a) in out, burger-fi, chic fil a
b) mcdonalds, arbys, culvers
c) chipotle, wendys, qdoba, popeyes
d) DQ, subway, burger king
e) taco bell, kfc, carl's

Fast food Mount Rushmore

In & Out, Chick-fil-A, Portillos, taco bell when hammered. Chipotle sober

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Raising Cane's might have provided me with the biggest disappointment I've ever had in trying fast food. I heard for months how great it was, when I finally tried it, I couldn't have been more underwhelmed.

Fast food Mount Rushmore

In & Out, Chick-fil-A, Portillos, taco bell when hammered. Chipotle sober

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oh man, I forgot portillo's. Number one by a mile.

Raising Cane's might have provided me with the biggest disappointment I've ever had in trying fast food. I heard for months how great it was, when I finally tried it, I couldn't have been more underwhelmed.

Same, not sure what I was expecting, but not great. Prefer McNuggets.

Tough to rank b/c of some inconsistency between locations, but if they do their best:

A - Culver’s, Chipotle (w/o E. Coli), 5 Guys, Portillo’s, Jersey Mike’s subs, Buona Beef and Brown’s Chicken (Chicago area). These are the most consistent, but more expensive.

B - McDonald’s, Jimmy John’s, Wendy’s, Chick-fil-a. You get what you pay for.

C - Taco Bell, Subway, Burger King, Carl Jrs/Hardee’s (Only go to C’s if desperate)

Suck - DQ

Haven’t tried Qdoba, In and Out, or Raising Cane, but have heard they’re good.

Won’t go to any others that I can think of.

Raising Cane's is extremely overrated. The DQ chicken strips basket is superior.

In and Out is the best fast food joint I have eaten.

Need grassfed keto to be healthy inside and out.

1. White Castle.

Everything else is fairly fungible for me. I'll give a shout out to Arby's. I love the horsey sauce.

I haven't had it for a few years and I don't see it listed, but I thought Smashburger was pretty good. Also, it seems like people prefer either Raising Cane's or Slim Chickens more than the other one, but I don't think Slim Chickens has entered the Twin Cities market, yet.

In and Out is the best fast food joint I have eaten.

I just never understood the love for In-n-Out. I can most definitely appreciate the simplicity of the menu, just a couple things, and I guess the fries are good but it's really just a burger, yes?

I haven't had it for a few years and I don't see it listed, but I thought Smashburger was pretty good. Also, it seems like people prefer either Raising Cane's or Slim Chickens more than the other one, but I don't think Slim Chickens has entered the Twin Cities market, yet.

I really like Smashburger, they have different burgers in different parts of the country (Vegas ones have a Sin City Smash for example). Any burger you can get an egg on is a good burger.

Used to like Fatburger a lot more before they changed the menu. Now it's not that great.

Qdoba is good, I like it better than Chipotle for sure.

I really try to avoid fast food as much as possible. Just not a good way to go.

I had my heart attack in 2016. I have not eaten a fast-food meal in the last three years. Don't really miss it all that much.

When I did eat fast food, my favs were Long John Silvers, Arbys and Subway. Mc Dons once in a blue moon - altho the Shamrock Shakes are pretty good, and for a good cause.

I'm not perfect. I have been know to stop at DQ for the occasional cone or Dilly bar. And my personal kryptonite would be the chocolate-chunk cookies at Holiday Convenience stores. Love those things, but try to keep it down to maybe once a month.

And I miss pizza.

I just never understood the love for In-n-Out. I can most definitely appreciate the simplicity of the menu, just a couple things, and I guess the fries are good but it's really just a burger, yes?

I really like Smashburger, they have different burgers in different parts of the country (Vegas ones have a Sin City Smash for example). Any burger you can get an egg on is a good burger.

Used to like Fatburger a lot more before they changed the menu. Now it's not that great.

Qdoba is good, I like it better than Chipotle for sure.

I really try to avoid fast food as much as possible. Just not a good way to go.

I think that people like In-N-Out because it makes them feel like they're in some sort of secret club. I'm not ordering something "animal style". Just make me a burger.

Burgers: 5-Guys, Culvers, Wendy's.

Subs: Jersey Mike's. Cappriotti's. After that they're all about the same to me.

Chicken: None of them are great, IMO, but Slim Chickens comes closest.

Last edited:

Had a Smashburger once and it was great, but it went out of business. Location is critical.

Have heard Whataburger is good and see them when I’ve been in Texas. I’ll have to try next time.

SON mentioned pizza. If you haven’t been to Black Sheep pizza in Minneapolis, you’re missing great pizza. Check it out.

I had my heart attack in 2016. I have not eaten a fast-food meal in the last three years. Don't really miss it all that much.

When I did eat fast food, my favs were Long John Silvers, Arbys and Subway. Mc Dons once in a blue moon - altho the Shamrock Shakes are pretty good, and for a good cause.

I'm not perfect. I have been know to stop at DQ for the occasional cone or Dilly bar. And my personal kryptonite would be the chocolate-chunk cookies at Holiday Convenience stores. Love those things, but try to keep it down to maybe once a month.

And I miss pizza.

Always good for a huge buzzkill. Thanks SON!

Newt's Express downtown Rochester, Caffery's LynLake Mpls before it closed.

The thing about In-N-Out for me is the price point and relative quality for that price point. I think the burgers at Shake Shack and 5 Guys are better - Shake Shack's quality is best for me - but they're also reasonably more expensive ($5.50+ for a single burger at SS and 5G, In-N-Out runs you probably $2.50 for a single and $3.50 for a double-double).

I’m sorry but any list with In-N-Out at the top is wrong. I can get a salty burger and soggy fries at a gas station.

A: Culver's. Chipotle. Erbs & Gerbs. Arby's. Popeye's. Fatburger.
B: Wendy's. Noodles. In-n-Out. Jimmy John's. Cookout. Steak 'n Shake. Sbarro. Smashburger.
C: McDonald's. WhatABurger. Subway. Taco Bell. Taco John's. KFC. Raisin' Canes. White Castle. Papa John's. Five Guys. Panera. Potbelly.
D: DQ. Sonic. Chick-Fil-A. Little Caesar's. Pizza Hut. Quizno's. Jersey Mike's. Jack In The Box. Domino's.
F: Burger King. Carl's Jr. Hardee's. Zaxby's.

Far and away the most overrated is Chick-Fil-A. Never understood the love there. I live pretty much across the street from one and never go there. A McChicken or fried chicken from Popeye's is way better than Chick-Fil-A.

And I miss pizza.

I feel like getting a motorcycle and driving off a cliff after reading this post.

A: Culver's. Chipotle. Erbs & Gerbs. Arby's. Popeye's. Fatburger.
B: Wendy's. Noodles. In-n-Out. Jimmy John's. Cookout. Steak 'n Shake. Sbarro. Smashburger.
C: McDonald's. WhatABurger. Subway. Taco Bell. Taco John's. KFC. Raisin' Canes. White Castle. Papa John's. Five Guys. Panera. Potbelly.
D: DQ. Sonic. Chick-Fil-A. Little Caesar's. Pizza Hut. Quizno's. Jersey Mike's. Jack In The Box. Domino's.
F: Burger King. Carl's Jr. Hardee's. Zaxby's.

Far and away the most overrated is Chick-Fil-A. Never understood the love there. I live pretty much across the street from one and never go there. A McChicken or fried chicken from Popeye's is way better than Chick-Fil-A.
Bizz, out of curiosity, what’s your cholesterol?

Top Bottom