3 Minnesota games on BTN tomorrow 7/14

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
Starting at 7:00am Minnesota time

2014 Purdue 39-38 long Santoso FG to lead. Great pick by Thompson to seal.
2014 at Nebraska 28-24 the great Boddy-Calhoun steal.
2013 at Indiana 42-39 Nelson to Williams go ahead. Aaron Hill picks up the lateral.

Fun!

2013 at Indiana 42-39 Nelson to Williams go ahead. Aaron Hill picks up the lateral.

Fun!

That's a good heads-up. Thank you. I think I'll have the DVR humming while I watch Federer/Joker.

Fun!

Hard to believe we played Indiana twice in 6 seasons.

I’d like to see the Jug victory with Mitch, Cobb, Maxx et al. This was the infamous Shane Morris concussion protocol faux pas under Hoke.

Last edited:

They had on that Nebraska game the other day and it took me back to just how much of a grind games were under the Kill crew. They truly beat the fight out of their opponents lol. I miss Cobb, Maxx and Lingen, the DBs especially Murray and BBC even miss the grand debates over Mitch. Looking back I definitely didn’t appreciate Liedner as much as I should have. Those were really fun times as a fan.

The Fleck teams are definitely easier on the eye and personally believe the ceiling’s a bit higher with this staff but will always have a soft spot for the Kill era teams.

Hard to believe we played Indiana twice in 6 seasons.

It's even worse than that. It's been 2 times in the last 11 seasons, and it won't happen in the next 2 either. My parents are IU alums and we keep trying to see a game in Bloomington. I'm hoping they finally play while we still can.

They had on that Nebraska game the other day and it took me back to just how much of a grind games were under the Kill crew. They truly beat the fight out of their opponents lol. I miss Cobb, Maxx and Lingen, the DBs especially Murray and BBC even miss the grand debates over Mitch. Looking back I definitely didn’t appreciate Liedner as much as I should have. Those were really fun times as a fan.

The Fleck teams are definitely easier on the eye and personally believe the ceiling’s a bit higher with this staff but will always have a soft spot for the Kill era teams.

Few do. All he did was produce touchdowns.

Fun!

Man that Boddy-Calhoun int will probabbly be one of my fav plays of Gopher history. Love that tug and second tug to take it.

Yeah I felt like the more conservative (granted players play into that) Kill style grind... just allowed the other team to eventually out talent us. We could hold, but for the whole game it was really hard.

I think Fleck’s preferred style is conservative too. The Purdue, Wisconsin and GT games are the blueprint. The threat of the big play makes that style of play possible. Obviously, they need to connect on some big plays to force the opposition to defend the entire field. During the Kill era, the big plays in the passing game were few and far between. They didn’t have the receivers or the OL, so the big plays had to be created with the running game, which kept them in some close games against good teams, but once the opposition got a decent lead, they just teed off on the QB. The end result was lots of 3 and outs and bad interceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that Boddy-Calhoun int will probabbly be one of my fav plays of Gopher history. Love that tug and second tug to take it.

I would agree. I remember being both excited and confused on what/how it happened. BBC was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom