Ihnen in the FIBA European Championships

DeathClutch

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for the scouting report. I’m even more excited for the scrimmage now. The trolls on this board will not like to read this, but I sure enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the game on you tube, Ilhan came off the bench, came in at the 8 minute mark of the second quarter. First play he hit a three with a hand in his face, which was by far the most impressive play of the game at that point. Stayed in for six minutes, very active on D forced alot of mistakes in the press. Had a nice board, brought the ball up and made a nice pass across the court. Germans were down by one when he came in and were up seven when he left and Latvia cut it to three when he left before half. Only mistake was Ilhan was late on a rotation and his man hit a three.
Came back in the fourth and had a nice reverse and one. Next play he had a nice block, tipped it to himself and zipped a nice pass to a teammate who hit a transition three. Clearly the most athletically gifted guy on the court. Germany's backup center is Lars Tillerman, going to Cal and their back up PG Sam Geisel is at NDSU. The best player was their starting center Hermhecker, did what ever he wanted, but Ilhan definitely looked the part. He was plus six in his first stint and plus eleven in his fourth quarter stint. I would compare Latvia to a D2 team, Germany had talent, but they're probably about as good as a mediocre mid major program. Ilhan looked good, but not good enough start in the big ten yet, but I think once he gets here and up to speed he will be a good rotational player. Curious his role will expand as the tournament progresses

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Watched the game on you tube, Ilhan came off the bench, came in at the 8 minute mark of the second quarter. First play he hit a three with a hand in his face, which was by far the most impressive play of the game at that point. Stayed in for six minutes, very active on D forced alot of mistakes in the press. Had a nice board, brought the ball up and made a nice pass across the court. Germans were down by one when he came in and were up seven when he left and Latvia cut it to three when he left before half. Only mistake was Ilhan was late on a rotation and his man hit a three.
Came back in the fourth and had a nice reverse and one. Next play he had a nice block, tipped it to himself and zipped a nice pass to a teammate who hit a transition three. Clearly the most athletically gifted guy on the court. Germany's backup center is Lars Tillerman, going to Cal and their back up PG Sam Geisel is at NDSU. The best player was their starting center Hermhecker, did what ever he wanted, but Ilhan definitely looked the part. He was plus six in his first stint and plus eleven in his fourth quarter stint. I would compare Latvia to a D2 team, Germany had talent, but they're probably about as good as a mediocre mid major program. Ilhan looked good, but not good enough start in the big ten yet, but I think once he gets here and up to speed he will be a good rotational player. Curious his role will expand as the tournament progresses

Thanks for the write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raw. slender but moves well. Needs to bulk up and put in a lot of work before he is BIG ready. He seemed disconnected from the flow of the game and didn't get many touches.

IMO, he will not be a major factor and I agree with bemidji that he is not good enough to start.

Raw. slender but moves well. Needs to bulk up and put in a lot of work before he is BIG ready. He seemed disconnected from the flow of the game and didn't get many touches.

IMO, he will not be a major factor and I agree with bemidji that he is not good enough to start.

So we're going to base his entire freshman year off 11 minutes in 1 international game? Good Lord, give the kid a chance to get his feet wet on campus.

Today was a tougher day for Ilhan. Played about 17 minutes, had seven points, couple assist and a couple boards, one block, but I would say defensively he had a tough day. Croations got hot from three in the second quarter, they moved the ball really well. Germans just didn't have the guards to keep up. Even on Ilhan block, it went to an open croation, who made a three. Ilhan did go coast to coast once, beat his guy at the top of the key and drove over the help defense, also showed a nice Kareem style hook shot on another play. He can do things other guys can't do, maybe it's because he's the youngest guy in the roster so it might be hard, but he needs to assert himself more in offense

Ihnen played just over 5 minutes in loss to Spain. 0-3 from field, 1 board, 1 block, 1 foul.

Top Bottom