Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    When was the last time a guy who was strictly an RT went top 5 overall? He'd have to demonstrate he can play LT at the next level and to do that, he'd probably have to loose 80 pounds to be a top 5 pick at LT which I doubt happens.

    His absolute ceiling would probably be middle of the first but that is probably a bit of an optimistic projection as of now.
    I believe Lane Johnson RT out of Oklahoma went #4 overall maybe 8-10 years ago


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #17

    Default

    He's a junior eh Athlon? The journalistic ineptitude amazes me these days.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    When was the last time a guy who was strictly an RT went top 5 overall? He'd have to demonstrate he can play LT at the next level and to do that, he'd probably have to loose 80 pounds to be a top 5 pick at LT which I doubt happens.

    His absolute ceiling would probably be middle of the first but that is probably a bit of an optimistic projection as of now.
    While I agree with you about the RT thing, Faalele would be canceling out his uniqueness by dropping 80 lbs to move left. If it’s a choice between a monster, game changing RT and a run-of-the-mill LT, you obviously choose the game changer.

    One thing that would impact his value if he stayed on the right side is his upside as a run blocker. 400 lbs getting to the second level is impossible to defend and might get him drafted higher the traditional RT ceiling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    I believe Lane Johnson RT out of Oklahoma went #4 overall maybe 8-10 years ago


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lane Johnson played LT his senior year at OU and was projected as an LT when he was drafted.

    I'm talking about someone who is strictly a right tackle. A 6-7+, 330+ pound guy. I don't remember anyone like that going top 5, at least not recently.

    DJ Fluker from Alabama is the highest I remember a massive OT getting drafted and he went 11. Orlando Brown from OU was a projected mid-late first rounder at RT two years ago before his weak combine performance. Other than those two can't really think of any massive first round OT's.
    Last edited by die hard gopher; 07-11-2019 at 02:04 PM.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherphile View Post
    While I agree with you about the RT thing, Faalele would be canceling out his uniqueness by dropping 80 lbs to move left. If it’s a choice between a monster, game changing RT and a run-of-the-mill LT, you obviously choose the game changer.

    One thing that would impact his value if he stayed on the right side is his upside as a run blocker. 400 lbs getting to the second level is impossible to defend and might get him drafted higher the traditional RT ceiling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm not saying he should or would try to lose 80 pounds, just that it would be the only way I can see him being a top 5 pick as an LT.

  6. #21

    Default

    He potentially could be the best to ever play his position.
    Ceiling is GOAT...

  7. #22

    Default

    Rivals analyst Josh Helmholdt during the week of the Under Armor game two years ago, did say that he thinks Faalele might have the highest ceiling out of anybody in the entire 2018 recruiting class including Trevor Lawrence so there's that.

  8. #23

    Default

    He can be a top 5 pick.
    Curious if at the NFL level if his footwork is agile enough. He can simply overpower anyone who faces right now. That won't be true at the NFL level. (or maybe it will be).
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  9. #24

    Default

    Faalele was a raw talent last year. He got by on sheer physical dominance. Will be interesting to see how we looks with a year under his belt.

    JTG

  10. #25

    Default

    If he plays “nasty” he can be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I am forgetting he is a pretty young kid who happens to be huge. You can't teach 6'9".

    Minnesota is a good fit for him, and I am happy that Zach Annexstad made it Dunlop and Faalele Gophers. This is a program changer.

    Didn't his family move here this year to be close to him?
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

  12. #27

    Default

    1st round draft pick after next year.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    I am happy that Zach Annexstad made it Dunlop and Faalele Gophers. This is a program changer.
    Agreed, Similar to the recruiting Carter Coughlin did in his class, sometimes the right recruit is your best recruiter.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    Faalele was a raw talent last year. He got by on sheer physical dominance. Will be interesting to see how we looks with a year under his belt.

    JTG
    This is the key to me, he has only played football for a few years and is still learning technique. If he can master the techniques he is being taught the sky is truly the limit for him based on his size and athleticism at that size.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,098

    Default

    Not sure of a ceiling, but I do know I’m going to enjoy watching us run wild on Wisconsin and Iowa as Dan collapses his side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •