Media Prediction Thread: Minnesota at Fresno State

Probably not featured on the JumboTron at Fresno though... ;)

I thought the catch on 3rd and 9 on the Gopher's last scoring drive would be the highlight of the day - until the interception. That was an amazing job to escape from being sacked and the catch was also amazing.

We beat Fresno with the absence of a competent defensive coordinator.
That was quite an accomplishment.

IMO Smith got worse at the season went on.
The more time he had to change things the worse it got. At the beginning of the season he ran pretty simple stuff that guys could execute.

I get the idea that the fans have optimism for the upcoming season. Everyone is 0-0 and typically speaking interest is good before the season starts. However sportswriters need to do more homework before going to press. They don't seem to mind the back lash however with their poor journalism as evident by Pat Reusse with his shoddy work. They think it is creating more interest and enjoy getting people upset with their false narratives. I've given up reading his articles long ago. Once an alcoholic always a alcoholic, once a poor journalist, always a poor journalist.

FYI - I am a recovering alcoholic. I will be an alcoholic until the day I die. My only choice in the matter is whether I will drink today. So far today, I haven't. But, for the record, there are a lot of recovering alcoholics who have made positive changes in their lives. You can rip Reusse all you want for what he writes, but I give him credit for admitting he had a problem and doing something about it.

IMO Smith got worse at the season went on.
The more time he had to change things the worse it got. At the beginning of the season he ran pretty simple stuff that guys could execute.

Most of them had playing experience under him in 2017 and played unbelievably better immediately after he was fired. so I don't buy your simple stuff/execution argument. It started to become apparent against MD that something was amiss...or as some have argued...with the last two games in 2017.

MD had three plays of 50+ yards, all for scores.

Not surprised since you just hear what you want to hear. :)

Well, that’s sort of an unknowable condition isn’t it. If I don’t hear or see something I hear or read then I won’t know that I heard or read it and will remain ignorant. If I only heard, read, or remember a coach’s statements that make sense then I may take issue with another person that quotes said coach because I don’t remember hearing it or reading it. Or, maybe I just don’t know how many people are on the team or how many games we’ve won or how old the team is. I’m genuinely curious if coach has stated how experienced we are in numerical terms or ranking terms since that is a common thing.

Mountain West Wire is the first out of the gate:

Early Prediction

Frankly, Minnesota was fortunate to steal the win from Fresno State last season. Even though both sides will miss a few stars in the rematch, it should be just as much of a back-and-forth endeavor as the original and, all things being equal, perhaps the home-field advantage will be what it takes to swing last year’s result. It may not be flashy, but it should be good enough. Fresno State 24, Minnesota 23

https://mwwire.com/2019/07/11/fresno-state-football-first-look-at-the-minnesota-golden-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

NOW THAT, is the definition of a homer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the catch on 3rd and 9 on the Gopher's last scoring drive would be the highlight of the day - until the interception. That was an amazing job to escape from being sacked and the catch was also amazing.

Those were some really good hints that "Hey .... this team can be exciting."

Despite great players here or there, were really haven't had an offense in ages that felt like they could make those "OMG he was in?" kinda plays multiple times a game.... when it is needed.

Top Bottom