Jon Rothstein: Big Ten Offseason Power Rankings (#13. Minnesota)

They also lost Cline and Eifert. There strong up front, but they're way to unproven in the backcourt for that high of a ranking

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've said it before, but I'm expecting Purdue to again be one of the stronger teams in the Big Ten. I'm sure they will look different, and their offense will probably take a hit, but they could make up for that with improved defense.

I think the most telling thing about the preseason power rankings is that the media’s love affair with Collins is over.

Iowa recently got a grad-transfer PG, so McCaffrey and him should be able to hold down the fort at that position. Now is Bohannen better? Absolutely, but I think the bigger hit was the departure of Moss. Big-time shooter and one of their best defenders.

Nah, Bohannan is a bigger loss than Moss. Bohannon single-handedly won four or five games for Iowa last year, which was the difference in them making the NCAA instead of the NIT or nothing. Bohannan did disappear a time or two, but came up huge a lot, including a key stretch of games during Big Ten play.

Moss averaged 9 points per game for the season. In the last 14 games of the season, when Iowa went in the tank, Moss scored 0 points twice and 10 or less seven more times. His has a mediocre assist/turnover rate for a guard. I think Minnesota fans get skewed because his best games (including last year's season high and his career high two years ago) came against us. Let's put it this way, if Kansas is counting on Moss to lead them to the Final Four, he better get a lot better. He was a marginal factor on a middle of the pack Big Ten team the past three years.

I've said it before, but I'm expecting Purdue to again be one of the stronger teams in the Big Ten. I'm sure they will look different, and their offense will probably take a hit, but they could make up for that with improved defense.
Sparty, Maryland, OSU, Illini and Michigan are all better. Purdue IMO is in a tier with Minny, Wisco and PSU and IU for 6-10

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom