fast food tier list

1. White Castle.

Everything else is fairly fungible for me. I'll give a shout out to Arby's. I love the horsey sauce.

Hard to find a squarer burger anywhere. I love to eat clams, but difficult to find fast.

For breakfast, they will put an egg and cheese on a slider and it is awesome.

Not in a ton of states, but I would put Wahoo's Fish Tacos well into the "A" category.

I'd argue Chipotle is not bad for you.

Don't get me wrong I love chipotle and I actually think the fast casuals should be their own category for this thread (but haven't read the whole thing so maybe someone said that) but the average chipotle burrito is over 1000 calories and has like 50% of your daily fat, cholesterol, salt etc. and that is before you eat the chips/guac and drink the pop/beer with it. You can do a healthy meal at chipotle but very few people do.

Don't get me wrong I love chipotle and I actually think the fast casuals should be their own category for this thread (but haven't read the whole thing so maybe someone said that) but the average chipotle burrito is over 1000 calories and has like 50% of your daily fat, cholesterol, salt etc. and that is before you eat the chips/guac and drink the pop/beer with it. You can do a healthy meal at chipotle but very few people do.

lol i always wondered who are the people who buy beer at chitpole/noodles and co. etc. Point is you can get a bowl with double meat for like ~600cal. Salt not a concern for most people, unless you have a heart condition.

Stay away from soft drinks. Sugar is not your friend.

lol i always wondered who are the people who buy beer at chitpole/noodles and co. etc. Point is you can get a bowl with double meat for like ~600cal. Salt not a concern for most people, unless you have a heart condition.

Sure you can get a bowl with beans, veggies meat and salsa and skip the rice/cheese/sour cream/chips etc. Go to a Chipotle and watch how many people do that. You can get a "healthy" meal at almost any fast food place if you try but who does?

Sure you can get a bowl with beans, veggies meat and salsa and skip the rice/cheese/sour cream/chips etc. Go to a Chipotle and watch how many people do that. You can get a "healthy" meal at almost any fast food place if you try but who does?
On the infrequent occasion that I do go into a fast food restaurant, with a simple scan of the dining area, you can see a number of people that are high frequency customers. The faster the food, the fatter the crowd.

It just reminds me not to go too often, even though I like it when I do.

On the infrequent occasion that I do go into a fast food restaurant, with a simple scan of the dining area, you can see a number of people that are high frequency customers. The faster the food, the fatter the crowd.

Agreed.

I always get a kick out of the people that complain about not having any money yet go out to eat all the time.

Yeah even fast food places aren't cheap any more.

They aren't.
Used to be able to get a meal for under $5.

Now everything is $7-10 to start.
Did everyone's wages double during this time frame? I doubt it.

It's unfortunate because it's hurting the people most who can least afford it.

My answers below:

A:in-n-out, 5 guys, culvers, qdoba, chic-fil-a,

B: wendy's, arby's

C: Popeyes, taco johns, subway, dairy queen,

D:McDonalds

F:taco bell, chipotle (more frequent food issues than anyone), burger king, kfc, [/QUOTE]

Not a fan, didn't score:
raising canes

Burger King has really fallen in the last 20 years.

I think I have a different definition of fast food places than you guys. I wouldn't include the fast casual places in with "fast food" as they provide a significantly superior product in most cases.

I'm also surprised to see raising canes so low on everyone's list. In college and pharmacy school canes was THE BOMB but I haven't had it in 8 years or so.

Never understood the love for McDonalds, especially their breakfast. It's just not very good IMO.

I'm shocked at people who rate it so low. It's still the gold standard. IMO they have the best breakfast of traditional fast food. Coffee is great (better than caribou or Starbucks to me). Fries are the best. Consistency is great. Stores are always clean.

I think I have a different definition of fast food places than you guys. I wouldn't include the fast casual places in with "fast food" as they provide a significantly superior product in most cases.

I'm also surprised to see raising canes so low on everyone's list. In college and pharmacy school canes was THE BOMB but I haven't had it in 8 years or so.

I agree that fast casual shouldn't be on the list.

Five Guys, Smashburger, etc.

Regarding Canes, what can be so great about breaded chicken tenders?

I'm shocked at people who rate it so low. It's still the gold standard. IMO they have the best breakfast of traditional fast food. Coffee is great (better than caribou or Starbucks to me). Fries are the best. Consistency is great. Stores are always clean.

You eat fries for breakfast :confused:

I agree that fast casual shouldn't be on the list.

Five Guys, Smashburger, etc.

Regarding Canes, what can be so great about breaded chicken tenders?

The sauce and the texas toast! In all seriousness i really remember liking the breading on the chicken too but maybe after reading all these bad reviews I'll never eat canes again and just keep the good memories!

on the cost of fast food - I am old enough that I remember when a basic hamburger at Mc Donald's was 15-cents. You could get two burgers, fries and a shake for less than a buck.

of course, back then, a gallon of gas was 25.9 cents.

back then, with the low prices, people really didn't talk (or care) about the quality of fast food. you ate it because it was cheap. Now, with even a fast-food meal getting more pricey, I think there is more attention to quality and even nutritional value.

1. White Castle.

Everything else is fairly fungible for me. I'll give a shout out to Arby's. I love the horsey sauce.

Yeah so after reading this thread I got the urge for some White Castle. Was always my favorite. Man, I don't know. I'm not going back for a while.

Fast food Mount Rushmore

In & Out, Chick-fil-A, Portillos, taco bell when hammered. Chipotle sober

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kudos. Replace Taco Bell with Smashburger and you nailed it.

I honestly didn't think people ate taco bell unless they were high or drunk...

Fast food is bad for you.

ok, buzzkill. no one is saying that you should eat it every day.

and btw, steve jobs ate nothing but apples and vegetables in his last years of life and he still died young.

Last edited:

Top Bottom