska at 6-3 on head to head wins. Lose to Michigan in Indy. Rematch with Mizzou in Florida at the Outback Bowl goes our way to end up 10-4 overall.

Yes, it would be.

I know I'm the eternal optimist, but I can't see that happening. If (big if, I know) they won the first 8 games, they would have to be feeling pretty confident at that point. The team would have lots of good, positive momentum. They might even be getting some positive attention from our esteemed local sporting media! Fleck will have them ultra-focused, eyes on the prize.

If they put themselves in that position, I just can't see them going 0-4 coming down the stretch.

I know it probably won’t happen like that but I think this is an 8-4 team talent wise and I think the 4 last games are the 4 hardest.

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W

@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-L

@Rutgers-W
MD-W

PSU-L
@IA-L
@NW-L
WI-W

7-5

Still an improvement over 6-6. Damn tough division + Penn St. Will be an improved bowl, with a Texas A&M type opponent. Hope for 8-5 overall record, which would align nicely with Fleck 3rd year at W Michigan. And we all know what happened in 4th year.

If the Gophers finish 7-2 in the B1G but lose to Iowa, then Iowa would have to be, at worst, 7-2 in the B1G as well.

Iowa plays at Michigan, at Northwestern, at Wisconsin, at Nebraska and they also play Penn State at Kinnick.

It's possible. Iowa will be good this year. I don't know if they'll be that good, though.

I think Iowa finishes 11-1 this year.

Penn State will be a 6-8 win team.
I honestly think Northwestern could start 2-6
Wisconsin’s offense will be worse, if their defense isn’t lights out they’re looking at a 6-8 win campaign.

Nebraska and Michigan are their two most likely losses. I think they split those games.

The schedule for Iowa isn’t as tough as you think.

I think Iowa finishes 11-1 this year.

Wisconsin’s offense will be worse, if their defense isn’t lights out they’re looking at a 6-8 win campaign.

Nebraska and Michigan are their two most likely losses. I think they split those games.

The schedule for Iowa isn’t as tough as you think.

I like Iowa too, although I don't think I like them as much as you do.

Ferentz has been head coach at Iowa since 1999, and in 20 seasons he's won 11 or more games just three times, and only twice if you're not counting bowl game wins.

Surprisingly, Iowa has finished in the Top 25 only seven times during the Ferentz era. I would have thought they would have been ranked more times than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Ferentz

I know it probably won’t happen like that but I think this is an 8-4 team talent wise and I think the 4 last games are the 4 hardest.

What you say makes perfect sense.

So then the question becomes: where do Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Purdue and Northwestern sit on the talent scale? And how difficult is the schedule for each of them?

There's been a near consensus on how the B1G West is competitive and equally-matched. If that's true, these teams will be beating each other up and knocking each other off.

These are wishful thinking, I’m afraid. Penn St reloads. NW has a five star Clemson transfer at QB. Wisconsin has Jon Taylor, and they always have a big OL.

These are wishful thinking, I’m afraid. Penn St reloads. NW has a five star Clemson transfer at QB. Wisconsin has Jon Taylor, and they always have a big OL.

Taylor is a great college runner and the Wisconsin o-line is always good, although I believe they lost a few starters off last year's group.

That being said, Taylor and their o-line — good as they clearly are — were no match for the Gophers last season.

From ESPN's B1G West preview:

"In terms of turnover, the biggest questions come in units Wisconsin usually owns. The Badgers have to replace four starting offensive linemen, including two All-American guards (Michael Deiter and Beau Benzschawel) and 2017 All-American tackle David Edwards. This is Wisconsin, so there's no shortage of large, cornfed beasts, but the experience level is down a couple of pegs.

The Badgers also lose their top three TFL leaders, all linebackers. The line is more experienced, but OLB Zack Baun is the only known playmaker in the front seven. The secondary should be better, but that would only matter so much if the pass rush falls off a cliff."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-west-preview-almost-anything-possible-season

Last edited:

SDSU-W
@FSU-W
GS-W

@Purdue-L
IL-W
NE-L

@Rutgers-W
MD-W

PSU-L
@IA-L
@NW-L