Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    I still think the Joe Harasymiak hire was a strange one, not a bad one, but strange from Joe's standpoint. He left a position as a successful head coach at Maine, to being a DB coach. Maybe it's just the dues that you need to pay to move into the P5 ranks?
    I agree somewhat, but he did get a substantial pay raise to come here ($153K to $215K). It just illustrates how big the gap in pay, prestige, etc. is between FBS and FCS.

Some things that stood out.

Dunlap down to 345 from 370
    Spann-Ford up to 270 form 260
    Ottemewo up to 275 from 260
    Mafe up to 260
    Winston D up to 260
    Andries and Schlueter up to 325
    Dixon up to 320

Josh Aune listed as 230 lbs and Linebacker. (previously DB)

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I agree somewhat, but he did get a substantial pay raise to come here ($153K to $215K). It just illustrates how big the gap in pay, prestige, etc. is between FBS and FCS.
    Yeah, it's interesting.

I would think if his goal was to become a P5 HC then staying at Maine, even if it means less money, would be better long term for his career than a position coach at a P5 school. Coming off a 10-4 year and national FCS coach of the year, I think he would be an attractive option for a G5 FBS program looking for a HC. And then from there he could go a P5 school if he is successful.

Being a position coach at Minnesota would mean in order to advance his career, he would either have to go back as a HC at the FCS level, something he already has done, become a coordinator for an FBS team or take a job as a position coach at a helmet school. Seems like a lot more steps than just sticking as the HC at Maine.

Of course maybe he doesn't about becoming a HC in the FBS and just wants to make as much money as possible. But even then I feel like long term staying at Maine would be best. Oh well, I'm not complaining, very happy with the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    It is a huge gap. The only coach I've ever gotten to really know is Dennis Franchione when we we're both living in New Mexico. Prior to him being at New Mexico he was HC at Pittsburg State (a D-II team) for five years, winning the conference title each year, and ending up with a 53–6 record. 53-6 and he still couldn't land a decent D-1 job. He ended up taking the HC position at New Mexico, one of the worst places in the country to be a HC, and from there then moved on to TCU and on up.

Anyone know when Benjamin St-Juste will be added to the roster?

He must have been added today. Here’s the link to his bio.
    https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=16786

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    It is a huge gap. The only coach I've ever gotten to really know is Dennis Franchione when we we're both living in New Mexico. Prior to him being at New Mexico he was HC at Pittsburg State (a D-II team) for five years, winning the conference title each year, and ending up with a 53–6 record. 53-6 and he still couldn't land a decent D-1 job. He ended up taking the HC position at New Mexico, one of the worst places in the country to be a HC, and from there then moved on to TCU and on up.
    Jim Tressel jumped from Youngston St. (FBS) to Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    What happened to Nolan Edmonds? I must have missed that.
    I’d be curious to know also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I’d be curious to know also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too. I was hoping he would be an instant impact. Ryan Burns doesn't seem to know much about what it's going on too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm glad Bateman didn't get moved to LB. Thanks for putting my mind at ease PJ!
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Edmonds likely will never be a starter on this team with Ibrahim and Williams clearly ahead of him. Just a hunch on the reason why he is no longer with the program.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Edmonds likely will never be a starter on this team with Ibrahim and Williams clearly ahead of him. Just a hunch on the reason why he is no longer with the program.
    He was "outrecruited" at his position to use PJF's term.

The only way he can be a starter early is to transfer.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by swelna View Post
    Word on Benjamin St-Juste? I thought he was eligible immediately, but he's not on the roster? Is he not enrolling for the fall (forgive me if this was answered somewhere else)
    I see him on the roster now.

Sorry for the duplicate answer.

Regarding Nolan Edmonds, maybe one or two of the two new freshman were passing him up on the depth chart leaving him at option #6 or lower. At that point, you just aren't going to play even after the two seniors leave.
    Last edited by Face The Facts; 07-12-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"