How high of a ceiling does Daniel Faalele have?

This is the key to me, he has only played football for a few years and is still learning technique. If he can master the techniques he is being taught the sky is truly the limit for him based on his size and athleticism at that size.

His technique was fairly sound last year. The two things that will elevate his performance this year are experience and attitude. He tended to spend a bit too much time thinking last year, especially when tasked with getting to the second level. If you judge him as someone new to football, he was phenomenal. If you judge him as a candidate for top OL in the country ... well, let's just say he wasn't there yet.

A few posters have alluded to Faalele's mean streak. I don't think he has one. There's a difference between being a time bomb waiting to go off (see Donnell Greene) and being intimidating. Faalele's sheer size and athleticism make him intimidating, but I didn't get the impression he gets off on beating up people. The plays where he obliterated someone (or even gave an extra shove) were exceptions, rather than the norm.

I think that may change a bit this year, as he starts to realize just how easy this game is for him.

JTG

Sometimes people just make a mistake and transpose two words. For example, this article was in The Athletic, not Athlon.

Yeah I read the link wrong forgive me. Regardless, Feldman still classified him as a junior as I assume this article was a copy and paste job by the OP. Getting clicks takes precedence over being taken seriously as a journalist these days. That is my point.

Yeah I read the link wrong forgive me. Regardless, Feldman still classified him as a junior as I assume this article was a copy and paste job by the OP. Getting clicks takes precedence over being taken seriously as a journalist these days. That is my point.

For the record you are not forgiven and you're on the list now ...

The Athletic is a pay site, so clicks aren't gonna help a whole lot.

I'm just busting your balls though, in general journalism has gone down the pooper. Feldman does a pretty good job though. He is a rare college football writer that bothers to get to know more than just the dozen or so helmet schools.

The Athletic is a pay site, so clicks aren't gonna help a whole lot.

I'm just busting your balls though, in general journalism has gone down the pooper. Feldman does a pretty good job though. He is a rare college football writer that bothers to get to know more than just the dozen or so helmet schools.

If you have the app, this article is available for non-subscribers.

Last edited:

One has to be excited about the future of the Gophers Offensive Line Recruiting.

Potentially - Faalele, Dunlop, and Andries are all going to be drafted. This is a huge recruiting tool.

The real hero in all this is Zach Annexstad opting to walk-on so we get both of his IMG team mates.

One has to be excited about the future of the Gophers Offensive Line Recruiting.

Potentially - Faalele, Dunlop, and Andries are all going to be drafted. This is a huge recruiting tool.

The real hero in all this is Zach Annexstad opting to walk-on so we get both of his IMG team mates.

Plus three of his OTs from Western Mich got drafted in the last 3 years. It’s a really solid track record.

Wide Receiver U
Offensive Line U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Is it possible Daniel could measure the ceiling height in his dorm?

That would probably settle it.

tenor.gif

Is it possible Daniel could measure the ceiling height in his dorm?

That would probably settle it.

Don't know. We know one thing. He did leave an indelible memory on that poor Georgia Tech defender that he fell on top of.

Top Bottom