Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How high of a ceiling does Daniel Faalele have?

Don't think it'd be a stretch to say he's on track to be a top 5 overall pick in 2021 or 2022 draft

Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Don't think it'd be a stretch to say he's on track to be a top 5 overall pick in 2021 or 2022 draft
    If he has quick enough feet to move to the left side and be successful, I think he definitely could be a top 5 pick in a couple years. If he has to stay on the right side, I think his ceiling is the second half of the first round.

https://theathletic.com/1065937/2019.../?redirected=1

11. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, offensive tackle
    The humongous junior from Australia comes it at 6-9, 400 pounds. He has 275 pounds of lean mass, which is more lean mass than most football players weigh — including most of the guys he’s tasked with blocking. Faalele bench pressed 391 pounds this offseason. He hang cleans 375 and squats 570, but it’s his movement at that size that is eye-opening stuff. He vertical jumps 29 inches, who for someone 300 pounds would be really good. For someone 400 pounds … well, we’ll get to that in a minute. He broad jumped 8-7. Same deal as it relates to what an athletic 300-pound NFL prospect would do.

For more context, consider this: Faalale’s vertical jump would have tied for 14th best among the 57 offensive linemen at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine.

Now consider this: Dontari Poe was one of the all-time Combine freaks after he ran a 4.98 40 while weighing in at 346 pounds. He vertical jumped 29.5 inches and broad jumped 8-9. Faalele is more than 50 pounds heavier, and his vertical is just a half-inch less and he’s two inches behind on the broad jump. Trent Brown, who just signed a $66 million contract with the Raiders after starting at left tackle for the Super Bowl-winning Patriots, trimmed down to 355 on his 6-8 1/2 frame for the Combine had a 28-inch vertical and did 8-10 in the broad.

He needs a ceiling of at least 6'10" to fit comfortably.

After his Jr year (and healthy), I am guessing top 5.

Default How high of a ceiling does Daniel Faalele have?

I love watching his highlights.

Watch him (the play 32 seconds in) drive his guy 15 yds down the field and pancake him out of bounds, landing on top of him with all of his weight. Not only is he talented, but he’s mean af!

https://twitter.com/mostly_always/st...450982400?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been to his house, but I imagine an 8' ceiling feels a bit cramped for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Beat me to it....

I see I got beat to it too, but that still didn't stop me from posting my lame humor. Oh well, first post, always room for improvement. Go Gophs!

Blog Entries

Are we talking at OL or RB? LOL!
    Kingdom Warriors

The dad jokes are streaming in
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    The dad jokes are streaming in
    Gotta love Dad jokes.

To the OP's question though, first round NFL draft pick feels like a lock if he continues on the same trajectory and stays healthy. Top 10 is certainly within the realm of possibility as well. Kid is a freak of nature athlete and will be awesome to watch how he develops over the next few years.

And let's not forget that Dunlap was rated even higher then Faalele coming out of high school so if he lives up to the hype we could have 2 offensive lineman drafted highly in a few years. Would be awesome for the program if it plays out that way even though it will suck if either of them ends up leaving early.

Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    If he has quick enough feet to move to the left side and be successful, I think he definitely could be a top 5 pick in a couple years. If he has to stay on the right side, I think his ceiling is the second half of the first round.

When was the last time a guy who was strictly an RT went top 5 overall? He'd have to demonstrate he can play LT at the next level and to do that, he'd probably have to loose 80 pounds to be a top 5 pick at LT which I doubt happens.

His absolute ceiling would probably be middle of the first but that is probably a bit of an optimistic projection as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    https://theathletic.com/1065937/2019.../?redirected=1

11. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, offensive tackle
    The humongous junior from Australia comes it at 6-9, 400 pounds. He has 275 pounds of lean mass, which is more lean mass than most football players weigh — including most of the guys he’s tasked with blocking. Faalele bench pressed 391 pounds this offseason. He hang cleans 375 and squats 570, but it’s his movement at that size that is eye-opening stuff. He vertical jumps 29 inches, who for someone 300 pounds would be really good. For someone 400 pounds … well, we’ll get to that in a minute. He broad jumped 8-7. Same deal as it relates to what an athletic 300-pound NFL prospect would do.

For more context, consider this: Faalale’s vertical jump would have tied for 14th best among the 57 offensive linemen at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine.

Now consider this: Dontari Poe was one of the all-time Combine freaks after he ran a 4.98 40 while weighing in at 346 pounds. He vertical jumped 29.5 inches and broad jumped 8-9. Faalele is more than 50 pounds heavier, and his vertical is just a half-inch less and he’s two inches behind on the broad jump. Trent Brown, who just signed a $66 million contract with the Raiders after starting at left tackle for the Super Bowl-winning Patriots, trimmed down to 355 on his 6-8 1/2 frame for the Combine had a 28-inch vertical and did 8-10 in the broad.
    wait what?