Christopherson: Don't be shocked if Minnesota is 5-0 when the Huskers come to town

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Brian:

Don't be shocked if Minnesota is 5-0 when the Huskers come to town. The non-con schedule is completely manageable to start 3-0 again, though the second-week game at Fresno State is worth watching to get an early gauge on the Gophers. I think the one potential hiccup for this team before Nebraska, and sneaky important game in the wide-open West race, is when Fleck's team heads to Purdue on Sept. 28. The crossover games for Minnesota are Maryland, Rutgers and Penn State. A good chance to go at least 2-1 off that, but not cake either after you look past Rutgers, and a reminder that Maryland (which also plays Nebraska this year) could play an important piece in the West race. Would I pick Minnesota to win the division? Not with the QB uncertainty and without complete faith the defense is going to be what we saw in November and not the mess it was in October. But in a year when any of six teams could seemingly take it, the Gophers belong in the conversation as much as any.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...9-season-preview-Minnesota-Gophers-133653566/

Go Gophers!!

Personally I believe were in pretty good shape with the quarterback situation. Line should be stronger with a solid running back core along with the wide receivers. The QBs have a had a year to improve from last year so I wouldn't think this is a weak link that some people are speculating on or at least questioning about.

I just received my first NAD in the mail...it was the swimsuit edition ��

Personally I believe were in pretty good shape with the quarterback situation. Line should be stronger with a solid running back core along with the wide receivers. The QBs have a had a year to improve from last year so I wouldn't think this is a weak link that some people are speculating on or at least questioning about.

I don't get all the doubt, we're not asking the QB to carry the team, but both showed ability last year and I expect them to be even better. I'm confident with whoever we go with

I don't get all the doubt, we're not asking the QB to carry the team, but both showed ability last year and I expect them to be even better. I'm confident with whoever we go with

When it comes to outside media. The very first thing they look for in a team is who will start at QB. If they dont have someone that scares the crap out of their opponent they will question the ceiling of the team right off the bat. Both are young guys who gained valuable experience but media critics dont just assume that players will improve unless the coach is known for it or the player was considered high profile etc..

Similarly, nobody in the media expects Nebraskas defense to improve much. Husker fans want to believe it obviously but what evidence do outsiders have that it will? We are all drinking our own koolaid. Week 6 is an important one for the West division. Head to head matchups are more important than ever. You never know which win will propel you to the top this year.

Edit* Christopherson may be my vote for best writer in our state. Guy knows what hes talking about. just fyi

Last edited:

Top Bottom