Biggest worry for the 2019 season

- Safety. Will Winfield stay healthy? How does Sapp perform in his first extended stint playing defense in years? Does Howden improve? Huff played really well last year and was a stabilizer. We may not have that if Winfield gets hurt.

This for me.

Maybe they’ll move a couple people to safety. How about Benjamin St-Juste? I know it’s easier said than done, but it seems like a more natural position for someone of that size and build, and I don’t think he has blazing speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In no particular order:

- Defensive tackle. Two guys we are counting on heavily, Dew-Treadway and Schad, have never played a snap for us. Teague played well at the end of last year but is still just a true sophomore. Renner and/or a freshman may be the 4th guy. Not a lot of proven experience. D-line takes time to build and we are still suffering from the neglect of the last staff.

- Offensive Line Depth. Our top 4 are impressive- the best since the Mason days. After that we have numbers but a lot of young, unproven players. If we have an injury or two this group may take a step back.

- Safety. Will Winfield stay healthy? How does Sapp perform in his first extended stint playing defense in years? Does Howden improve? Huff played really well last year and was a stabilizer. We may not have that if Winfield gets hurt.

- Quarterback Play. Morgan and Annexstad are serviceable, but will they elevate the offense? Can they take a step forward and can one of them be one of the top 5-6 QBs in the B1G?

-I don't disagree that DT is largely unproven, but Renner actually played great last year I thought. Very underrated. Teague played great. I'm very high on D'Angelo Carter, think he could play as a Fr. Dew Treadway just needs to eat up blockers.

-Very high on JMSchmitz. i think he may force Blaise to T.

-Hoping Sapp stays healthy. He could be a huge difference maker.

Do we have enough spots in our locker room for all the traveling trophies we'll be winning, including of course the treasured Broken Bits.

That Ryan Leaf and Beth Mowins will be the "go-to" broadcast team for Gopher games.

1. Staying healthy.
2. How good are the back ups? We are slowly developing quality team depth.
3. Not letting winnable games get away.

Has PJ ever spoken much about bringing in some JUCO dbags?

Jeshurun may have uncovered a whole world of recruits that are undervalued out there... this could be huge.

Top Bottom