...May be an improved team, but not have an improved record...

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
Someone writes this about the Gophers every single stinking year. The team will be better than last year, but their record might not be improved. It's a summer fixture in Minnesota.

I haven't even read the previews. Just tell me who wrote it this year.

Someone writes this about the Gophers every single stinking year. The team will be better than last year, but their record might not be improved. It's a summer fixture in Minnesota.

I haven't even read the previews. Just tell me who wrote it this year.

Nobody. Because many years the schedule gets tougher, but this year it gets more manageable. If they are 5-7 or worse...it means they are a worse team than last year.

Nobody. Because many years the schedule gets tougher, but this year it gets more manageable. If they are 5-7 or worse...it means they are a worse team than last year.

I wouldn't bet the ranch. It's a lazy writer staple. I'll be shocked if nobody trots it out.

I don't know what the record will be, but if our record doesn't improve it will make recruiting that much harder, and it will hurt attendance.

Recruiting and attendance are both pretty important to this or any program, and they are also two of the main reasons Claeys was fired and Fleck was hired.

There are years that makes sense.

From how things stand now, that doesn't make sense.

It's always possible some teams turn into world beaters that we don't expect so it could be true later... but for now it doesn't make a lot of sense to say that.

If there were a year where that wouldn't be said, it would be this year.

They were 6-6 last year, and they appear like they should have won more games than that.

3-0 non conf

Hard to say we would be better this year if we lost to Purdue and Wisconsin

Should have a chance to pick up a game or two vs Illinois, Maryland, and Nebraska

We exchange Indiana for Rutgers
OSU for PSU - about the same

Not sure how we could be better than last year and not have a chance to beat NW this year.
Same with Iowa. Lost last year, can't do worse than that really.

As long as this team is changing their best everyday, that's all that matters.

Top Bottom