Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ranking the Toughest Games on the Cornhuskers' Schedule (7. Oct. 12 at Minnesota)

per Athlon:

7. Oct. 12 at Minnesota

The Golden Gophers are being served up the perfect opportunity to jump a gassed bunch of Huskers. Regardless of their record, Nebraska will have faced Ohio State and a Northwestern team that always provides a challenge.

Much like several other teams on this list, Minnesota is scrambling for signal-caller stability. Zack Annexstad and Tanner Morgan went back and forth during the spring, but a lasting starter might not even be named by mid-October. Keep in mind both played in Frost's first win last year, a 53-28 affair.

Goldy and crew feature a trio of wide receivers that can assist, but with poorly thrown balls, that won't make a difference. They also tout legitimate enforcers on defense, including do-it-all playmaker Carter Coughlin. He's shown the size, speed, and agility to make an impact, but he can't do it all himself.

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...-schedule-2019

Go Gophers!!

Bulletin board material right there. We're not getting enough respect.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

They are the most-hyped, over-confident 4-8 team I've ever seen.

I really, really, REALLY want to beat Nebraska in 2019.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Gophers are their 7th hardest game! Hey, we made single digits!

The University of Nebraska - where humility goes to die.

"Zack Annexstad and Tanner Morgan went back and forth during the spring, but a lasting starter might not even be named by mid-October. Keep in mind both played in Frost's first win last year, a 53-28 affair."

So it's their fault Minnesota lost that one. Not the 53 points that were scored against them.

"Goldy and crew feature a trio of wide receivers that can assist, but with poorly thrown balls, that won't make a difference."

Oh yeah, I want Tyler Johnson to light them up like Randy Moss now.
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

I like Nebraska fans in general, but Frost rubs me the wrong way the same way many here aren't big PJ fans. I'm hoping for reinstating the gopher beat down, that will be viewed as the watershed moment that led to a coach getting fired, when we play them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDog1 View Post
    The University of Nebraska - where humility goes to die.
    Apparently reason is buried next to humility...

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan View Post
    I like Nebraska fans in general, but Frost rubs me the wrong way the same way many here aren't big PJ fans. I'm hoping for reinstating the gopher beat down, that will be viewed as the watershed moment that led to a coach getting fired, when we play them this year.
    While I would relish in Gophs getting a 3rd Nebby HC fired, it won't happen next year or the year after IMHO. Frost will get ample chance to succeed there.

If we are there 7th roughest game it’ll make a lot of sense when they go 5-7

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    While I would relish in Gophs getting a 3rd Nebby HC fired, it won't happen next year or the year after IMHO. Frost will get ample chance to succeed there.
    Frost probably gets 6 years regardless of how bad they are...because if Frost fails the Nebraska football program as it was known until about 2002 is dead.

It would be like the gophers hiring tony dungy. If the gophers hired dungy he would get 6 years even if they were 0-12 each season.

Firing frost to me would signal Nebraska can’t be fixed by anyone.

These guys are absolutely drunk if they think MN will be the 7th toughest team. More like 4th at worst and 2nd at best. Minnesota man handled Purdue and WI last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their sis no way the Huskers can beat the Gophers with the new battle cry played on the Big Screen!

You can thank me after you beat them!

I send you this as your battle cry against Nebraska!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHHrI47oE30
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

By ESPN FPI, the percent chance NEB has to win the following games are such:

In order from best to worst (easiest opponent to toughest).

South Alabama - 98%
    NIU - 91%

Illinois - 75%
    NW - 72.7%
    Indiana - 72.3%
    Wisconsin - 66.6%
    Purdue - 64.3%
    Colorado - 64.3%
    Maryland - 64.1%

Iowa 51.4%

OSU - 42%
    Minnesota - 39.5%

By ESPN, Minnesota will be their toughest game with only a 39.5% chance of a Nebraska win.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"